• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tfk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deleted 10/31/14

Keywords:
none
Contents

TFK (Map)

Reviews
21:49, 22nd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Approved StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected for map being "deleted" by author and spam on the front page.
Level 13
@Nestharus

With all you're respect sir Nestharus, please do us a favour remove all attached "files" specially "PearlEastKingdom1.9.w3x" on your comments.

Edit:
We are not intend to reject you for the first place, but seen you're action is hastening before taking our approvals it's a bad habit for us.

Cause I think you only damaging our treads.

Respectfully

Last edited:
Level 1
We appreciate your comments and suggestions on our map, Nestharus. We are still working on this map, and we're giving all ideas and efforts that we have for this project. Though it will take a lot of time for us to complete it perfectly for an OpenBeta version, we will surely make it on OUR own efforts.
Apparently, we don't need to hire a new member for our project. I post before, this map was only a template, preparing ourselves for a bigger and greater map ( or specifically, a Project). This map editing was intentionally for fun, experience, training and recreation. Hope you understand, Mr. Nestharus.
As I recall, we never gave anyone a permission to edit or modify our map (which is, PearlEastKingdom) nor any map that we posted in HiveWorkshop. May I inform you sir, that your intention to help is resulting to a violation in Intelellectual Property Rights against us, and we may sue you and the HiveWorkshop for this. I would not like to gravitate this situation, so if you may, please don't modify nor recreate our map. Or perhaps, you should stop what you're doing on our property right now.

Level 31
May I inform you sir, that your intention to help is resulting to a violation in Intelellectual Property Rights against us, and we may sue you and the HiveWorkshop for this.

You sure can't ^)^. Part of Blizzard EULA =), all is open, anyone can modify, edit, and do w/e they like ^_^.

Anyways, keeping it up for your benefit and so that others may look over it.

Not destroying or hurting you're thread at all, we're all talking about your map and how to improve it =).

The only thing I modified was the save/load system because that was a given ^)^.

you should be happy that other mappers are taking an interest in your map and are helping you improve it and work out the bugs =).

Also, I apologize if you had the wrong impression about the hiring. I meant if you wanted more of my help, you'd have to hire me on ; P. The save/load was the only thing I was going to do, and I did it so that I could play it : D (wanted to try out this map). Another reason I kept it up was so that other people could play it with smaller save/load codes as well since I assume that you'll be using Encoder in your map since the work was already done ^)^.

Level 13
You sure can't ^)^. Part of Blizzard EULA =), all is open, anyone can modify, edit, and do w/e they like ^_^.

Anyways, keeping it up for your benefit and so that others may look over it.

Not destroying or hurting you're thread at all, we're all talking about your map and how to improve it =).

The only thing I modified was the save/load system because that was a given ^)^.

you should be happy that other mappers are taking an interest in your map and are helping you improve it and work out the bugs =).

We see you're point, but seen you edit before taking origin author approval first, I think that's not proper I am right?

Level 31
We see you're point, but seen you edit before taking origin author approval first, I think that's not proper I am right?

It's fine since I posted it to your thread, and again, I actually improved your map by making it run off of Encoder.

Now, if I had submitted it as my own map or something, that'd be a problem : p.

I also put all of the triggers you need (excluding lua stuff) into one folder so you can easily port it into your latest version w/e that is.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what I did. It's done with resources all the time. Sometimes, there will be a lib and someone will write improvements to it and submit the improved version to that thread. Same deal with maps, just not typically done since maps are a whole heck of a lot more work to help out with : p.

I get how you may feel upset or w/e since I pretty much shoved Encoder down your throat, lol ;D, but the results speak for themselves ^)^. People would be curious as to why you'd prefer a 34 char save/load code over a 23 character one :p.

Anyways, again, the primary reason I did it is because I'm super hella picky about save/load codes now and I wanted to try out your map =).

I'm sorry you guys took it the wrong way : ).

Btw, when I hosted your map online, people were ecstatic about the short save/load codes =). I also let them know that it shortened from 34 to 23 and it had a lot of positive feedback. I even let them know that I edited it without your guys' permission and people were like, "I'm sure they'll be happy you did it for them"

The player response has been positive ^_^.

edit
New thought...

levels 1 through max - 1 should be linked to the xp slot since the max level doesn't have xp associated with it. This should chop off another char or two from the code. So in this case, rather than hero.linka(xp), it should be level.link(1,19,xp) and then the exists stuff should be used (see Encoder demo map). I'll leave that to you guys since I'm sure you'll probably be wanting to add item charges as well so that your charged items save properly. See the save/load tutorial under Catalog techniques to learn how to do that stuff. You can also check the Encoder demo map since it saves charged items.

Have fun =), and gl fixing all of those bugs and the exploit. Your map was pretty enjoyable, waiting on more content ^_^.

Level 13
Is that is so?=OMG!!!

I not usually understand jass since then, if there possible to save structure build in original location you build or items belongs to players out of inventory using you're code save/load?
Do it for us I'm looking forward to it!

Level 31
to save structure build in original location you build or items

???

are you talking about saving coordinates and buildings?

also, are you talking about not saving items that belong to other players?

Both fully possible, and using UnitStatePercent, saving coordinates are rather small, although I don't recommend that you save coordinates.

And I assume that you want me to fix your charged items so that they save properly : P. The 1 charge pot when there were 20 charges on it is maddening ;D.

Level 13
Item charge didn't save in CODEGEN I don't know why?
I think we have no choice but to accept you :)

if there possible to save item from other inventory that belong to player such in "Travelling Horse" and bank etc?

NOTE: We don't have anything to repay you in return but(+rep) as for now, I was only confused lately of thinking how could possible someone like you wanting help us. @_#

Level 31
Oh, yes you can do that.

There was actually an interesting algorithm I developed to save any number of items in a bank (so that you could support bank extensions and etc).

Let's say you have a bank that can store 10 items.

In the save/load code, values are linked together. For example, a hero has a level and that level has xp.

hero -> level -> xp

For a bank, you could string the items up

item -> item -> item -> item -> item

etc

each link can only be passed through if the preceding value fits, so if the first item in the bank didn't exist, no items would be saved. It the first 10 items in the bank existed, then only the first 10 would be saved. This idea can actually be applied to unit inventories as well to shorten up the code more. For example, if a unit only had 3 items, then only 3 items would be saved

item
item
item

rather than

item
item
item

I haven't done these anywhere yet, but your map can be the map with the leading save/load techniques in it if you want.

Do you want me to keep the first save/load version in there (the one that's in there right now)?

The thing supports backwards compatibility on codes.

Also, I really suggest that you look at the catalogs portion. That's literally just what you did in the init for CodeGen (all of your items and heroes). I just used the ids. If you go into Object Editor and hit CTRL+D, you'll see them =). This means that you can add w/e you want there and expand it, but to keep it backwards compatible, ehh... I'll show you when I add the second Encoder.

So did you want to save a set number of items for the bank, or did you want to support bank expansions? Same with the horse, did you want a set number of items, or horse expansions (have a herd of horses, lol..)

Also, you can have different horses with different sized inventories.

For example

Small Horse- 2 items
Medium Horse- 4 items
Large Horse- 6 items

100% possible.

You can do that with heroes too
Caster Hero- 6 items?
Melee Hero- 5 items?

etc, who knows

Let your creativity be the limit ; p. So long as you keep working on this map and some day get all of the content into it, I'll support your save/load ;P. Just keep the map fun =).

Level 13
I think I really need to learn first how to read Jass, so I can understand all of this.

EDIT:
Do as you please If were not remove "CODEGEN" it might complicated into you're code, right?
We proceed in inventory extension first as like you said

Small Horse- 2 items
Medium Horse- 4 items
Large Horse- 6 items

After you're done please send me the "map.w3x" I am little confused until now but I don't care I just want to enjoy editing not making source of head ache.

Level 31
Ahk, thought you'd like that : ).

And what'd you want with banks? Many sizes or just the 1 size? Extensions? For example, 10000 gold to add 1 new slot to bank?

Also, if you do want to learn JASS, I do have some in-depth guides, but english would help ;).

And yea, here are some facts on CodeGen and etc put as simply as possible ^)^ (so that you can see why it did the 34 -> 23 thingie). I know you have a tough time with english, so I think this would be better for you than my huge tutorial. This is so that you can better understand what's going on and why I really recommended against using CodeGen.

There are 2 basic types of save/load. One type saves with placeholders.

(CodeGen, Acehart's, etc)
AABBCCDDEE

AA- number 1
BB- number 2
CC- number 3
DD- number 4
EE- number 5

The other type saves by digits in different bases (way better)
Only Pipedream's and Encoder do this

Saving 1,1
0*10+1 = 1
10*1+1 = 11

11%10 = 1
1%10 = 1

Those are in base 10 (0123456789), but you can have many values in many different bases. Recall that each value in a save/load code has a max. For example, your elemental stuff has a max of 150. Gold has a max of 1000000.

From here, there are two types of structures.

A list (all but Encoder)

And a tree (Encoder only)
Binary_tree.png

What makes a tree special is that you can link slots

hero
level
xp
inventory

vs

hero
->level
->xp
->inventory

And you can link ranges (a set of values). For example, only some items have charges =). This is why Encoder is the only save/load system that can save item charges.

Anyways, I'll get to the second version of the save/load stuff for your map tomorrow (12:12 am at the moment). You just be sure to fix up the bugs and exploits I noted ;D.

Also, for item ownership, that will have to be an entirely separate system. The save/load stuff can use the item ownership system to prevent items that are owned by other players from being saved, but the other system would still have to be coded. Do you want me to code it for you? It's rather simple.

Level 31
What'd be especially awesome is if all of the leaks were removed in the next update. Even more awesome would be the map rewritten in vjass so that it runs smoother ;D.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=bwgda7
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=4keo8o
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=l9126t
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...array-linked-list-stack-queue-dequeue-188528/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/dequeue-ranged-operations-188538/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/art-module-interfaces-188742/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/lua-object-generation-191740/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/system-unit-indexer-172090/

Also, keep in mind that atm players can trade. What I suggest is that you make it so that players can buy items from each other at set prices, that way duping and etc is prevented.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/snippet-trade-event-184444/

Or you can just prevent players from having each others items, lol.

Here are some other thoughts... you should add variety to your monsters (like making them different). At the moment, they're all pretty much the same with the same basic melee/ranged attack. Adding abilities and so on will make them different. Also making them weaker/stronger vs different elements will add another aspect of gameplay. Just a thought =).

Also, your camps aren't very varied. For example, wild boars are like everywhere ;D. For example, the spider area could have spider queen, spider warriors, spider workers, and so on. You could take it to a whole other level ;). Take a look at MMORPGs like EQ to see what I'm talking about with monster variance.

And I think that your map has potential because it has some of the best terrain evah ; D.

Furthermore, while you say you have tons of quests and stories, they're essentially just bonuses to grinding >.>. It all goes back to grinding in this. If you really want to make the quests unique, then you need to add mini game aspects to each one. Sure you have it on the catch the beetle one, but that wasn't even that great of a mini game tbh.

The golden beetle fights were much too easy. You should make it something like a raid boss, or completing a dungeon =).

xp should only be gained by a hero when that hero is in combat with the monster being fought

Your relax and tension is bugged (if I order across the map and use it, it'll still work). Check JASS section for IsUnitMoving.

Gold should be shared across all players that fought together to kill a group of monsters.

Things like monster kills should go to quests even if the player didn't kill the monster. So long as the player helped kill it, they should get the point.

If you want to do more with damage, I have DamageEvent and AdvDamageEvent, but I still need to update them to fix a few issues. When they're update, they'll be able to detect where damage came from as well as whether that damage was physical, spell, or JASS as well as whether that damage was ranged or melee as well as whether that damage was a missile, artillery, or reg attack.

I also have an attack indexer planned, which would allow you to attach effects to wc3 attacks. For example, you could have poison effect that lasts for 10 projectiles.

Just thoughts to help improve the map, making it way more fun ;D.

Oh yes, and adding maze aspects to an ORPG makes it way better. Mazes include things like obstacles, platforms, and patrolling monster dudes ;p.

Also try adding puzzles that are good and have random variance to them =).

Finally, the cam system with the arrow key rotation is pretty worthless. You might as well get rid of it. Every player I played with honestly went for cam0. The only cams really worth while are cam0 and a cam locked to the unit w/o orientating to unit's facing (allowing for del to rotate). The lock with orientation makes people dizzy, like me ;p. The rotating arrow thing may be pretty cool, but people just can't see anything with it and arrow keys online have traditionally sucked ^_^. Avoid them like the plague.

What'd probably be best is a zoomed out locked screen that lets players rotate cam on their own. From there, hide player chat messages (there's a tut on it somewhere). Remove chat messages above character heads (cool but useless) and just make it so that players can only see other player chat messages if their heroes are close enough together (easier to read too). Ofc, you could just make it so all players see all chat messages and just remove text above character =). You can only have up to 255 or 256 (think it's 255) text tags on the map at a given time. The chat above character eats into that and isn't that great of a feature ;).

edit
Now that I take a real look at the terrain, the terrain job is actually pretty bad. Sure, the cities are pretty ok and stuff, but all of those cliffs are ;o. You should raise/lower terrain to form smooth curves. Cliffs are plateaus. The entire map should start out underwater and then you should slowly raise it above the water so that you can form natural looking shorelines. Let's see, I guess Dark Invasion 2 had some of the best terrain, although its cities were pretty sucky ; ). So your cities are good, but the terrain is bad. Dark Invasion 2 Terrain + your cities and dungeons = gg ; ). Actually, the sewer portion isn't all that great either and the spider area is much too small and seems kind of random. Wouldn't it be better to make that area a cave?

Last edited:
Level 13
Is already 6;30 AM here. too early to wake-up :eek:

The reason why I use cliffs for terrain to avoid the maximum doddads (such as path blocking) can be placed in map I think it's 8000+ something, because what we got here is a huge continent of "Pearlacia" participant with five main regions.

Before we post this as region of Zyria only (we change that name into "Zhyria" later) but seems I have no vision at that time, then I recreate map and fixed them into one map.

Lots of bugs and imbalances can be encounter here, that is the reason why I post this here at hive to know other comments and suggestion. And we never reject all thoughts for us to make a perfect RPG.

As I was thought before our camera system is too bad, but seen we got a camera option like "-cam0" I thinks is players freedom to choose either to use them nor not. (anyway it's from other ideas not us)

I have a problem with the leaks, later I need to focus on that... but surely I need some help on this... `head ache`

I'm not sure, but I think creeps spwnsystem "current" is too bad, but I'm looking forward to find some spwnsystem that will fit to this huge map.

The very class changer test is only beta and not fixed one. Only waiting on the original script (such quest,events,raids) to be done to encode here.

But there is one things, I can't promise to change the current terrain, yet as I was post in change log this is the very fixed one.

Could you please send me your latest "maps.w3x" so I could start my editing...

Thanks to all have a nice day...

Level 31
Uh, you can edit it at the same time. Like I said, Encoder can easily be ported over. As long as you have Encoder in your map, you can also port over catalogs and other encoder objects (the thingies that save).

I'll have to form up the item catalog so that it saves item charges correctly, but you can continue to add items or w/e to it and then move them around later on merger. You can also form up new catalogs in preparation for the other stuff.

You can edit the map whenever =).

Also, there is no doodad limit when you use wc3 NewGen. You already have around 10500 doodads on the map. Don't worry about doodads ; P.

There is a script that I need to fix at one point that does cliff collision with the sloping cliffs. There's another that also does speed.

Also, there's a great accuracy script I was working on that does attack accuracy (if you're far away and you fire, less % chance to hit), but that one requires AttackIndexer.

All sorts of fun stuff I was working on in preparation for my own map ;p.

Level 31
It's in chapter 1 of my tut ; p (how to install correctly and etc).

Yea, you can't even run Encoder and stuff w/o newgen ;D.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ing-up-newgen-we-intro-trigger-editor-188349/

Also, you need to give me some values.

I assume these are all of your charged items?
Stone
Minor Healing Potion
Greater Healing Potion
Minor Mana Potion
Greater Mana Potion
Minor Rejuvenation Potion
Greater Rejuvenation Potion
Green Potion
Sleep Potion
Blue Herbs
Green Herbs
Mushroom
Red Herbs
Yellow Herbs

You need to tell me the max charge for each one. If there is no max, make one.

For example, Minor Healing Potion might have a max item charge of 20, or w/e. I need that info ; p.

Also, you need to tell me how big you want the bank to be, and if you placed the bank (....), you need to tell me which unit it is. If you have multiple banks on the map (I thought I saw 2), then you'll need to tell me how you want that all done.

Level 13
It's in chapter 1 of my tut ; p (how to install correctly and etc).

Yea, you can't even run Encoder and stuff w/o newgen ;D.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ing-up-newgen-we-intro-trigger-editor-188349/

Also, you need to give me some values.

I assume these are all of your charged items?
Stone
Minor Healing Potion
Greater Healing Potion
Minor Mana Potion
Greater Mana Potion
Minor Rejuvenation Potion
Greater Rejuvenation Potion
Green Potion
Sleep Potion
Blue Herbs
Green Herbs
Mushroom
Red Herbs
Yellow Herbs

You need to tell me the max charge for each one. If there is no max, make one.

For example, Minor Healing Potion might have a max item charge of 20, or w/e. I need that info ; p.

Also, you need to tell me how big you want the bank to be, and if you placed the bank (....), you need to tell me which unit it is. If you have multiple banks on the map (I thought I saw 2), then you'll need to tell me how you want that all done.
W0w you almost have all things that I need, Amazing!!!
I'm kindda feel nothing compare with you dude *_*

I think projectiles such stones max99/99
potion herbs maybe 20/20

*Is this fine to discus this here or I should make treads in map development instead?

EDIT:
When I tried to save maps with NEWGEN found errors, should I need to convert all into jass

Level 31
You don't need to convert all to JASS.

As long as you followed my instructions in that chapter, it should be ok.

And are you trying to save your map, or the one with encoder in it?

edit
Also, you are going to need to provide more information. For example, how many horses a player can have and a way to retrieve a player's horses.

And you've still to let me know anything about banks ; p. How about I set it up for you and you just add in the catalog info yourself? : )

Level 13
Ok... for Encoder, remember I told you that you need to do a lot of things before you can save it. Remember the Lua stuff? I provided all of the links in an earlier post.

I need to encode the ID no of saving items/heroes right?

If this possible I place bank manager every main cities in the region I use to create a dialogue box to interact them for /withdraw/deposit/credits(optional)

credits system: each time you kill gold % will deduct in your credits.

Level 31
Ok, what?

what I see atm is 2 little chests that can hold 6 slots each.

Now, if you want to string items together in like an infinitely sized bank, tell me the maximum size of that bank (for example, like the current 12 items comprised of the 2 chests).

The max size includes all of the possible expansions or w/e =).

This is the info I've collected from your map so far
Code:
udg_Horse[pid+1]
udg_HeroCart[pid+1]
'h001'

gg_unit_h016_0016
gg_unit_h016_0015

and let me mention again that I hate GUI with a passion and hate preplaced units ; P.

Those last 2 are your 2 chests and h001 is a horse.

I'm using dummy slots 1 and 2 for the other 2 horses that hold 4 and 6 items (assuming you want the current horse to hold 2 items).

Let me note that if you are saving 24 items with charges, your code size is going to balloon =p.

Level 13
Then we proceed to save only from horse in able to minimize that.

Horses with tree type as like you said before, but only one horse can be save each player.

EDIT:
Bank manager will only gives option withdraw/deposit/credits for golds only.

could that possible to save?

Level 31
Hold on, what do you want to save with banks?...

were you planning on saving items in them, or? because the items idea is good, the code will only get big as players have more items. I plan on stringing them together so that the code is only as big as all of the items you have (no blank slots ^_^).

You just need to tell me what you want to save**** with banks, don't tell me about them, just the literal data. 12 items max? Gold? what : P

Also, do you want to save how many items the bank can store if you plan on expansions or just static or what? : )

edit
Also keep in mind that I can easily save any of this data and things like life and mana and x,y can be saved using a percent (0-100)
Code:
hero
	x%,y%,facing%
	lvl,xp%,str,agi,int
	item x6
		itemCharge?
	life%,mana%
	abilities x4|x5?
	pet x4
		x%,y%,facing%
		life%,mana%
lumber
gold

So if you want to save hero life and mana remaining and not give their life/mana back when they level, you can do that. If you want to save pts, you can do that. If you want to save hero specific abilities or generally added abilities for heroes or items or w/e, you can do it. You can save anything you want.

Level 31
Oh that's dumb, lol... : P

I was talking about those 2 chests. Are you removing the 2 chests then, or do you not want the items in them to be saved? Or do you want the items in them to be saved?

edit
btw, your save/load code for your map will be formed up better than the one in the encoder demo >: )

stringed items, fuahaha
item -> item -> item -> item -> item -> item

The minute one of those is 0, it stops. For example, in traditional save/load, 6 items would be saved regardless for an inventory, even if 5 of those slots were empty. In this, if 5 slots were empty, only 2 items would be saved, the second being a blank slot. This makes me want to create a 3.0 of Encoder that'll auto skip slots if a value is out of bounds so that 1 item would be saved instead of 2 ^)^. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually.

Level 31
uh, either works. I just came up with an algorithm for saving infinite things, so w/e u like. You could save an army now if you wanted to.

It's this
Code:
call inventory.linka(item)         //items
            call item.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item,INV_ITEM)

Essentially, it'll keep stringing items together until it runs into a null item. I'm not doing this for actual inventory since it'd end up saving 7 slots on a full 6 slot inventory (item,item,item,item,item,item,0)

but yar, simple 2 lines to save an army ;D.

edit
I noticed that heroes only use certain elements. Will this continue to remain true, and if so, what elements do each of the heroes use? This can help decrease your code size

This is the current
JASS:
//! textmacro ENCODER_2
    globals
        private constant integer INV_ITEM = 2
    endglobals

private function Encoder2 takes nothing returns nothing
        local Encoder encoder = BuildEncoder(2) //version 2

local CodeRange hero = CodeRange.create(0, HeroCatalog1.count)

local CodeRange item1 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)
        local CodeRange item2 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)
        local CodeRange item3 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)
        local CodeRange item4 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)
        local CodeRange item5 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)
        local CodeRange item6 = CodeRange.create(0, ItemCatalog2.count)

local CodeRange elements = CodeRange.create(0,0)
            local CodeRange element = CodeRange.create(0,150)

local CodeRange level = CodeRange.create(1,20)
            local CodeRange xp = CodeRange.create(0, 99)

local CodeRange resource = CodeRange.create(0,1000000)

local CodeRange horse = CodeRange.create(0,HorseCatalog1.count)

//6 slot inventory
            call item1.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item2,INV_ITEM)        //6 slots
            call item2.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item3,INV_ITEM)        //5 slots
            call item3.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item4,INV_ITEM)        //4 slots
            call item4.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item5,INV_ITEM)        //3 slots
            call item5.link(1,ItemCatalog2.count,item6,INV_ITEM)        //2 slots
            //item6                                                     //1 slot

//2 slot inventory horse
        call horse.link(HorseCatalog1.SLOT_2_0,HorseCatalog1.SLOT_2_1,item5,INV_ITEM)

//4 slot inventory horse
        call horse.link(HorseCatalog1.SLOT_2_0,HorseCatalog1.SLOT_2_1,item3,INV_ITEM)

//6 slot inventory horse
        call horse.link(HorseCatalog1.SLOT_6_0,HorseCatalog1.SLOT_6_1,item1,INV_ITEM)

//elemental stats
        call elements.linka(element)        //dark
        call elements.linka(element)        //earth
        call elements.linka(element)        //fire
        call elements.linka(element)        //light
        call elements.linka(element)        //poison
        call elements.linka(element)        //water
        call elements.linka(element)        //wind

//hero
        call hero.linka(level)          //level
            call level.link(1,19,xp,0)  //xp
        call hero.linka(item1)          //6 slot inventory
        call hero.linka(elements)       //elements

call encoder.add(hero)
        call encoder.add(resource)
    endfunction
//! endtextmacro

Notice that I'm linking all heroes to all elements. If a warlord, for example, only used fire element, then I could just link warlord to fire and not save any of the others. Actually, I should only save elements for class 2 and above huh? : P

Also, is it feasible for a player to ever get 1 million gold? Or do you want it to save a smaller number, like 10k max gold? This can help reduce your code size even more, no point in saving numbers that'll never happen.

Level 13
Oh that's dumb, lol... : P

I was talking about those 2 chests. Are you removing the 2 chests then, or do you not want the items in them to be saved? Or do you want the items in them to be saved?

edit
btw, your save/load code for your map will be formed up better than the one in the encoder demo >: )

stringed items, fuahaha
item -> item -> item -> item -> item -> item

The minute one of those is 0, it stops. For example, in traditional save/load, 6 items would be saved regardless for an inventory, even if 5 of those slots were empty. In this, if 5 slots were empty, only 2 items would be saved, the second being a blank slot. This makes me want to create a 3.0 of Encoder that'll auto skip slots if a value is out of bounds so that 1 item would be saved instead of 2 ^)^. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually.

Thanks pretty nice...

Well saving such an army? so do you really explore pearl east map huh?
Actually, we making this maps into three modes to be played.

REALMS [current]
TERRITORIAL WAR [futures]
NIGHTMARES [futures]

I think I don't need to save army now, however If that is possible you already surpassing over-limitation of an ordinary RPG map dude!

Level 31
What tier classes are these (tell me each one)

Code:
blader
dualist
executioner
prophet
ranger
sage
shadow slayer
shaman
slayers
trickster
wanderer
witch doctor

And what about the elemental stuff? Should all heroes save all elements, or only certain elements? Tell me which heroes can use which elements so that I can form up accordingly.

And be specific, these are all of the heroes excluding refugee-
Code:
warrior
pikeman
legionaire
rogue
medium
oracle

warlord
lancer
brigand
eluminator

?????
blader
dualist
executioner
prophet
ranger
sage
shadow slayer
shaman
slayers
trickster
wanderer
witch doctor

When I'm all done, your code size should prob decrease from 23 to 18 ; D.

And also let me know about the gold. Is it realistic to save 1,000,000 gold? Or would it be better to save something like 100,000?

Level 13
And also let me know about the gold. Is it realistic to save 1,000,000 gold? Or would it be better to save something like 100,000?

Actually each hero can learn such what we called in script "RUNES" but not affected heroes skills, this runes can cast variety skills such buffs, attack. taht is the reason we create elem_stats, but still work on this,"runes". How about creating temp_spellbook "for runes" with 7 different kinds base on basic runes. they skill "runes" can be cast defend on hero base level,

EDIT:
Fix elem each hero is not a big deal.

1st to 2nd class list:
Warrior > Warlord
Legionaire > Brigand [Branch Warrior]
Pikeman > Lancer [Branch Warrior]
Rouge > Elu
Slayer > Shadow Slayers [Branch Rouge]
Blader > Exe [Branch Rouge]
Medium > Sage
Trickster > Dualist [Branch Mages]
Shaman > Witch [Branch Mages]
Oracles > Prophet

Solo Class list:
Wanderer
Bard
Smith
Farmers
Hymnist "From Hymnacia"

Max gold in bank maybe 100k w0w that huge of amount I wonder how can expense that gold in the game.

Level 31
Can only 2nd class+ use runes? Or what?

Let me know which tiers can use runes. If all of them can use runes (tier 0, tier 1, tier 2), then no point in me reordering all of the heroes ;D.

Also, tell me all of the hero specific items given this list
JASS:
set CHARGE_99_0 = 1
            call add('I00F')        //Stone
            set CHARGE_99_1 = 1

set CHARGE_20_0 = 2
            call add('I01N')        //Minor Healing Potion
            call add('I01L')        //Greater Healing Potion
            call add('I01O')        //Minor Mana Potion
            call add('I01M')        //Greater Mana Potion
            call add('I01P')        //Minor Rejuvenation Potion
            call add('I01Q')        //Greater Rejuvenation Potion
            call add('I01R')        //Green Potion
            call add('I01S')        //Sleep Potion
            call add('I022')        //Blue Herbs
            call add('I023')        //Green Herbs
            call add('I025')        //Mushroom
            call add('I021')        //Red Herbs
            call add('I024')        //Yellow Herbs
            set CHARGE_20_1 = count

call add('I032')        //Axe
            call add('I02P')        //Bandana
            call add('I02O')        //Full Pated Mail
            call add('I02K')        //Bone Wand
            call add('I02N')        //Boots of Horde
            call add('I00X')        //Boots of Speed
            call add('I02Q')        //Bronze Helm
            call add('I038')        //Dagger
            call add('I03C')        //Full Leather Armor
            call add('I03B')        //Hard Leather Armor
            call add('I02L')        //Hat
            call add('I02T')        //Hawk Mask
            call add('I02S')        //Hood
            call add('I02C')        //Hood Cape
            call add('I02Y')        //Iron Shield
            call add('I02X')        //Iron Sword
            call add('I036')        //Lance
            call add('I030')        //Large Axe
            call add('I00Z')        //Leather Armor
            call add('I037')        //Long Horn
            call add('I033')        //Long Sword
            call add('I02U')        //Mage Hat
            call add('I03F')        //Mantle
            call add('I039')        //Mythril Dagger
            call add('I02V')        //Mythril Helm
            call add('I010')        //Novice Stick
            call add('I02B')        //Peasant
            call add('I034')        //Pike
            call add('I02W')        //Bandit Hat
            call add('I02M')        //Plated Boots
            call add('I02R')        //Plated Helm
            call add('I03D')        //Robe
            call add('I02D')        //Royal Cape
            call add('I02E')        //Sandals
            call add('I031')        //Small Axe
            call add('I035')        //Spear
            call add('I03E')        //Vestment
            call add('I046')        //Wooden Bow
            call add('I00Y')        //Wooden Shield
            call add('I03A')        //Mind Staff
            call add('I04L')        //Bandits Armor
            call add('I04I')        //Boar Tusk
            call add('I03G')        //Naga Armor
            call add('I04K')        //Pick Axe
            call add('I04J')        //Wirs Legs
            call add('I04P')        //Blood Stone Heart
            call add('I04H')        //Enforcer Axe
            call add('I04F')        //Hammer Forge
            call add('I04M')        //Hard Scales Armor
            call add('I03I')        //Heretic Blade
            call add('I049')        //Medal of Great Honor
            call add('I04G')        //Mythril Sword
            call add('I04B')        //Necklace of Nobleman
            call add('I04A')        //Silverkey of Brotherhood
            call add('I04N')        //Spider Claw
            call add('I04O')        //Wild Fangs
            call add('I047')        //Zyria Reinforcer Armor
            call add('I048')        //Zyria Reinforcer Coat
            call add('I04U')        //Pirate Hat
            call add('I04Q')        //Refugee's Blade
            call add('I04S')        //Refugee's Boots
            call add('I04R')        //Refugee's Suit

And let me know which heroes can use those specific items. I'm going to shorten this code even if it kills me >: P.

Level 13
Here we go:

Item: Class:

Axe: Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Bandana: All

Bandits Hats: Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer
Rouge , Elu, Balder, Exe, Slayer, Shadow

Bandits Armor: Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Boar Tusk: All

Bone Wand : Mages, Oracles

Boots Horde: Warrior

Boots : All

Bronze Helm: Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Bronze Mail : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Dagger : Rouge , Elu, Balder, Exe, Slayer, Shadow

Full Amour : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Full Plated mail : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Hard Amour : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Hat : All

Hawk Mask : All

Hood : All

Hood Cape : All

Iron Shield/Sword : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Lance : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer
Large Axe : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Leather Armor : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

LongHorn/Sword : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Mage Hat: Medium, Sage, trickster, Dualist, Shaman, Witch, Oracle, Prophet

Mantle : Medium, Sage, trickster, Dualist, Shaman, Witch, Oracle, Prophet

Min Staff: Medium, Sage, trickster, Dualist, Shaman, Witch, Oracle, Prophet

Myth Dagger: Rouge , Elu, Balder, Exe, Slayer, Shadow

Naga Armor : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Novice Stick : All

Pick Axe : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Pike : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Plated Boots/Helm; Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Refugee’s Boots, Blade, Suit : Refugee’s

Robe/Royal Cape : All

Sandals : All

Small Axe : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Spears : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Vestment : All

Wirst Legs : All

Wooden Shield : Warrior , Warlord, Legionnaire, Brigand, Pikeman, Lancer

Wooden Bow: Hunter/Ranger

Last edited:
Level 31
Ok so wait.. you said you use the elemental stuff via runes, but only one class can use runes?

And it'd be very helpful if you just put the classes that can use an item all the way down that list... otherwise I'm halted on this save/load. I'm just waiting on that list.

It'd only take you like 5 mins. Anyways, waiting on that list.

are you using NewGen (it works with 1.24e btw and any newer versions)?

Btw, tested map...

1) The hold position button is green

2) The attack button has no disbtn

3) I don't think its right to reset the kill count for repeatable quests (since the count continues after the required has been reached, the users might think that it is possible to just accumulate kills, then finish the quest right after taking it again)... You should just reduce the current kill count by the amount needed to finish the quest... or if you wish to reset the count, then you should have stopped the count from increasing once you reach the required amount to finish the quest...

Level 31
EDIT:
I have problem now in saving map.

It disable LUA FILE HEADER and all triggers in ENCODER folder.

I just remove NEWGEN cause I believe this is not fit to version I was using now 1.24e, but since same result It disable LUA FILE again, why?

You have to use NewGen to use Encoder. Also it works with 1.24e considering that I put a map up >.>.

edit
and what about runes? From what I saw, it looked like only a certain class could use them. Can any class use runes? Are all elements useful for all classes?

edit
Ok, smarter idea... tell me what classes can equip what item property thingies

Code:
0       --------------------------	Off-Hand
1	--------------------------	Clothes
2	--------------------------	Leather
3	--------------------------	Chain
4	--------------------------	Plated
5	--------------------------	Sword/Axe/Hammer/Two-Handed
6	--------------------------	Dagger/Katar/Fist
7	--------------------------	Mace/Wand/Staff/Book/Runes
8	--------------------------	Bow/Crossbow

So like, all may be able to equip clothes and off-hand, but only oracles and w/e may be able to equip 7.

Level 13
EDITS:
Runes can be use by all characters only not in refugee's.

Its being complicated now, every time I open maps with NEWGEN it say its not support the maps version then when I use to hit open, and save after, its disable the LUA FILE, and each time I tried to run.test nothing happen...

Level 13
0 -------------------------- Off-Hand
1 -------------------------- Clothes
2 -------------------------- Leather
3 -------------------------- Chain
4 -------------------------- Plated
5 -------------------------- Sword/Axe/Hammer/Two-Handed
6 -------------------------- Dagger/Katar/Fist
7 -------------------------- Mace/Wand/Staff/Book/Runes*
8 -------------------------- Bow/Crossbow

Right,

*Edit "Runes to Crystals"

Edit:
Warrior > 0-5
Rogue > 0-3,6
Oracles > 0,1,7
Mage > 0,1,7
Hunter > 0,1,2,8

I mean 'Runes" I was talking about is for everyone and its a skill not items, so change runes equipment into crystals,

Adiktuz said:
Btw, tested map...

1) The hold position button is green

2) The attack button has no disbtn

3) I don't think its right to reset the kill count for repeatable quests (since the count continues after the required has been reached, the users might think that it is possible to just accumulate kills, then finish the quest right after taking it again)... You should just reduce the current kill count by the amount needed to finish the quest... or if you wish to reset the count, then you should have stopped the count from increasing once you reach the required amount to finish the quest...