• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tfk

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deleted 10/31/14

Keywords:
none
Contents

TFK (Map)

Reviews
21:49, 22nd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Approved StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected for map being "deleted" by author and spam on the front page.
Level 10
Pretty cool map. At first I was just gonna name a few bugs, but then I figured I might as well throw in a full review (even though it's already approved). Hope you don't mind. :D

Here's my review:

Good things about your map:
  • Excellent terrain! If I was one of those people who judged maps solely on the terrain of a map (no offense to anybody), I'd give this a 5/5.
  • The game has a unique feel to it, making it seem more like it's own separate game, than a Wc3 map.
  • Very nice use of custom resources. (This also contributes to the "unique feel" the game has.)
  • The unique systems on this map, such as the way you learn your spells, the combat system, the quest system (including usage of the "Talk" ability your hero has), the reputation system and many more also contribute to it's "unique feel".
  • Lots of quests to be completed and a lot of uncharted territory to cover, making for a long game, and I mean a long game.

Bad things about your map:
  • Bug: Towards the bottom of the map, there's the fight between the guards of the stronghold and the Dark Mutations. If you take your hero close enough to them, you begin to gain experience, regardless of whether or not you are actually fighting. You can continue to stand there and gain experience for as long as you desire. The experience comes rather quickly, so this is kind of a cheat if you want to level up without fighting anyone or completing any quests.
  • Bug: The camera system is a nice idea that works, well for Player 1. I played the game as Player 2. Player 1 confirmed that he could in fact control the camera without a problem. However, I could not zoom the camera out at times. Sometimes it seems to just be a little delayed, but at other times, it would not work at all. The messed up part about this is that you can zoom your camera in all you want, but you can't zoom it out. It makes me glad you included the "-cam0" command.
  • Can seem kind of "slow-paced" at the beginning if you don't have enough players due to the toughness of the creeps. Perhaps a difficulty setting of some sort?

Overall:
Well overall, it's a pretty cool map. A unique atmosphere, combat system, abilities, and quests with only a few bugs, brings on a whole new meaning to the phrase "awesome map dude" and is a must play for Wc3 lovers. I think you earned yourself a 4/5 and a +rep! Good job!

Level 31
That's not the save/load system that isn't working then. It sounds like someone screwed up a variable somewhere, so it isn't able to access the hero =P.

The heroes are stored somewhere for each player. When you pick a new hero, it has to be stored =P. It sounds like the switching isn't storing the new hero =).

So again, that has nothing to do with the -save command =P.

Hopefully jxtrang or someone fixes that up ;D.

Level 1
Good guy and a friend I played I was a warrior and he archer, more
not saved when you change your class, before trading saves more then normal
not save more.
I have helped ^^

I am the game tester.

Level 3
I have a problem at the begining , at 5 Lv i can't change in any class , I stayed near Jason and clicked on the icon and nothing's happened , what should i do ? And in quest Lv 5 talk with NPC at Avara i couldn't found " Perfect Thimnath " who and where is he( or she )

Level 31
Don't know when a new version will be out. jxtranghero killed backwards compatibility on his codes and I think his latest version has the destroyed backwards compatibility, so look forward to a possible code reset while jxtranghero undoes everything he did with the save/load or moves to another system ^)^.

edit
It looks like the codes are going to be reset as jxtranghero is moving back to CodeGen. Code will probably more than double in size.

Oh well. Item charges won't save anymore either, unless he wants to triple the code size =).

So moving from a 23 char code to a 46-60 char code that doesn't even save as much. Oh well, gg.

Oh, and you guys can probably expect a code reset every time he adds a new feature, so yea, I feel for everyone who wants to be playing this map =).

Last edited:
Level 31
er, you do, you can just delete all of the catalogs etc out of the map and then paste the ones from an older version, problem solved.

I'm not going to fix what you yourself broke =P

and yea, people get pissed off at code resets. A lot of people quit maps and never play them again if a code is reset even once. The more you reset a code, the more you lose people's trust =).

edit
well, it looks like I'm never ever playing this map again =p

cya =)

and yea, it would have honestly been less work to download an older map on this thread and cnp the save/load triggers over than delete everything and start all over on CodeGen... so you were being pretty stupid/stubborn about this =P.

and don't ask for my help with anything.

Last edited:
Level 4
I have a problem at the begining , at 5 Lv i can't change in any class , I stayed near Jason and clicked on the icon and nothing's happened , what should i do ? And in quest Lv 5 talk with NPC at Avara i couldn't found " Perfect Thimnath " who and where is he( or she )

Drop all items and try it.Perfect Thimnath, go first base(first respawn arena) and use "Insert" key you can see.(In dota "Lanaya" hero)

Last edited:
Level 20
Hey! I love your map but i'm having a lot of trouble.

I play on Garena. I'm playing with a brother, and i found some bugs:

-n command, and -lc command, do nothing, but change my name to Player 2... making my save-load code unusefull

I can take more than one quest from any quest giver, and complete them all, but when i talk, i just receive one reward, and the other quests remain there forever, unable to re-ask, and unable to deliver. Same with archer, the net dissapears.

There's a Knight far away to the east from the first town that Trains Rogue... ¿Why's that? There's a rogue trainer on the first town.

I had a Caravan Horse, used the -uc (Teleport o first town) and Horse got stuck, unable to move, or drop, and with my items there :) Finally, i had my lvl 15 Pikeman with no items, and my name was "Player 2"

Level 13
Hey! I love your map but i'm having a lot of trouble.

I play on Garena. I'm playing with a brother, and i found some bugs:

-n command, and -lc command, do nothing, but change my name to Player 2... making my save-load code unusefull

I can take more than one quest from any quest giver, and complete them all, but when i talk, i just receive one reward, and the other quests remain there forever, unable to re-ask, and unable to deliver. Same with archer, the net dissapears.

There's a Knight far away to the east from the first town that Trains Rogue... ¿Why's that? There's a rogue trainer on the first town.

I had a Caravan Horse, used the -uc (Teleport o first town) and Horse got stuck, unable to move, or drop, and with my items there :) Finally, i had my lvl 15 Pikeman with no items, and my name was "Player 2"
***(-lc) command force your character leave out of combat mode.
***If you get and finish all given quest from same NPC, it will end with a reward without notice the first given quest. To found press F12 to see the conversation log.
***Your saved can be load by using the name "Player 2" don't change your name (-n) when your saving or loading your code, the code read your saved player name in able to load in proper.
***Inn keeper can bring you inside Guild House (all skill trainer's are there) instantly which can be found each safety zone or towns.

Level 20
PLEASE

Add more info about the game. Quests, terrain, mobs, system are great, but, what does each command do?, Is there a save-load system? (I haven't read it anywhere), Why is there a Dragon Knigth far away to the west, surrounded by lvl 35 creeps, just to First Class Change: Rogue? Why does horses get stuck eventually unable to do anything?

There's a bunch of people fighting on the bottom of the map against some lvl 5 monsters, random chests are dropped and if you click them, they become your property... Eventually you gain exp from those when the neutral soldiers kill the creeps.

Also the Stuck-horse gives exp when standing there, tough the hero is far away.

I got the Honey, but the quest was unable to deliver. Also there was some quest unable to receive. Sometimes they activate, sometime doesn't.

Oh... another game, anothe hero, another stuck horse :) ¿Do i have to feed them or something?

Also, boots doesn't increase Movement speed :) Oh, and "Throwing Spear" takes your lumber, says it's not able to learn/upgrade, and stays at lvl 1 forever.

Last edited:
Level 13
PLEASE

Add more info about the game. Quests, terrain, mobs, system are great, but, what does each command do?, Is there a save-load system? (I haven't read it anywhere), Why is there a Dragon Knigth far away to the west, surrounded by lvl 35 creeps, just to First Class Change: Rogue? Why does horses get stuck eventually unable to do anything?

There's a bunch of people fighting on the bottom of the map against some lvl 5 monsters, random chests are dropped and if you click them, they become your property... Eventually you gain exp from those when the neutral soldiers kill the creeps.

Also the Stuck-horse gives exp when standing there, tough the hero is far away.

I got the Honey, but the quest was unable to deliver. Also there was some quest unable to receive. Sometimes they activate, sometime doesn't.

Oh... another game, anothe hero, another stuck horse :) ¿Do i have to feed them or something?

Also, boots doesn't increase Movement speed :) Oh, and "Throwing Spear" takes your lumber, says it's not able to learn/upgrade, and stays at lvl 1 forever.
Ok I fix that thanks for info.

Level 3
Hi so I've spent time trying this map out three times and I've run into a few problems.

- A description somewhere of why your doing what your doing. Just to give some directions and start the story.

- Interation can fail on quest items and they dont always reappear. Usually not an issue since so many of them about.

- Interaction does nothing to some of the quest items it just processes for a bit then nothing.

- Herbs don't always stack when collected but when you drop both on the ground and pick them up with two empty spaces in your bag they do.

- Items don't always get picked up when you interact with them. If its a herb it will spawn an item you can collect.

- There are a number of clipping errors in the towns where your character falls through the terrain. The guild hall is a good example.

- Many doodads in the game seem to serve no purpose but it seems they should. I.E the blue globe in the Guild Hall.

- Most of the quest descriptions should be more fleshed out. I.E. the first step of qualifications tells you to meet all the masters but doesn't then tell you to return to the Councilor to hand it in.
I.E.2 The deliver a note quest just tells you to deliver it to the main barracks but doesn't tell you where that would be. Perhaps give directions like To the South. or in your quesion mark have some options giving some directions to areas on the map and how they fit together.

- In the guild hall most of your descriptions spells the word "chance" as "hance".

Seems like a great map and idea but I just don't have anythig to draw me into it and a few hiccups that prevent me from wanting to continue it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Forest stalker quest requirment should be at lowered in lvl as you can encounter tham at lvl 5

Where is spider Cave? cannot find it for the life of me

It is hard to tell what damage you are doing to monsters. If you can color code the damage from abilities and the normal attack.

For skills like counter is it triggered by your normal attack or by the skill pierce? I see no difference in my damage from pierce.

Crashed each time I tried to save

Last edited:
Level 3
Ok so I have one last lot of stuff I tested tonight. I'll try this map again when you realse a new version

Match trainer with class names

INT or WIZ different skills call it by a different name? Could this be causing some of your skills to not do the right amount of damage

Make a trash bin so we can remove refugee armor or make it sellable

Medium's Tidal wave and Fireball doesnt work. It shows the effect, costs mana but deals no damage. Tested by removing wand and attacking from range.

Creating Potions doesnt use up red and blue herbs. So one herb can be used to make many potions. This allows for basically free money making for the mage.

After creating a potion you have to remove it from inventory or you cant create any more.

With the infinte potions means medium has a huge advantage over other classes as you can regen health and mana much more easily than other classes with such slow regen

Medium does more damage with his wand than a pikeman does with his spear on auto attack.

What does Soul Steal actually do. What are Spirit points? There may need to be a counter for it so people can see how many they have.

If you repeat the antidote quest more than once you are occasionally left with a mushroom that does not stack and has no number. It is of infinit use

Damage statements don't always come up

The hotkey for both potion creation skills are the same, when pushed only health works even if you only have a blue herb

Force Dust Skill stuns but there is no mention of it doing so

After 3 sets of 500 attempts I can confirm potion creation is not 25%

Harran - Yellow Herbs quest doesnt work. Picking up herbs or buying them both don't trigger the counter. Having ten in inventory and talking to quest hand in doesnt work

Hatching egg is a 1-5 quest. You will be too high a level to do it by the time you reach it.

Each time you click the quest it spawns eggs and they don't diseaper creating many extra items in the world

Many of the quests in this area has the same problem.

Horse speed needs to be increased. Many of the classes can out run them without a speed increase

Keep up the great work.

Level 3
not a problem. I know the lists look huge but that only because its mostly cosmetic stuff. Plus most of it is related.

I really do like what you've done so far so I'm eagarly awaiting the next version so I can try out a few new classes.

Level 1
few mobs, jobs, and quest...the goal of the game is not very clear, but the map is good...it's a cool game... but there are lots of bugs to be fixed... saved code cannot be played again(i played this game in a computer shop of my friend then i saved it, then, i played this in other pc... the code didn't work)..

Level 1
Absolutely cool terrain. But.. i found much bugs. 1. interact makes sometimes stuff disappear, and that's bad cause quest items don't respawn? 2. first quest which i was trying was called as spiderling or smth, and i never found a way to complete it.
I still don't know how to get 2nd job, even i played 2-3hours and got only to lvl15. sorry for my bad grammar and thanks.

Level 3
Issues I've found:

1: Iron Shield gives the same stats as Iron Sword (15 Attack, 25% IAS)
2: "Mastery" does not seem to work, it says it adds 100% STR to damage but doesn't. Or if it does it's only occasionally or something.
3: Long Sword says that it is two-handed but you can still wear an off-hand shield with it.
4:If you're going to keep with the tradition of making the changing part of a skill blue you need to change Warrior's "Fatal Blow" the blue text is the APx50% STR, the part that changes is the % chance that it happens.

On the up side, i like the idea of the game. I'm disappointed that there are so few items, and that most of the "main" quests in the beginning aren't implemented but over seems to be pretty good idea. I'd also like to see the crafting system implemented as well.

Level 3
Actually it looks like all the two-handed weapons still count as one-handed. Also for Pikeman's passive "Deep Blow" the skill % chance goes up, but the damage is colored blue. Idk where you would do smithing, not even sure if it's available yet, but the tip doesn't say that it's not. Finally, Lancer's "Warmanship" skill doesn't seem to add anything on the surface... Unless it works in the background, adding in 10 str to the damage of my skills.

On a completely unrelated note to the bugs I've found... <.< Can you change the Warlord's skin to something not Arthas? I can't stand him. But meh, just an opinion.

Level 15
i haven't been checking this project out much but from recent posts this is turning into japanese anime rpg.modelwise
GOOD JOB BTW!
it should have in help though you must be wearing no gear when you accept..
cus when i tried to change class it took me 3 or more tries before i figured it out

Level 4
Ok.
Fishing do not work and tells me to target a tre...
When you die you have to pay to go back to city (and if you dont have enoguh gold) or else you will revive the same place u died near a monster... and keep dying until you get bored or 5 times (5 times dying made me respawn at city)... that serious???

What about the creep kill system... if i kill a monster only i get quest update... seriously?? its pretty hard to kill those spiders alone but if you dot with someone only the 'last hiter' you get the quest update...

tl;dr : the game is pretty hard (this is awesome) but there is a few things that i hated.

Level 4
Change the colors of the letter from save codes.
Can't find Janus anywhere so i can't get the first 5 rep points to advance...
You name some commands but not what they do.
Bottom left town there is a cleric that lets you enter the hall... you just drop in the middle of water stucked (thanks for that)

Level 4
Me and some friends playings... one dude with 1 bow and 1 sword equiped... me with 2 stick and 2 armor equiped... so many bugs :)