• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #23 - Dark Entities/Revenants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the Alpha channel and color everything in 100% Black, test the skin. You'll see what can be alphaed out then, and what parts cannot - those who can't will show up as team color instead. That's the first thing I do with any skin :)

Yeah, but some models don't allow alpha at all, so they will still show texture even when alphaed out. I hate when Blizzard does that.

Level 28
How little are we talking? A week? Or less?

MOOOOOOOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOoOOooOOoOSEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEeEEEeEEEEEEeeEEeEE

*foresees consolation prices to entrants due to not enough of them is completed, because people are lazy asses asking for extensions and then doing absolutely nothing*

I see that I need to constantly keep nagging on you guys for stuff to materialize/happen here....
Extension was asked and was given for your enjoyment and workflow.

So yeah, get your lazy fingertips back on your tablets/pens/mouses and do your entries :d

Your weekly poking guy Heinvers~

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

but it kinda motivate me to do something. i hope i manage to produce something before the deadlines

Edit : remake my entire skin, and i go with this. i swear to god this is the last time i change my entry

WIP 1

Attachments

• Arthas.jpg
    Arthas.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
wow dude seriously? are you going to start an arguement with chr2 if his texture fits or not to the dark theme when we're god damn 2 days away from deadline?

Ohhh well...WHAT? 2 days? Well sure, but for now yeah, no more arguements, siince it pretty good designed actually. I'm just a little...harsh with that one.

Good luck then everybodey!

Level 25
@Chen
Technically there's nothing stopping this guy from being a former naaru too.

@Heinvers
I should, hopefully, be able to make it in time. In any case, I won't ask for another extension just so there's one more entry finished.

@Apheraz
I think the only part where the detail might be a bit too extensive is the robe, and that is one of, if not the only part of the texture that I'm fairly satisfied with, so even if I had the time, I don't think I'd change that part (aside from maybe the colors). Also, given the time I have left, I don't think there's any chance of the remaining parts being over-detailed.

Anyway, the current parts of the skin that are textured and shaded will all be final. I'm not happy about this, as there are sooo many parts I would've wanted to change, but right now it's just about finishing this fucker on time.

Level 28
It looks great! I would recommend working a bit more on the skulls proportions though, it's always hard to get it right from the first (or even to the fourth-fifth) try. Close the eyes a bit, get the nose higher, stuff like that. Check skulls references.

Note: it looks good on the model but not so well on the portrait. But the portrait is more important in this case, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.