• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #23 - Dark Entities/Revenants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

tweaking the tone on the bottom part a little bit.

WIP 2

Attachments

• BansheeRanger.jpg
    BansheeRanger.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 87
I wonder if we can revive Dionesiist as well....
I don't know.
Do miracles still happen today? :)

yeah, i'd like some more opinions if this will pass up to the theme and to make sure i am not spending my time on this only to know i'm way to off track. here's the current face by the way.
I think it's okay.
It's dark enough for me. :)

Level 49
BTNWalkerOfTheVoid.jpg

swag.jpg

thanks for the fast responses! now i'll be continuing this skin despite the large numbers of recycled UV's. i might consider changing to the tree of life model and keeping the same concept. if only i knew this guy has a messy wrap, i would've worked on a texture for the tree of life model.

I just don't know when I would buy since exams are coming O_O
And there's a chance that I would not be able to participate, in that case, "I'm sorry" in advance.

I see, well I'm curious since you're one of the cool guys around.

Yeah and about that, you never know, deadlines can always be extended if the need arises ;)

Level 30
She's not. In short, she's been forced into something, and everything she does is now to counter the one who did injustice to her. You ought to look the whole story if you want to see the actual difference :)
But I believe there's no good and evil, I very firmly trust in right and wrong instead.

Anywhore, if you wanna talk on this topic more, whoop me a VM, just to keep this on-topic.

Level 30
If the problem is in wrapping, look at skins section for that model to find some inspiration on how to bypass hideous wrappings.

If the problem is you not being satisfied with skin so far, I'd immediately change the model. Chances are, if you ain't happy with it, others won't be either. Dissatisfaction will show on the texture too.

Level 49
BTNWalkerOfTheVoid.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

decided to change the model to be textured because... the amount of recycled UV's on the ancient of lore is just too much.. i mean, both the legs and the arms use the same wrap, the branches on his back and the inner part of his mouth uses same wrap as the body. i just can't stand that.

i wanted to make him have a face that looks like a skull but making his nose to look skeletal is just weird. sure on front view he looks skull enough with that kind of nose but side view, he just looks weird specially on the portrait angle.

Level 49
Ah that's too bad, I really liked the swamp creature idea :/ This is looking promising too though
209078-albums5742-picture60370.gif

yeah. sadly i had to give up the concept. i really liked it too, but i just cant stand the UV. the head will look good but every other place will just look bad and i really wanna fiddle with the alpha channels on that one, i had a great plan on his body that involves alpha but his other parts will have holes too lol.

Level 49
You could probably try another ancient? Or are they the same shit?

i tried remaking it on the tree of life since it has the least amount of recycled UV's among all the other NE ancients but the head UV is just too small to fit in the face structure that i want and anything that i place that looks like an open mouth ended up like a plastic surgery failure.
i'm kinda liking the uv on the bloodmage though. his portrait animations with this skin looks awesome.

Level 49
Alright I see. It's just that, I can't think of many ancient textures, while with blood mages.. plenty.
Sigh.. blizzard and their wrapping.

yeah its really tough to find a war3 model with a "decent" UV to texture on. the tree of life model was my last choice on the swamp creature concept but the space is just too small to put any details so the head will just look similar to the default tree of life head only with more wrinkles.

Level 28
Yea like, I just noticed the Revenant is ass and I can't really alpha out the plate on his chest since it is actually used in the portrait. Oh and where the fuck is the area that controls the helmet eye hole (that T)? I gotta find it so I can texture it like it is in the normal model. Oh well. I might be switching as well.

Still, I gotta hand it to Blizzard, they made amazing designs, animations, overall 3d models. I prefer these to what they are offering now... Now if that doesn't say something about war3 models...

I'm not sure we're on theme though, are we? We can switch to VMs if there's actually more to be said, if you wish.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

swag.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

current skin so far. turned his hair into a hood. i really wanna alpha out those remaining hair but as always the mesh is UV'ed on a single segment on the texture lol.

very neat, i like it alot.

+REP

Level 49
BTNWalkerOfTheVoid.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

i'd say 70-80% complete on this one, i'll just be posting a portrait file since there's nothing else to show except his upper body. its kinda weird that i'll be submitting two blood mage based entries on both the texturing and modeling contest.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i think i gonna leave this contest, i just don't have enough motivation to finish mine.

good luck for all the contestant though

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

No man don't leave :/ Come on Wisdom. "If you're tired of starting over, STOP GIVING UP" You know :cgrin:?

i am not tired of anything. just feeling not motivated to do it. but perhaps i will change my mind in close time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.