• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #23 - Dark Entities/Revenants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I figure out where exactly the location for the Portrait Helmet Hole Texture part is, I'll be sticking to this, with less updates, probably.

Imlerith256x256.jpg

Imlerith1024x1024.jpg

ImlerithPreview.jpg
Nice work, morbent! :)
Looking forward to see moar WIPs, guys!

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

progress is slow, but i guess it's better than nothing.

WIP 2

Attachments

• Arthas.jpg
    Arthas.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 139
Level 30
There's some quality models out here which could serve a great base for this theme.

Storm Panda is one of them. Sorceress with heavy Alpha Channel playing on legs to transform them into something else or tattered pieces of the dress would be the other idea I'd go for. There's Banshee too I guess, but it's got horrible face wrap, and you can't change her to look like something else too much. Lich is a superb model for this too. And harpy model would be amazing if someone's THAT good to work on such hideous texture.

Remember, creativity does count :)

Level 12
More pentagrams needed :cgrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQD0DzmmZo
Cool wip Beta.

Wisdom - looking forward to that Nazgul :cgrin:

Its so hard to create that pentagram, it took me a couple of tries to make it align(in which I failed). Its bad looking to some angle at the camera.

I still need to refine that horn.

Edit: I am so disqualified considering my wip looks hellish, not dark HAHAHA Oh well, guess I'll start over then.

Welp, some early shjat. Don't know how I will proceed with making it actually fit the theme better. Oh well, that's a problem for later, or not a problem to care about at all.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Oooh that's nasty. Looks really detailed and nice, gj :)
It should follow the theme as long as its nasty xD

Level 7
Its so hard to create that pentagram, it took me a couple of tries to make it align(in which I failed). Its bad looking to some angle at the camera.

I still need to refine that horn.

Edit: I am so disqualified considering my wip looks hellish, not dark HAHAHA Oh well, guess I'll start over then.

thats lame I was looking forward to seeing that golem thing finished :p

Level 30
Any race could work I guess, as long as the theme is dark enough.

"Contestants are to create a creature of darkness, be it a void walker, shadow elemental, skeleton, risen dead, revenant or a necromancer, as long as it is obviously shadowy and dark."

You could even squeeze through a possessed night elf archer if you could draw her dark enough.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

just to keep this updated, i learn a new technique from here and i decided to change my entry. so here it is. WIP 1

Attachments

• BansheeRanger.jpg
    BansheeRanger.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

not much can be see though, but here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 176
well. no time, no feelings, no interest. I am sorry, i am leaving contest ;<
You haven't showed a single wip so far. So please, don't be so quick to abandon it.

There's plenty of time to think of an appropriate unit to texture and have fun as well with it.

its decided! im gonna be entering this contest. i plan on doing a texture for the ancient of lore model. I CAN'T promise a good texture though lol. its been a long time since i made a texture.

Sounds good~

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i think it will pass. for me, it looks darkish enough. not sure about the others opinion though

Level 49
BTNWalkerOfTheVoid.jpg

yeah, i'd like some more opinions if this will pass up to the theme and to make sure i am not spending my time on this only to know i'm way to off track. here's the current face by the way.

Make it a bit more meaner and it will pass.
Slightly darker should do.

alright, i'll work on that. gonna be changing the color scheme to a dark green tone.

EDIT:
BTNWalkerOfTheVoid.jpg
[/IMG]
swag.jpg

so i reworked the eye area and made it bigger and removing the green glow leaving only a blank eye socket. also a preview of it wrapped in the model

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.