• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 - Fiery Demonic/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wip #2

Here's my second WIP. Early stages on the armor..

Im gonna increase the shadows and highlights on it, and of course add more, later.

Another point I just wanted to bring up here. The brace on the front of his arm is a CnP of the one on the back of his arm. But I am redoing it. I only did that to see if it would fit properly.

Attachments

• ss0001.JPG
    ss0001.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Razormane.JPG
    Razormane.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 135
  • ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 220
Level 18
Aww! Baby Doom Guard! He's so cuuute!

But seriously now... You should definitely increase shadows n such like you said, and he seems a tad pinkish in hue. And how come the braces n such are gray in the skin, but are then green in the screeny?

EDIT: How are these tats?

Attachments

• ss0020.jpg
    ss0020.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 111
  • ss0019.jpg
    ss0019.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 130
Aww! Baby Doom Guard! He's so cuuute!

But seriously now... You should definitely increase shadows n such like you said, and he seems a tad pinkish in hue. And how come the braces n such are gray in the skin, but are then green in the screeny?

EDIT: How are these tats?

Lookin' much better!

Anyways, the gray parts are TC'd. Unfortunatley JPG's don't support alpha channels. I just happened to chose green for some random reason, for the Team Colour. I'll see what I can do with the colour.

Edit: HAHAHAHA!!!! My monitor was set darker than the original brightness and that's why I thought it was red!!!

Last edited:
Final Entry!!

i present you ....BAKOU!!!:ugly:

PitLord.jpg

View attachment HeroPitlord2.blp

i misted time.. to make it... but anyway .. i guest its the final version cause.. i can't work on it anymore ^^ (work work work..)

Encountered Problem....

Hey,
I wanted to do a fire shaman... but half way through the skin got messed up!
Here is the skin... Ingame the whole model is black & the geosets with teamcolor are red.
If you know what the problem is or how to resolve it pls help me in this thread so!

EDIT (Bit LATER)

Ok, itr woks now... Thx to all who helped!
Heres the new Skin and ingame pic!

Attachments

• Shaman.blp
    207.5 KB · Views: 88
  • FIRE SHAMAN.png
    FIRE SHAMAN.png
    1 MB · Views: 179
Final Submission: Kazzak Jr. [Baby Doomguard]

Here's my final submission. Enjoy.

It may not be the greatest but I only had three days to work on it while everyone else had roughly a month.

Demon Channel 9 Interview: Doomlord Kazzak said:

Arissa Hellblood - Today, in Demon Channel 9, I, Arissa Hellblood, will be interviewing an entity that everyone knows; mighty warrior, right hand of the fallen Archimonde and wielder of his mighty blade: Doomlord Kazzak! Good evening to you!

Doomlord Kazzak – Good evening, Arissa.

Arissa Hellblood – Well, I’ve heard that you finally decided to stop leading our demonic forces against the poor WoW players and decided to settle down? What made to change your priorities?

Doomlord Kazzak – Well, Arissa, at one point in your career, you realise that beating the crap of some no-life noobs running around you doesn’t give you the pleasure and satisfaction you received when you were young. and then you start to question yourself: “What is the meaning of life? Why I am here?” and then you understand that no matter what you do or what you have done, people will end up forgetting you. This is something that everyone will have to go through, I suppose. Well, only then I understood that killing is something that you can do easily (there will always be someone there ready to raid you, even if your loot isn’t THAT good) but settling down and having a family is a challenge that few can overtake.

Arissa Hellblood – Indeed. And what did you do?

Doomlord Kazzak - Well, since the boss of our company, Archimonde, had left due to medical reasons, I heard he had an accident in a forest or something, I decided to leave the front and get an easier job, to have more time and meet a special someone. And so I did. I met my wife, bought a house in the East of the Twisting Nether, where we have been living for a year and where our dear boy was born.

Arissa Hellblood – How sweet! And how did you name him?

Doomlord Kazzak – Well, my wife didn’t mind me to choose a name, so I choose Kazzak Junior, because it’s the name that my father had and the name he gave me.

Arissa Hellblood – Well, I must say that we are running out of time! Thank you very much for sharing your life with us, Kazzak!

Doomlord Kazzak – No problem.

KazzaksWife-1.jpg

Thank you Masiah for sharing this interview with us!

Path: Textures\Razormane.blp

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 239
  • ss0001.JPG
    ss0001.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 217
  • ss0002.JPG
    ss0002.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 190
  • ss0003.JPG
    ss0003.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 175
  • DoomguardHellspawnUnwrap.JPG
    DoomguardHellspawnUnwrap.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DoomguardHellspawn.blp
    85.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Kazzak'sWife.jpg
    Kazzak'sWife.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Ingame.jpg
    Ingame.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Level 14
That is because Blizzard repeated textures. The various Illidan skins as well as the satyr skin use similar textures. All of the palladin skins are similar as well.

It is because of this that I found out about the transformed texture.

Level 45
hum... i didnt want to chock people D:... its just... i think its a bit late to say the contest its over.. next time i wont say anyting...
I can end it whenever i want and i can extend it whenever I want. I allowed extra time for more entries to be submitted with a final post as i delayed in warning people, so i suggest people should be rather greatful infact.

Status
Not open for further replies.