• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
:) here's mine :)

Snowy Watch Tower

within a Mountain Lake.

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    4 MB · Views: 87
I want a bloody icon for the contest. It pisses me off that people get it for concept art contests, which aren't even related to WC3, but not for this.

Actually, the concept art ones aren't planned to get any award icons either.

Strange though how the youtube one IS. I don't get it either.

Level 24
Unbroken's are the ancestors of Naaru,actually it is a long tale,how the Lost Ones Evolved into Naaru and then De-evolved back into the Unbroken ; this starting a war between all three classes,that belong to the same specie,Draenei.

I love Naaru's ,but the Unbroken are the same.

Ok,now excuse for the off-topic notes

Level 36
I think it's ugly. The moon looks like an alien spaceship abducting those poor little trees there and casting some nuclear radiation into the lake to make it all blue and fugly, while some dumbfuck from the short bus dumped neon lights into the water near that little strip. WTF EH?!9

The other one was better...

Teh fix.

Level 23
Its great how you did the stars (which need to be dimmed) and the moon, but the reflection needs to look more like the moon. Perhaps add kindof a wavy pattern on the water by having them placed back and forth in a zig zag pattern in the water. That ought to gve it the appearance of the moon's reflection.

Level 12
~Void~, Its my first terrain ever, and I've never done a night type theme before... I just used the doodads as well as I could...

Could you please tell me why exactly its ugly? I mean, the moon looking like it wants to abduct the trees doesn't really help me a lot. Also, What would I do to make the reflection different? I have darkened the water a bit to fit more with the "night", but after that I don't know how I can improve it.

Level 17
Unbroken's are the ancestors of Naaru,actually it is a long tale,how the Lost Ones Evolved into Naaru and then De-evolved back into the Unbroken ; this starting a war between all three classes,that belong to the same specie,Draenei.

I love Naaru's ,but the Unbroken are the same.

Ok,now excuse for the off-topic notes
I'm sorry, but that is completely wrong, check http://www.wowwiki.com/Naaru#History I think the "naruu" you are referring at is the Draenei.

On-topic.

UTM doesn't seem to work for me anymore. :(

Level 23
The UTM works for me. Maybe you managed to corrupt it? I advise having your ddodads a;ready plaaced in a folder where you can store them for easy importing.

OFF-TOPIC: the naaru are not even related to the dranei or the eredar.The Dranei used to be called eredar and the naaru were supposedly born at creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.