• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #7 - Small World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
You know what i always say: criticizing is easy, art is difficult. LOL pissing people off must be fun.

Except that's not true at all. Proper criticism takes expertise. To be honest, art is not difficult at all. It takes skill, but it is not difficult unless you make it difficult.

So neither are particularly difficult, they just take skill.

Level 6
I admit that it can be the other way around. But what i mean by critisizing is like a non professional opinion. And by art, i mean true art, not just something you just decide to create, and you finish it like that.

Level 10
Yeah im not sure what esactly us judges are suppose to do. Are we suppose to score everyones terrain on diffrent stuff like theme, difficulty, awesomeness, or do we just say who we think is 1st 2nd 3rd? And who are we suppose to report to?

Level 19
Yeah im not sure what esactly us judges are suppose to do. Are we suppose to score everyones terrain on diffrent stuff like theme, difficulty, awesomeness, or do we just say who we think is 1st 2nd 3rd? And who are we suppose to report to?

theme, atmosphere, profesionism(tile variation, no spam and shit), hours that you put in it.

give point from 1 to 10 to all 4 categories then sum up the points to obtain the final result, then you give the judging to void who if is not very lazy will sum up the final results from all judges and come up with the final final score of the terrainer

ofc void must do that for OVER 17 terrains!!!11 so i advise you pull out your pocket calculator void :D

Level 10
Nah we should all judge the same way (score between 0-100) otherwise it would be confusing as hell and if we all submit a score for each terrain its less likely to be any ties.

Ill get to work..

Level 14
~Void~ said:
I didn't say it did, but it makes the final result more accurate.
Nor did I point fingers; stop assuming. Furthermore, something being 'thought-out' yields more detail and critique in it, but it doesn't imply the veracity of those statements (Hence bias can creep in). And if you really want to fight semantics, then PM me and I'll yell at you there.

Level 36
Nor did I point fingers; stop assuming. Furthermore, something being 'thought-out' yields more detail and critique in it, but it doesn't imply the veracity of those statements (Hence bias can creep in). And if you really want to fight semantics, then PM me and I'll yell at you there.

I just figured you were talking about my previous comment. It was also about things being "well thought-out".

Status
Not open for further replies.