• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #7 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
the%20hive%20workshop.png

music.png
contest.png
number.png
7.png

results.png

fantasy_environment_thumbnails_by_dkundzinsh-datdkq8.jpg

Art by Dkundzinsh

Participants are to create a song that depicts a place. It can be generic place, a biome, an actual existing place or a fictional location. Example themes: palace, swamp, dungeon, Azeroth, Stonehenge, My Little Pony Land, Vatican, "I-Just-Invented-This Forest", "Palace of Madness", etc, etc.

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
  • Participants: 5 reputation points

contest%20judging.png

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

ScoreBoard.png

Formula: (PollVotes/TotalVotes)*25 + (JudgeScore/MaxScore)*75

Link to NightStalker's judging

Arena winners.png

Contest Thread | Poll Thread

Attachments

• NightStalker's Judging.pdf
    129.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Level 19
Haha yeeeee @Brambleclaw !!! Glad you didn't judge?
Thanks @NightStalker , for the nice review, and thanks to all contestants for making this a fun experience!
Let's get the next one rolling?

Thanks to you and all the others for the quality compositions you made ^^ I really tried to be as just as possible, I hope i didn't under/over rated anyone's work.

To be honest all the entries were quite good and I really had to listen to all the songs so many times. I'll even keep listening to a few of them according to my personal taste :p

I'm looking forward for the next contest. Hopefully, I'll participate this time. It's not very fun to be the judge :p

Kudos to all of you people for the participation, to our moderator and to the people who voted as well ^^

@Brambleclaw @Devine @deepstrasz @The J @RiotZ @AditTechno @enzo2090 @Svetli @blacklabel @KayS @Naze

Level 4
I just read NightStalker's document with judging breakdown and I must say it's the best thing I would want to get for my entry.
Nothing is more refreshing than to read how another person felt what you've tried to express with your music.

When I saw a contest has been started, I just wanted other entries to be better than mine.
I've got more than just that.

Thanks to everyone for participation.
Thanks to NightStalker for his time and attention, this is priceless.

Level 19
I just read NightStalker's document with judging breakdown and I must say it's the best thing I would want to get for my entry.
Nothing is more refreshing than to read how another person felt what you've tried to express with your music.

When I saw a contest has been started, I just wanted other entries to be better than mine.
I've got more than just that.

Thanks to everyone for participation.
Thanks to NightStalker for his time and attention, this is priceless.

Thanks to you as well, for being a part of this ^^ Stay tuned to participate in the upcoming ones ;)

Level 22
Not gonna lie, I have no idea how you scored me in nearly last place.

Edit: Your judging wasn't unfair at all, though. I think it would have been properly pieced together had I added vocals, alas I can't record them professionally and I don't feel like adding additional instrumentation was appropriate anywhere in the song.

Level 28
Status
Not open for further replies.