• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #16 - Castles/Cathedrals

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a new update of my work...
minor lighting fixes , changed the floor (now using some kind of floor with blue variation) and changed the camera position.

---
EDIT:
And i also finished constructung the second structure/building/tavern.

View attachment 139015

---
EDIT:
Oh hell , i think glows are messed up now , i must refix the camera. :<
Image deleted...

Level 23
Thanks all, the door was unfinished ^^
The moon needs to be fixed yet, such as others things, but it's just a WIP afterall xD

24cb68w.jpg

Level 20
I haven't joined any contests in a while now--- so I am joining this one :D

Wip ~

It's to go under a merging with nature, with Night-elf-ish trees and plants entangling the structures.

Go easy on the criticism if you can.

Attachments

• 2014-09-05 19_05_06-Warcraft III World Editor - [C__..._The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0 v1.w3x _.png
    2014-09-05 19_05_06-Warcraft III World Editor - [C__..._The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0 v1.w3x _.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Level 4
Those vanilla(?) columns on the front of your cathedral look somewhat out of place to me, and If I'm going to be honest, I'm not a big fan of this tilted camera angle. Just my thoughts.

I brought back the old sky , let me hear your opinions. It looks gray right now , i will make it a bit red-dish orange stone later...

Anyway , heres the noon version :p

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090714_203528_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_090714_203528_01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
Level 4
Looks like there are some unsightly seams on the low wall bordering the water. That aside, the terrain is coming along great.

Looks like there are some unsightly seams on the low wall bordering the water. That aside, the terrain is coming along great.

Yeah i see , i accidentally moved the rock from nowhere ( i mean , there're alot of doodads behind the camera and i accidentally slided/dragged the rock through the water) :D

Level 31
I still think it misses some aspects that are brighter than the others, such as those bright windows were, it made them stand out from the rest. Because right now if not the sun lighting it looks one big mess of various stones and bricks, so observer have to stare and focus to extract certains details and understand where and what ends or starts. It needs shadowing below cathedral mostly, so it wouldn't look like a pile of ruins / rubble.

No offense, it looks really good and obviously well made, I just try to exaggerate to point out the flaws I see.

No WIPs from me yet, Heinvers. Yet it might be familiar to Notre Dame or Metz cathedrals with some interpretation added to it.

So i improved the lightings (again) , skies and increased the shadows effects... (As what APProject suggested)

Changelogs...
-I noticed the lighting bug in some places , i already fixed it.
-I removed the rock in the water as what Nebuli noticed yesterday.
-I added few Parapets in the fourth building (behind the third building).
etc.

For the next update , i will edit the color of the omnilights (i think this is easy for others , but for me this is a bit complicated/hard , i dont have much knowledge on War3ModelEditor)

226575-albums7453-picture88802.png

Anyway , here's my current desktop settings ...
I think other monitors have different color,brightness and contrast settings , here's the settings of my desktop. I know theres a bit difference when viewing it in other monitors.
226575-albums7453-picture88803.png

EDIT:

Hey , this is the latest :D
-New Water Texture , more detailed...
-Fixed the stairs
-Minor tweaks and fixss on lighting (again and again)
etc...

226575-albums7453-picture88804.png

Last edited:
So the map file plus a screenshot?
I am so confused...

Try viewing the previous contests and see how the contestants submit their works. You can either or both submit playable and/or non playable as long as you focus the camera on the cathedral. :)

The backmost bridge looks to be a really awkwardly wide arc.
U mean stretched? Yes i placed a stretched arch there... It's just temporary...

More colors could help

Oh god im tired , i dont know how possible to add more colors , maybe place more glows will work. :<

Last edited:
Too lazy to do that :p Anyway , thanks for your help :D

This is probably my final entry... if you find something out of place etc etc , please tell me , i might improve it again sometime ...

Heres the Super Quality of the Terrain Image.

Name : "Poco Venezia"
Inpired in : City of Venice

226575-albums6981-picture88829.png

Status
Not open for further replies.