• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Editor Features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Ok, but you said doodads are a solution to 2, so it seems to be natural to think doodads are a solution to 3 as well.

GetLocationZ could be replaced in a random terrain generator to make sure there are no desyncs. For example:
On a 128*128 map, make a 129*129 2D real array. When a terrain deformation occurs, calculate the deformed heights on the grid manually. To calculate the height of a *random* point, do a linear interpolation of the 3 nearest grid points...

Level 36
You can't expect everyone who plays wc3 to be able to buy computers with their own money. Most of the people who started playing were like 10.

10 year olds shouldn't be playing WC3 anyways. If people actually wanted to, I'm sure they could make enough money for a computer. Just go mow rich people's lawns or shovel the snow out of their driveways.

Level 8
Make moving the doodas easier. Seriously soem doodas, you just cant move. Well i don't know if that's a problem with WE or with the dooda itself ?

Anyways, if you do manage to do this, you will probably be loved forever xD

Level 8
Oh thanks dude, never knew about that xD

I hope if this gets made it will be better ad adding water and editing the emm height. Becuase sometimes it jsut doesn't seem to work. Or when you try to take down an edg it jsut makes liek 3 more edges and it keeps going on, and on. Good luck !

Level 15
Which is similar to ~Void~'s suggestion about making rotation easier. Instead of having to deal with all of the crap in the Object Editor, to be able to do it in the Terrain Editor easily and faster without effecting all other doodads of its kind would be nice.
Far Cry 2 Editor has THE perfect way.

Level 3
A 'Find and Replace (All)' in the trigger editor would be nice
Going through each action in a trigger to just change 1 unit or region is hell-annoying.

Level 3
Well i am new to this Map Making business and don't understand how to use unit groups in triggers as such, or the case i was speaking of it can't be used.

Level 3
you must make the doodad placing free i mean that when u place a doodad u can place it wherever u want even if there are others things there, also also make every doodad be placeable like u place a barrel or something.. so it will has pathing, and when u click like shift or something u can place it like none pathing doodad, but still u can place doodads freely

Level 18
i agree with mendel.

to add on to what he said, things shouldn't have Rectangular Pathing only. There should be circular, or better yet infinite polygonal pathing. For instance, a barrel has a round base. or a house has a strange circular and rectangular base. It should be so that it will block units on all sides of the house.

Of course thats only a dream lol

Level 12
Hello, i got 2 "features". Maybe you cant do them because i dont know that much about programming so i dont know what possibilities the warcraft 3 world editor engine have. But my first Feature is when you have the biggest map 254x254 and you have been terraining much of it. Then it begins to lag when you raise and lower your terrain and its really annoying i hope you can fix that. Second is if you could make the terrain brush more roundish since its like small squares put togheter, i dont think you can do this since the terrain tiles is icons and they are squares. GL

Level 8
Page Up: Increases height
Page Down: Decreases hieght
Home: Increases Width
End: Decreases width

Much better than mouse.

Level 4
Don't know if this is already said but an ingame model editor where you can view all animations, changes skins and things like that. And an easier object editor. Change things like if it's a unit or hero in one click. Also an easier way to change the layout of the game. Well.. And more things. Standart trigger systems, so you can choose an already made system andchange it if you want. Like all things needed to make an cinamatic. Hope u understand my English

Level 8
I give one more vote to being able to place fogs just in specific regions. Really, that would be awesome, and usefull. Specially with a GUI action ;D

Just some crazy ideas:

-Another intersting feature that would be very usefull would be the ability to have an "Lower" that also adds water. Would be pretty hard, i guess.
-Make ciffs don't go crazy when placed with water?
-I don't really think that would be possible but find a way of using more than 16 tilesets.
-A way of the dodaad height not reseting when you use CnP. Only being able to move them is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.