• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Important :: about Cliffs and lvls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, first sorry for my english i am from spain. Well i have been reading a lot of threads in this forum about terrain and about mixtdata and enable limits with newgen ect...

But not one single post saying this important things :

1 - Limit of cliffs lvls ?? 15 ??
2 - Limit of total hight of terrain ?? 3700 ??

I have try this :

[Terrain]
// terrain parameters

// Maximum slope in degrees, (86+ will disable slope limits)
MaxSlope=128

// Global height limits
// 0 = low ground, each cliff level = 128
MaxHeight=10240
MinHeight=-512

It doesnt mutter how far i increase the MaxHeight, in the editor when i create a new map it tells me i can put 50-60-70 lvls og cliffs high. BUT THEN in while editing terrain in my map ONLY 15 LEVELS of High with NATURAL ( Blizzard ) Cliffs.

Please need hep with this problem. Just want to know the MAXIMUN high of terrain on a map. And the maximun lvls of cliffs.

Notes : I am using the last pack of newgen jasshelper. With enable no limits. My map is 480x480 size.

Level 6
Yes i created UI folder and put miscdata inside. Did all the things that are said in the tutorial or guide in this forum. ( At the top Morbids Tutorialv).

The problem is that miscdata.txt i think is a lie. Because wc3 editor has some limits in terrain high that are not just to easy to enable.

HERE i put some images for you of my mountains and maybe you will see better::
primerawc3montaa.jpg

The top montain is a mix of raisin tool terrain and blizzard cliffs it goes up to 3693 high. But in miscdata.txt my maximun high is 10.000.

Here is another pick where you can see the high:::
wc3montaa2.jpg

There you can see the max high and the max lvl of blizzard cliffs high.
( Punto ) = ( Point )
( Nivel de precipicio ) = ( lvl of cliff )

Last edited:
Level 36
The editor only supports so much even with miscdata.txt.

For example if you set the maximum slope to 120 degrees it obviously will not make a 120 degree hill.

Likewise if you set the maximum height to a million it won't do that either.

Not entirely sure what the hard cap is.

Status
Not open for further replies.