• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Height Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Have you ever noticed when you raise the land to a certain extent, a hole appears at the tip and you can no longer raise it anymore?

I edited "miscdata.txt" and changed the following:

// Global height limits
// 0 = low ground, each cliff level = 128
MaxHeight=6144
MinHeight=-2048

however this doesnt do anything...i still get that whole when i raise the terrain to that SAME level...is there a max on this and if so, how much is it?

Level 18
your hole appears because you are using the miscdata or NewJenPKG

There is no way to change this i suppose because the game engine wont support something like that. I could be wrong. However its my best assumption since u tried to change it and nothing happened.

however one thing to keep in mind is that MiscData.txt is not the same thing as miscdata.dll or an actual script. You would have to edit the actual script of the miscdata and not just the text.

If you desperately need to make your mountains appear huge, and if you can't find any answer how to make such! Then all you need to do is to resize all doodads and units, (make them smaller). After you done with that use triggers to lower game camera and it will look good!

This is boring and large work, but better something then nothing :xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.