• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #12 - Tiebreaker Poll

Theme

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirrorverse and Evolution were tied at nine points each. So the tie needs to be broken:
unknown-1-png.295149

Please vote for one of the following:
  • Mirrorverse: The Alliance becomes an evil, tyrannical empire that witch-hunts all practitioners of magic; the Night Elves are sadistic warlocks and industrialists; Ner'zhul grants the fallen the chance for revenge and peace by reanimating them with their minds intact. Flip a faction on its head and reinterpret it as its polar opposite, whether ideologically, visually, or both.
  • Evolution: This is all about how you can build a whole techtree starting from one unit and one building. You are only allowed to have one single base unit and one single base building. Meaning that you can only build one type of building and only produce one type of unit. However,upgrades and transforming units are allowed.
Original thread: Techtree Contest #12 - Theme Poll

Attachments

• unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    53.5 KB · Views: 345
Well, it's much of a time travel than evolution.

I'm just brainstorming silly ideas. But then again,my statement was CLEARLY still in the evolution category, so this might need more explanation:
(time travel [caveman->medieval soldiers->modern soldiers],or downright evolution[like mine] )

(How do dinosaurs quickly transform into an elephant?)

Who knows? Maybe King Die-No Soar III wanted to marry Queen Elly Phant so badly. Only their newborn son, Prince Chik Ken might tell us :p

I think it's more about mutation from weaker to more powerful units, or from workers to warriors.

This seems more like jobs to me.

Evolution, in this instance, is seen from the context of the Zerg. It's not about a long gradual process will multiple generations and what have you - it's literally a unit that morphs into another unit. To quote:
  • Evolution: This is all about how you can build a whole techtree starting from one unit and one building. You are only allowed to have one single base unit and one single base building. Meaning that you can only build one type of building and only produce one type of unit. However,upgrades and transforming units are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.