• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poll: Techtree Contest

Who would participate in a "techtree object editor" contest.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Personally, I'd just edit an old race.

but i dont think ill do this if we cant download custom models and skins; although i'd want to, i just wouldnt be able to make a good race.

Level 25
The reason why we aint allowed to download models is that then it would be more pointing in good looking models instead of nice tech trees.

Sure someone would vote cause of that a race looked more hot with only custom made women instead of voting on a non-custom-dwarf-race.

Level 32
Thanks for your interest guys, and for keeping this thread alive!
  1. • Do we have to make terrain?
    You can if you want, but it would be a total waste of time: this contest is about working with Blizzard's Object editor, not about terrain, icons, models, or anything else.

2. The contest will begin within 48 hours.

3. Yours truly will be the host and judge.

4. The template map will be attached to the contest itself when I post it.

5. The final dates, deadline and rules will also be included with that forthcoming post.

Level 26
A question: does this:
One existing specific race must be chosen for editing:

* Human, Orc, Night Elf or Undead.
Mean the only race you can make is an existing playable race? Or does it simply mean you use a race and turn it into another, like Goblins?

Also, will there be a specific theme, or is this competition generic?

Level 32
A shame I'm going on vacation just when the contest will start... But if the duration is really 4 weeks then I guess 3 weeks will be enough...
This contest is going to be very tricky as I presume that most participants will misunderstand the rules and / or botch their submissions.

Expect five to six weeks as a (temporarily considered) duration.

Level 19
I have decided upon my race. It shal be the Arachnid Coalition consisting of Nerubians, Aracnathids, and spiders. Now I just need to wait for the contest to start and I can start actually making the nerubians, aracnathids, and spiders :p

Chaos that's a bad idea. START making the race now, then export the unit object data via the object editor and your submission will be complete.

Level 4
I was gonna make a sweet race, but i need to be able to download some custom models for it :(. Oh well, as it is now this contest is just to restricting for me to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.