• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest # 2: Altered Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I have pm him now, I guess we will just have to wait.

As always.. doesnt bother me though... then I have time to finish my "paired minigame map" which now aint in the contest.. as it aint paired anymore (My partner is gone). :wbored:

Anyway looking forward to it...

btw: does rules say anything about size of map or similar (cheats triggers, secrets....)?

Level 10
Other then the player limit, no, I dont think so....
But, come ON... puting cheats in your own map? XD While I have to agree that its a smart move, it wouldnt be fair, since you know it, and the others dont ><

Level 8
Cheats are not needed in a map. Besides, once people know how to cheat, they will. What is that I hear you say? Only those with your name can use your cheats? Welcome to my game of 12 Modos :sad:.

Seriously though, cheats cheapen games. I have accidently released a map with debug codes still available and it isn't fun.

Level 35
Other then the player limit, no, I dont think so....
But, come ON... puting cheats in your own map? XD While I have to agree that its a smart move, it wouldnt be fair, since you know it, and the others dont ><

Eh the cheats was actualy not meant to be usefull cheats.. just some unnormal events that can maybe aquire if the right thing is written. Like meteor storm on everyone or similar...

Level 8
I started preparing models for my sheep race. They are each just under 25kb, which is really cool because I can make as many as I want. Some are made by modifying 1 line in the .mdl file while others are large modifications. I added an very simple attack and spell animation to the Sheep as well. I used the animations that were already there, copied their values, reduced the start and end frames and that was it.

I have attached "Pyronaxus the Flaming Sheep", one of my Sheep hereos. I am not sure if sheep need hereos, but they will have a few. I gave him the hero glow and a small fire. If you think I need to increase the size of the fire please tell me as it is easy to do.

EDIT: Just as a side note, this is pretty much my first model edit, so please be gentle when you tell me that it sucks. Thankyou.

Attachments

• FlameSheep.mdx
    20.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 12
Sooo, how's everyone doing? Hoping hindyhat will do something soon but he seems to be away to.

Edit: frostwhisper, is there any way you can become a moderator that can start contests?

Last edited:
Level 12
That's great, now we maybe don't have to wait until summer to start this contest.

Edit: I send a message to wolverabid about the contest and he said it had to wait another week at least.

Last edited:
Level 10
:/

I've been planning these races for a long time, and haven't made them due to the rules...

You cant possibly tell me we're going to stop!?

ahh well, atleast I amassed around 14 races worth of ideas... Might make a few maps out of it, I guess...

Boohoo :(

Level 35
Yeah, this contest sure has been forgotten by wolverabid and everyone else except a few. I'm not even sure if this contest will get approved now.

Well someone else then frostwishper could host it.. meaning send a notice to the staff. -> admin contact.

Anyway this is / will be the next techtree contest, not paired mapping... hate that idea... partners just disappearing

Level 12
Ok, now let's try and see what chances we have to get this hosted, at the moment I think we got 2:

We wait and hope for the best.

Or we can delete this thread and create a new one.

I vote for second option now that the cinematic min contest is over. I was really looking forward of doing an entire map and a techtree too. I hope this contest come to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.