• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Yrchian ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Oh, 1 very important thing:
Do you use auto-translation programs or do you write in another language? Can't read Enemy-Names sometimes. :S

Level 8
Yeah, maybe. Can't read the bandit's names. And some NPCs, too.
Sometimes, If I see such things, I think either the map is russian, chinese or japan or using auto-translation without german or english.

Level 16
heh i have some problems with my net :D
here are some things that i made since the last uploaded version
-improved dungeons (waterfall cave, crypt (check the screenshots))
-summon elemental skill removed
-elemental festival skill added
-more items added
-exp system added
-loading code system changed (you can't load prev. chars)
-anti single player system added (you can't save or load characters in single player or while you play alone(if at the start there are more than 1 players and all of them has left the game you can save your char, no matter if you playing alone then))
-stronger bosses
-improved skill effects
-accessory system added (you can wear only 2)
-arena hero revive system added
-revive system changed (you lose 10% of your gold after death)
-balance improvements made
-triggered drop system
-minor bugs removed
-new dungeon added (Bandits Hideout)
-the spirits at Tome of Azriel are moving ~.~

i think that's all i made ~.~
sry for my english:D

i wan't to ask something from the people who are played the map
a few versions later i want to remove the icy/snowy region at the top of the map to make some space for dungeons,houses,hideouts etc...
Do you think its a good idea?

Level 16
sad news:S
a few days ago my windows killed itself, but not simply killed, deleted the partition where i stored all my files
now i have nothing and until i don't get a better internet i can't work on anything and now if my friends don't have an original unprotected version of the map i can't continue it :S

Level 19
The way you've written it is really organised, it would also be nice to show us the Heroes' Spells soon:)
Maps like this would always cheer me up when I'm bored, so thanks for your contribution!
A +Rep to help you improve:)

Edit: Sorry to hear that your Internet's down, I hope that it'll be okay soon:)

Level 16
so the situation is: a few months ago my comp gone wrong so i decided to send every important thing to my e-mail so now i have a very old version of the map where i don't have backpack system everything is buggy the commands aren't working and it's so unbalanced:S but i have it and if my friends have a newer version of it i don't have to start the map from the 0

edit: hell yea my friend has an unprotected version of the map from the 24th of May

Last edited:
Level 8
I once had the same problem. It's a big piece of work, but it's worth not to throw away this.

Level 16
^^ it will be very nice but first i have to remake the things i already made
these things are already done:
-improved dungeons (waterfall cave, crypt (check the screenshots))
-changed skills
-exp system added
-balance improvements made
-stronger bosses
-minor bugs removed
-arena hero revive system added
-revive system changed (you lose 10% of your gold after death)
-improved skill effects
-accessory system added (you can wear only 2)
-the spirits at Tome of Azriel are moving ~.~
-loading code system changed (you can't load prev. chars)
-anti single player system added (you can't save or load characters in single player or while you play alone(if at the start there are more than 1 players and all of them has left the game you can save your char, no matter if you playing alone then))

Last edited:
Level 16
New version available.
Bugs fixed
Some skills are removed and replaced with new ones
New items added
New dungeon added
Exp system added
Balance improvement
Revive system fixed
Accessory system added (you can wear2)
Save/Load system changed
Anti Single-Player system added
Triggered drop system added
Music system added

Level 16
little story added ~.~ sry for my english :D

the next version will be totally playable and there will be at least one quest line (the quests are won't be linear, there will be different ends)
the descriptions will improved soon
i remvoed the vampire base dungeon it just don't fits the map ~.~
i upload the new version as soon as i can

Level 25
This is quite interesting, the surroundings/dungeons looks great. But, i think you should add a lot of more doodads, the ground is quite empty and it could look so much better! And you should get rid of those hideous Blizzard cliffs in the Tome of Azriel area. I hope this project doesn't die, because new types of RPG's is always interesting :)

Level 25
Yes, empty. Here:
2yw5oo3.jpg

Look at for example Void's Terrain
136496-albums77-picture643.jpg

Look at his ground, it is lots of different grass, flowers, doodads, miscellaneous.
That is what i mean by empty, it will look ten times better with more of those stuff i think. :)

Level 16
check this cave in-game ~.~ this picture is a little old but my levlin improved it a little and this is not the final cave
but void is a pro ~.~ and i just have the blizz WE i still work on the map and theese special trees just don't fit with it ~.~ maybe in an other orpg/rpg

Level 25
Mate. I am not talking about any advanced shit and stuff. And no custom things at all. Just the ground. there is lots of minor grass, mushrooms, flowers inside the normal WE that you can just kind of randomly spread out on the ground so it will be less empty :) The ground, focus only on the ground, the other terrain you've done is great. It is the ground i am talking about.

Level 16
It seems like you've put up a lot of work at this map :) I tested it single player some minutes, but it's really hard to play alone. Also, the terrain need some work at a couple of places. Also, are you working alone? I can help you check through an unprotected the map if you want to, triggers and such.

with some tactic it's easy in that version with some characters but now... it's really hard and IMPOSSIBLE to play alone if there is an icy warrior and a priest they have a little chance
and added a little extra, the priest was so weak and useless now it's the best against undead unit, with it you can kill zombies in moments ^^
yeah now i work alone but sometimes levlin helps and he makes items and he made some terrain
Hmm. I see. Then you will probably need to spread out the doodads/destructibles. Some zones look fair enough (quite good actually) whilst some of the zones looks too empty. But maybe you don't think about it as much in game as you do on the screenshots.
on the screenshots everyone search for wrong and good things but in game you don't really search for the bad things
yeah sometimes i had more creativity:D or made by levlin

Level 1
~ Again, another good example of members foolishly spending endless amounts of time to create what they think is "An EPIC ORPG" ... sadly, this one looks just as ..."good" as Dungeon Gods (which I had the unfortunate luck of playing).

Let me cut to the chase :

- Your screen-shots are terrible ; remove or update them.
- Your in-game info is not detailed to the point were we can understand the game-play.
- The Terrain is incredibly poor, bland, downright boring.
- You haven't made it clear if you implemented a quest system or not (even if it is an RPG)
- There's very little (if any) sign of creativity , special features.
- You haven't pointed out what makes this RPG any different from the 100s already out there.

* Very skeptical at this point. Good luck developing.

Last edited:
Level 16
i don't think it's "An EPIC ORPG".... it just an orpg... make better if you can
some people like this and i glad to see they want to play it
i don't make this map for YOU... if you can't say good things then don't say anything if you don't like it then don't play it
- Your in-game info is not detailed to the point were we can understand the game-play.
- There's very little (if any) sign of creativity , special features.
- You haven't pointed out what makes this RPG any different from the 100s already out there.
that's the reason i posted it in MAP DEVELOPEMENT...
you don't know what "creativity" means...
every ORPG/RPG is special and different and every ORPG/RPG has the same gameplay: go,kill,do quests,etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.