• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Runes ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This map is the same as Azeroth ORPG - nobody answered or wrote, so i closed it and post here instead, as it seems that this the place where you look.

darkrunesorpg2bq1.jpg

Screenshots:

CoNSH1.jpg
A dead forest.

ConSH2.jpg
High in the north.

ConSH3.jpg
Ashenvale.

CoN4.jpg
A little part of Ogrimmar.

Con5.jpg
Ashenvale seen from Mount Hyjal (its much bigger in map).

CoN6.jpg
The Echo Isles.

CoN7.jpg
A burned place...

Yes, i know its ugly, but on the beta versions, i will find a terrainer to make it look great (it is not that bad as it looks :p).
Currently State of Alpha:
Terrain: |||||||||
Objects: ||||||||||
Triggers: ||||||||||

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The game takes place 2 years after a great war, where the 3 races Human, Orc and Night elves stood together and fighted the Lich king Arthas undead Scourge. Our heroes failed and retreated to their homes. All of the Races met new allies in this time and they all turned against their old allies, Alliance because they though that the Orcs haven't changed sience they called demons (if nobody knows, it was the Blackrock clan who did so), Horde because many of the orcs thought it was more honorful to die whitout human ailles, they left Thrall now choice, and he had to launch countless attacks on the Alliance cities.
The game is about defeating Arthas, but hes so strong that you have to be in a very high level (there will be save/load).
The terrain is made over warcraft 3's version of Azeroth, NOT WoW! so many towns and cities we know from there are replaced whit some i made.

Arthas has planted seven runes around Azeroth, before he can die, all of the them and the defenders must be killed!

The classes and races are similar to the Wars of Wacraft ORPG's races.
When making a new character you first pick a Race and then a class. Some races can't be some classes.

Classes

Assasin
The Assasin is a silent and agile class, theyre adept at confusing enemys and strike down the weak in a single blow, though, they might have difficulty against high-healthed classes or groups.
Spells:
Shadow Meld: Makes the Assasin invisible over a short amount of time, when the Assasin is fully invisible, he/she will gain gain bonus damage on the next hit and favors when using other spells.

Mirror Image: Creates X clones of the Assasin, the Assasins will deal a low percent of the Assasins damage and take five times as much damage.

Backstab: Backstabs the target, dealing high damage based on the Assasins Agillity. Must stand behind target.

Ultimate: Ambush: Ambushes the target, dealing very high damage based on the Assasins agillity. If the Assasin is Shadow Melded, Ambus will deal bonus damage. If the target does not die by Ambush, Ambush will damage the Assasin too. Must stand behind target.

Warrior

The Warrior is a high-healthed class whit many skills that makes the Warrior a perfect tank for groups.
Spells:
Tremor Crush: Hits a unit whit such a force that the ground will tremble, dealing 3x the Warriors Strength in damage and deals minor static damage to the unit and all nearby.

Imortal Strike:
Deals 5x the Warriors Strength in damage, stuns for 3 seconds and heals the Warrior for the damaged amount.

Taunt: Taunts all nearby units, forceing them to attack the Warrior.

Ultimate: Shield Wall: Increases the Warriors armor dramatically for a short amount of time, but also decreases the Warriors attack and movement speed.

Priest

The Priest is a primary healer, they are supporters and damagers in groups.
Spells:
Holy Strike: Damages the target based on int if the target is an enemy, heals by the same amount if allied.

Prayer of Life:
Heals all nearby allied and the Priest by an amount of the Priests INT.

Inner Fire: Increases Attack damage, Life regen and armor.

Ultimate: Angelic Wrath: Damages all nearby enemy units.

--------------------------------------

Classes Planned:
Ranger
Warlock
Necromancer
Paladin
Shaman
Mage
Preist
Druid
Triggered spells and ideas for Classes are also very welcome

Races:

The races thats going to be in the map:
--Alliance--
Dwarfes
Humans
Night Elves
High elfs
--Horde--
Orcs
Trolls
Taurens
Forsaken Undeads

Items:

Im Currently making Items, ideas for items my be posted like this:

>Name<
>Model< (Like Blademaster Blade)
>Required Level<
>Effects<
>Description<

Table for Item effects:

Bonuses: A level 1 Broken Item gives about 5 +dmg, a level 20 normal
gives around 24-27 + dmg and a level 70 Artifact gives about 120+ dmg I hope you can make balanced weapons out from this

Ranks/Rarety

-Gray (Broken) A bad item, unuseable for weapons, Start weapon. (like Poor from WoW)

-White (Common) Normal, not anything else. Most things are white such as quest items and junk. weapons might be white too, but they dont got anything else than bonus dmg as atribute. (like Common from WoW)

-Green (Rare) A pretty nice item for low levels, though, higher levels shoulden have blue items. (like Uncommon from WoW)

-Blue
(Epic) A nice item, very useable by high levels and will not get shiftet out fast. (like Rare from WoW)

-Red
(Artifact) Ultra "imba", boss drop and very rare. (like Epic from WoW)

-Purple (Legendary) If you get this, you are what i call a lucky bastard. (like Legendary from WoW)

Any ideas for Save/Load codes are apricated, they must work well and be easy to implement, unless you could do it.

--Updated 17th of April 2008--

Last edited:
Level 13
Hmm, it's not that easy to say something constructive so far.

The story background seems simple, but I like the aspectwith the crystals and the crystal keepers that have to be defeated first, before fighting arthas. Also I think it's quite a good idea, not to try to heavily copy wow locations and citys at all costs. Though if you want the scenario to take place in the original warcraft universe, you should take care of original story aspects. Anyway, your story framework sounds good so far.

I'm not a big fan of choosing races and classes. Mostly because this is often done in bad ways in some wc3 maps. I'd suggest to check your pool of models (incl. some custom ones) and see, what cool character combos you can realize by using them. So you have at least one class for each race and maybe some classes, that are avaible by more than one race depending on the models available.
With other words: I'd prefer less variability in the race-class combination but a higher quality instead.

Anyway, just suggestions, keep up the work.
I'm looking forward some first screenshots.

Level 15
i will post screenshots as the map evolves, currently some very scrap terrain has been made.
The models i use are all from wc3, not custom skins or other things, weapons are real wc3 unit weapons, like the Pitlords Blade.

Each race got about 5-8 classes, a troll shaman for example, will have a troll witchdoctor model whitout his staff. A Orc Shaman would be the Orc shaman model (maybe whitout claws, not sure yet, they seem to be a part of their armor, not a weapon).

There are some locations known from wow, but that's because wow's azeroth is made out from wc3's.
The terrain is based over wc3's version of azeroth, so dwarfes starts in Northrend, not Khaz Modan.
Cityes like "Crossroads" or "The Exodar" is not existing, Teldrassil is removed, and instead, the Night elves starts in Ashenvale, near the world tree. Their base are the one the made as an outpost for Mount hyjal, to protect it against Archimonde. Sience i didnt had a name i call it Ish'oval.

thanks for replying :)

Level 34
Unless I'm wrong but the idea of those crystal & guardians where also in a other RPG, but then instead of Arthas a human king.

o_O

Ah yes! Dark Invasion RPG!

Level 5
An item: Protector of Paladine. A shield blessed by the hand of Paladine, granted to those who have walked in the path of light there whole lives.

+ armor
+ HP
[Effect] The shield is so bright that it will blind foes who walk in darkness. Will also reveal enemies who are shrouded in darkness. Grants minor hp degeneration for all enemies.

Level 15
An item: Protector of Paladine. A shield blessed by the hand of Paladine, granted to those who have walked in the path of light there whole lives.

+ armor
+ HP
[Effect] The shield is so bright that it will blind foes who walk in darkness. Will also reveal enemies who are shrouded in darkness. Grants minor hp degeneration for all enemies.

Nice item :D but, when you say "reveal enemies who are shrouded in darkness." Then do you mean like the Gem of Trueseeing?

anyways, thanks, going to make it :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 1
PLease do not halt or pospone this product , in the last forums you said that this project might die , please do not its its my most exciting map to look forward to , ps keep up the good work:thumbs_up:

Level 15
WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! THANK YOU YOU!! somebody actually replyed! its a good day :)
no, i dont think im going to 'kill' the project, im working on it right now.
Im searching for a good and easy-to-implement save/load code. Ive tryed the Optimal Sav/load code (the same as the one from Wars of warcraft) but it seems to be a little bugged, and too easy to fail on loading. I've tryed Kode, but that screwed up my Inventory system... any ideas?
oh, and +rep for holding the thread alive ^^

thanks

Updated, added more screenshots, arranged some few things and such.

Last edited:
Level 15
Ok, im close to a playable Alpha, i will upload as soon i can. Alpha will contain:
- 3-4 classes, only one race for each currently.

- Full terrain, Inventory, Save/load code, Music system and maybe fishing system.

- about 7-9 items (If any would like to make items, i will gladly send you the map!)

- A few enemys, to test out the spells and such.

Hope you will look forward for it (im not sure if any would (exept WeZurii), as it doesen't seem that any is intrested in this project...)

Level 2
Sounds like an ok map. If you want ideas or help on items, I'm willing to assist with that. I like thinking of items ;)

Level 2
Just thought I'd add a few item ideas before going to bed. I'm not sure what the max level is and how the stats work out in your map, so you might have to adjust them :p

Name - The Oracle's Band (Rare Ring)
Model - ???
Req. Level - 20
Effects -

+Mana Bonus (+182)
+Mana Regeneration (+1.70)
+Evasion (+.26)
+Bash (+.14)

---------------
---------------

Name - Shadow's Protector (Epic Shield)
Model - ???
Req. Level - 32
Effects -

+Armor (+20)
+Damage Reflection (+.18)
+Evasion (+.26)
+Shadow Revenge (Active) - When activated, steals (+.30) life every attack. Lasts 4 seconds.

---------------
---------------

Name - Thunder Arch (Epic Bow)
Model - ???
Req. Level - 40
Effects -

+Damage (+48)
+Attack Speed (+.30)
+Critical Strike (+16%, 2x)
+Chain of Thunder (Passive) - Empowers the wielder with thunder, damaging attackers for (+40) every 8 seconds.

---------------
---------------

Name - Dreadguard (Artifact Sword)
Model - ???
Req. Level - 64
Effects -

+Damage (+81)
+Attack Speed (+.18)
+Mana Steal (+12 per hit)
+Dread (Passive Aura) - Actively lowers surrounding enemies' armor by 23%.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks ;) Sorry there's no descriptions, but I can create some if necessary.

Btw will there be set items? I have a few ideas for sets if there will be any.

Level 2
it seems that u are working pretty hard in this project and i think is getting good ^^

Im sure when it releseases ill test it good luck till then :D

Level 15
Deleted last posts so i wouldn doublepost.

The website is nearly up and running, i will edit main post when its up.
The alpha will be released around 1st of may, if you want to test, you must say before 29 april (i will check as late as possible, but make sure you post in good time). The Alpha will not be uploaded (for signed people) the 1st to the 4th as i wont be here.

I hope you will look forward to it.

Last edited:
Level 15
Not much to say for now but can you try to follow Blizzard's original terrain in some parts like Orgimmar because it might confuse people, and its partially blizzard's fault about the terrains because their terrains are so nice that people take it as "the way to terrain" -.-

Well, The towns are very easy to find around in, as they're not that big, you're just small ^^

so, i dont think you get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.