• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Legend of the Black Crystal ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Legend of the Black Crystal

Introduction

The map concept is similar to Gaias Retaliation which was my base inspiration for this map. It is a hack and slash ORPG for 1-4 players. Most ORPG maps have around 10 players slots and usually leads to imbalance and you are forced to fill all or most of the slots to complete most of the map content.

The goals I try to accomplish with this map is a long game time experience with constantly altering experience. A system will change the difficulty of the map and drop chances based on the amount of players in the game. I want you to be able to solo the main story by using different playstyle than you would have in a party. Though certain dungeons and quests will be very challenging if not in a group.

You should be able to make different builds through items and some switchable spells.

I want to deliver the map piece by piece, meaning I will try to launch a demo map containing some quests up to around level 10 and then work more on the map as time flows on.

The project is in a very early state but here are some screenshots on the terrain so far.
b7YXK.jpg

0HM2h.jpg

wjPyM.jpg

Dzg85.jpg

emWXw.jpg

Gameplay

You will either play solo or in a group up to four players and follow the story trough quests, dungeons and other encounters. You will form your own champion and bulk him/her up with items you find in your adventure.

I have implemented four classes into the game so far and I have three more planned so far.
I will use the default stats strength, agility and intelligence but they won't work exactly as in normal wc3. Main attributes will always increase your attack damage. Strength will increase your armor penetration, agility will increase your attack speed and intelligence will increase your spell power. This is a matter to be changed but I want to give you a hint on what I'm doing.

Templar
BTNDivineIntervention.png

Templar is a valiant defender of the sacred order. He uses his strength and intelligence to defend his allies and punish his foes.

Role: Tank/Damage
Weapons: 1h Maces/Axes/Swords, 2h Maces/Axes/Swords, Polearms
Main Attribute: Strength

The Templar is a heavy armor melee fighter. He has mostly strength based damaging spells and certain intelligence based tanking spells so you can specialize in your own build by choosing and building different stats.

Sylvan
BTNDryadDispelMagic.png

Sylvan descends from the forest and is adept at the works of nature.

Role: Damage/Support
Weapons: Bows
Main Attribute: Agility

The Sylvan is a hybrid damage dealer and support. She has healing spells that benefits from Intelligence even though her main attribute is Agility. This makes you able to build into being either a damage dealer, healer or perhaps a combination of both.

Magi Warrior
BTNSpellSteal.png

Magi Warrior is an apprentice of the art of magic. She uses her Intelligence to outsmart and punish her foes.

Role: Damage/Support
Weapons: Staves, Swords, Wands
Main Attribute: Intelligence

The Magi Warrior is a great damage dealer. She has the possibility to use either Ranged or Melee Stance
Ranged Stance makes you regenerate mana on attacks passivelly and grants you increased critical chance. You also get to use abilities that are meant for dealing heavy burst damage.
Melee Stance makes youregenerate health upon dealing magic damage. You also get to use abilities that are meant to deal heavy continual damage.

Feral Monk
BTNShamanAdept.png

Feral Monk is a skilled martial arts expert. He recognizes the hunting behavior and instincts of beasts and adopt them to hunt.

Role: Damage/Support/Tank
Weapons: Fist Weapons
Main Attribute: Agility

The Feral Monk is a hybrid class with a wide field of roles. He has different aspects which activates different abilities to choose from. The three Aspects are Bear Aspect, Tiger Aspect and Reptile Aspect.
Bear Aspect increases your armor passivelly. You also get to use abilities that are meant for sustaining much damage and defending your allies.
Tiger Aspect increases your chance to score critical hits passivelly. You also get to use abilities to deal heavy damage.
Reptile Aspect makes you regenerate health on attacks passivelly. You also get to use supportive spells to buff yourself and your allies.

You will have a 6 slots equipment menu where you can equip items you find on your adventure. The available equipment items will vary among the different classes. Equipped items will be displayed on the character so that you will feel more powerful when you wield that shiny armor or epic staff or so.

attachment.php

Story

-Coming Soon-

I will update as I progress with the map so stay tuned and let me know what you think so far!

Attachments

• equipment.png
    equipment.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Level 10
Level 9
Hybrids and Custom Skills is what I want to see here, so more replayablity ( is that even a word? o_O ) of the game will be higher. But you stated that some switchable spells so I leave the spells to you. And also, this idea might be good:

-Gladiator

A warrior that uses scents of the dead and corpses as a booster to his strength. When he sniffs his own blood, he gains more and more attack power that can penetrate any armor. Deals low damage, but increases when his life goes lower.

Level 30
Hybrids and Custom Skills is what I want to see here, so more replayablity ( is that even a word? o_O ) of the game will be higher. But you stated that some switchable spells so I leave the spells to you. And also, this idea might be good:

-Gladiator

A warrior that uses scents of the dead and corpses as a booster to his strength. When he sniffs his own blood, he gains more and more attack power that can penetrate any armor. Deals low damage, but increases when his life goes lower.

I have something similar but I will reveal that later

Level 14
Can we see screens of dungeon or a city or something other than trees and grass?
By the way make the tree model be max and min size with a bit of diffrence so in the pictures they dont all look at the exact same height.

Good luck on the project. Rpg's are as hard as it gets around here.

Level 30
Wow, Im a big fan of Gaia's and this looks like promising as Gaia's. Very well-made terrain and nice environment mostly the skies! BTW, is there already a demo map released? I wanna play it! +REP for the promising project map!

Level 30
No sorry there is not :/ there is no really functional gameplay yet, we have made monsters etc up to lvl 10 but the armor systems and such is not complete, not many quests and no shop keepers.

We are in need of a new project leader because I will only have time for quest making and model making, I don't have time to lead the project :/

Level 30
No sorry there is not :/ there is no really functional gameplay yet, we have made monsters etc up to lvl 10 but the armor systems and such is not complete, not many quests and no shop keepers.

We are in need of a new project leader because I will only have time for quest making and model making, I don't have time to lead the project :/

Oh... that's too bad. Wish someone will be so kind to become the lead and continue the Project.:eekani:

Level 18
Wow Sunchips, this project seems so promising.

So my suggestion will be to implement a full inventory system like this one. That way you can equip much more attachments on the hero, also you could think in adding different pieces of armour such as separate pauldrons, gauntlets, etc.

Also in terms of modeling have you check this villager model? With those new attachment points it is possible to create a full gear of attachments that can cover the hero from head to toe.

PS: BTW, your attachment models inspire me to make my own. So if you need a modeler for this project I will gladly help you in what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.