• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Alvia

Should I TRY to make this campaign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have in mind of making a campaign of a kingdom called Alvia,while I don't want to make it without any suggestions or feed back and stuff and it to become a total failure,for my idea it''s like this : Gameplay : Close to totally different techtree then the normal humans. Story : The kingdom of Alvia is the most prosperous kingdom in the world called Dorthus. Due to the kingdom being very prosperous,in wealth mostly and beauty,it doesn't have the greatest military power and thanks to that one mysterious race who aren't normal humans even though they look like it with their chest covered called the Komerans who mainly comes from the world of Dorthus nobody has ever heard of it until then. The Komerans have mutations that mainly give them some speed and some strength. Due to the Komerans needing land and a place to live,went to war with Alvia and made the Iron War started. Alvia suffered the loss of HALF of its population,many died in battle or poison due to the Komerans who are known for mostly taking out countries without them suffering heavy losses and that's mainly from poisoning other kingdoms. After 2 years of war the kingdom of Alvia managed to win the Iron War but only by one general : Felix Steelglove who from his genius tactics managed to defeat them. Felix later was named king by the very citizens of Alvia. After 3 years of leadership from Felix,he died from old age. Now,the current king is George Redpaw who is the worst king of Alvia. After 4 years of Felix's death something more terrifying is approaching Alvia. Campaign : Do not expect me to be the greatest terrainer ever or the best triggerer. I will try my best. Now,while I do have a lot more story in my mind I do not want to spoil anything more. Please tell me what you think,negative or good responses are welcomed.

Last edited:
Level 11
Sounds promising but I suggest you provide more story and background before asking for feedback since you're giving the reader very little he can give you his opinion, also I would suggest you develop a coherent story which is developed chapter by chapter before you start making the campaign since this will likely ease your burden in the future.

Level 4
I will have a lot of questions,since I'm likely the newbiest campaign maker on this site : Should I edit my original post and put the backstory in there?

Level 6
Add more backstory to the original post as well as hints of where the story is going, atleast that's what I would do. As long as you an envision it the rest just kind of works itself out.

Level 4
Since I am no texturer/modeler I can't and if I try I will fail,badly,I need a really good texturer/modeler. But If I can't find any I might use some undead models for the ones with nothing to cover their chest. If someone was to make a model with that mutation and nothing to cover the chest,they should put some green lines(to look like its the veins) and maybe some bubbles-like to make it look like it has some bugs inside(I don't really know if that is possible).

Level 4
Edited the story,if you want more backstory please tell me. And that I know,and it's going to be a giant struggle. And different like how? I am up for any ideas right now.

Level 4
And also please note as the Komerans will not be the enemy when I say at the last part of the story "more terrifying".

EDIT : Their entire race is killed anyways.

Level 16
Judging from the story this campaign would be something I'd play, Im getting really tired of warcraft lore-themed campaigns and this looks new and interesting

Level 4
Interesting, it seems to me that those komerans were running from something, and that something finally reached Alvia, is this correct?
Oh,you are right,they were running to survive from their old lands and found a weak kingdom in military and that was : Alvia. And yes they were running from what I am saying about "something more terryfying".

Level 16
I'd definitely play this if you decide on creating it, story wise I can tell this will be quite unique, you just have to make the gameplay good

Level 6
Well I like the lore so far, this could turn into a great campaign if you put the time and effort into it

Level 16
I think everyone who has worked on maps understands that, at best if you have the time, skills, and effort it's possible to produce a good quality map in anywhere from a week to a month depending on the nature of the map.

(Usually good maps take ~2 weeks or so to create)

I mean it's possible to crank out low quality maps every few days but then no one would wanna play them. On the other hand people get lazy and take several months to produce a map, and when you play it you go like wtf? It took a month to make this?

So take your time and put in the effort just don't get lazy and lose focus along the way.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
The story sounds really interesting, any date on when the first playable mission will be released ?

Status
Not open for further replies.