• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Such thing as Peaceful Aliens? NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
All living beings have DNA
All living beings on Earth have DNA. We have no idea how life could develop elsewhere. Maybe they also have a code that's translated into proteins. Maybe it's something none of us would think about. No one can guess until we see it.

EDIT : I meant "we can only guess" >.>

Last edited:
Level 15
Rabies is a large exception, very few virus's are like it, but even then it afflicts only Mammals.

And for each of those disease's you named, there are a 1000 that only affect one species, just either A. We don't care, they don't mess with us, or B. We haven't discovered them yet.

Virus's also rely on DNA or RNA for infection, while Bacteria do not, only bacteria might affect aliens, and that is a small chance, especially if they are not Carbon based, and also if they find toxin's released by the Bacteria to be helpful, not harmful.

Hell, most bacteria is helpful, we can't live without them.

AND BTW, infection immunity's are not DNA based usually.

Dont matter how advanced and civilizated they are. Someday their natural resources, (water, fuel,etc.) will end, and they will have to seek another planet habited by an inferior race to steal the resources. (Just the Stroggs in Quake. They depleted their resources on Stroggos, and came to earth to steal or resources and get our bodies to make their cybernetic experiences)

Level 2
Aliens probarly wont appear in our lifetime i guess... maybe our kids i dunno...but no physical object can go faster then the light no matter the speed. Light/energy goes 299,792,458 metres per second. Energy is weightless, and you can't make anything go faster than something weightless going at full speed.
A lightyear is like 9,460,530,000,000 kilometers. and the nearest star, at 4.22 light-years.
Ask Einstein cuz hes awesome.

And alien is human made stuff. But why would they bother at some random earth if they had epic techology? We are destroying ourselves already with global warming, lol :D

Aliens dont travel faster as light. They do use wormholes. Einstein proved that can be possible:

You can open a rift in space time, travel to other dimension, then reaper on your dimension, in other place in the universe. Time and space are flexible as hell.

How I think it is:
The machinery to open a wormhole must be big as hell. So, only the flagships carries one. The small ships comes inside those flagships. After they reach our galaxy, they stationates the big ships in a nearby planet and send the small UFOs we see/have reports nowdays.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That is groovy, I want one of those in my garden!

Level 27
It's absurd to assume that because humans have evolved like we have, all intelligent species must have evolved the exact same way.
Exact, no. Similar? Yes. There are certain conditions and implications that come with an extraterrestrial who reaches Earth.
Advanced alien races would do everything humans could possibly think about and more.
This.

Anything we can think of, anything we would do, any issue that we can see, they saw it too. Any civilization that reaches us will have thought of everything we would have thought of. When thinking about things like this, the easiest and most accurate way to come up with a situation is to ask, "How would we do it?"
The fact is that if there peaceful then why the need for powerful weapon sin the first place? The problem is you cannot have a space-farring alien species that does not have powerful weaponry, it doesn't make sense.
Sure you can, for the reason you just mentioned. What use could they have for such weapons? Why would they ever build a planetary destruction device? They would rather study a new world than destroy it.

It's the nature of an explorer. Don't mess with stuff. Just observe. We continue this habit in going to Mars. We want to study Mars, so we take effort to be sterile when we go there. We can't study it accurately if we spread our life to it.
All organic beings that get to that state to travel across the galaxies and such they know violence very well and they would not be afraid to use their knowledge against a threatening species (humans).
Yes, but if their technology is advanced enough, and we were stupid enough to attack, which we aren't, they could likely stop our attacks without harming us. Like an adult restraining a child. Dealing with us would be child's play if they were sufficiently advanced.
They cannot eat our food!!!!
No, but if they made the trip, they can eat their own food that they brought. Just like we would. Who says they eat?
They see a planet that's quite unique, with lots of water on it, and lots of living beings. They would probably be interested in colonizing this planet.
If they have the advanced technology for interstellar travel, the technology to destroy us without flinching, then they will not have a resource problem. They will have acquired the technology and methods to live sustainably. If they have the technology to reach us, but they don't have the technology to even live, then we will definitely be able to put up a fight against them.

Who says they need resources? Who says they reproduce?
Now, I don't see why they wouldn't consider us too primitive to be given a chance to talk to them.
Sympathy. We wouldn't do that to them. You can't create the civilization needed to make such technology without sympathetic community.

When we explore, do we step on ants? Or do we study them?
When settlers took over America, they killed lots of the natives.
We sure don't make that mistake anymore. Possibly because:
Then the settlers realised the locals were human beings too,
We are past racism. We wont make that mistake if we were to meet aliens.
And that could happen anytime, since we don't know anything about them
If they exist, and if they reach us, then we know at least one thing about them. We know they developed interstellar travel.
I think of it like ants. Some people just squish/kill/burn them because they think it is fun/whatever nasty problems you have may go here cause i know there' lots more/and because there are plenty of them
Yes. Children do this. If a mere child were capable of planetary devastation, that is, if the civilization were evolved eons beyond us, then the parents would be capable of far more, and they would pretty much assure our safety, because they would realize the difference between us and ants:
no one will miss an ant.
This is not true of our species, and aliens would know this.
All living beings have DNA, it's the genetic make-up that makes what the being is in the first place.
And while I think life on other planets will probably be carbon based as we are, there is another possibility that transcends natural organisms. Given their advancement, they undoubtedly have complex computers and robotic technology. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. They cannot run out of control.

Unless, of course, they are programmed to run out of control. There are two possibilities here. Either they were programmed to go out of control, but be benevolent, or they were programmed for destruction purposes, by someone who hated their species. In the former case, we don't need to worry. The machines are benevolent. It is the latter case that is worrisome.

Of course there is the possibility of cyborg aliens, but the aliens bodies being advanced doesn't change their nature. They will still have whatever conditions are possible for an interstellar species.

Level 15
There probably will be some likely things in common: A. They will most likely have creatures that photosynthesize in some way
B. They will most likely reproduce, because binary fission does not allow organisms to evolve fast enough for intelligent life to appear in any reasonable timeframe (aka. 13.7 Billion years)
C. They will probably eat or respirate in some way, no organism can be 100% sustainable for any length of time, outside of complete stasis (spores do that), but even then they will still decay after a long enough period.

Level 2
Hakeem said:
And while I think life on other planets will probably be carbon based as we are, there is another possibility that transcends natural organisms. Given their advancement, they undoubtedly have complex computers and robotic technology. Computers can only do what they are programmed to. They cannot run out of control.
That reminds of a theory I red about aliens a few years ago : They are here, but they're hiding. Hiding from what, you ask ?

Well, if they can send robots through the galaxy, they might as well do robots that can reproduce themselves (read : make a copy of themselves) so that they can explore further. However, there might be errors during the building process, ending up in robots that actually take resources from other robots or buildings in order to reproduce themselves. We end up with a kind of predator robot here.
Now imagine those robots were originally programmed to find other "intelligent" races that would emit radio waves or whatever, and go explore the areas where those signals come from. They could find us, as they could find any alien race that use wireless connections. However, if they evolve (yes, evolve) into predator robots, they might just destroy the areas they were supposed to explore. Hence why the aliens would be as silent as we know.

Hostile aliens are possible =S

Level 10
Yes, but if their technology is advanced enough, and we were stupid enough to attack, which we aren't, they could likely stop our attacks without harming us. Like an adult restraining a child. Dealing with us would be child's play if they were sufficiently advanced.

The thing is we are stupid enough to attack them and I gurantee you that them even coming to this planet would trigger mass panic and in some cases major uprising. None of these are good things fro trying to impress an alien force.

Second off:
Sure you can, for the reason you just mentioned. What use could they have for such weapons? Why would they ever build a planetary destruction device? They would rather study a new world than destroy it.

It's the nature of an explorer. Don't mess with stuff. Just observe. We continue this habit in going to Mars. We want to study Mars, so we take effort to be sterile when we go there. We can't study it accurately if we spread our life to it.

If they are that advanced to come ot our planet for the sake of exploring with their technology they must have the means to infist heavy damage if they wanted to.

Level 15
Ok, in the story: Forerunners are a race that existed 100,000 years ago, they were extremely advanced, but while scouting the outer planets of the Galaxy, they found the Flood, and warred with them for 300 years, and with no choice left activated the array of Halo rings, killing all sentient life within 2 radii of the galaxy, one of the main things they did in the galaxy was to monitor every world, and protect them.

Humans were spared by a Forerunner who built a portal in Africa and sent them to the Ark, which is a large station 262,144 lightyears outside the galaxy built to save species from the Flood, then sent them back to Earth a couple 100 years after the Halo Array fired.

Basically in the game they are in the background, and all the things inside the game have a root cause in them, and they're mistakes.

And yes I realize, Noah and the Ark, Noah built the Ark to escape the flood and put on it pairs of all animals.

Level 2
Halo is awesome!
It would be awesome if covenants came to earth.. or maybe not but in the games human weapons are almost as good as aliens :D

Level 15
Actually, in the storyline, Human small arms do almost nothing to the Covenants Shields. And Chiefy's non-shielded armor is supposed to be practically immune to anything below a BR.

The MAC Cannon's tho, thosee can kill the shields.

Also, it turns out after the shield generator is destroyed, the shields stay up for another 10 seconds or so, the practical application being if you put a nuclear bomb of about a megaton in a Covenant Ship, it blows it up, but contains the blast within the shield, in they're words: "It'll also turn that ship into the biggest fragmentation grenade in history,"

Also, in Halo, a nuke capable of a megaton is the size of a football

Level 34
Note: This is not a Halo thread.

Those who'll visit us, will mostly have superior technology than us (until we have gained enough technology to properly work in space). Hell, maybe they are already here, observing us from cloaked/hidden structures throughout the planet.

Level 27
The thing is we are stupid enough to attack them
You know this. I know this. Therefore neither you or I would do this, because we know this.

Now show me the person who does not know this, so that your point it valid.
I gurantee you that them even coming to this planet would trigger mass panic and in some cases major uprising.
Only if they started attacking. Even in the fictional movies about aliens coming, people don't go nuts and attack them. They stand in awe.

...At least until they start attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.