• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Second Beta Phase – Patch 16 (v0.19.0.15976)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Oh look, Dustin Browder is there, screenshot 1, row 6, pic 2

similarity.png

:DD

Level 27
Interesting news. According to a player who posted in the Battle.Net forums, the same intense lag and problems logging in are affecting the World of Warcraft Europe servers. Can anyone confirm this?

Well don't know if there's any connection, but I actually noticed that after the SC2 beta started, Warcraft 3 Northrend server's quality decreased too...

Interesting news. According to a player who posted in the Battle.Net forums, the same intense lag and problems logging in are affecting the World of Warcraft Europe servers. Can anyone confirm this?
Quite normal. See, the login database is shared. Battle.net accounts might not be able to connect while connected on another game. (Like, being online in wow, and trying to login in Sc2)

Level 20
I just thought, I know in this day and age it's extremely unlikely but if there was someone who bought sc2 and didn't have access to an internet connection, would they be unable to use the editor?

Or would it have something built it to only check for authorisation if they've used/logged into BNet 2.0?

Level 11
If someone had absolutely no way to connect to the internet ever, why would they want to make maps?

Anyways, they could say, walk into an internet cafe and activate it, then walk out. Or steal internet from a neighbor or something for a couple minutes, I dunno.

If someone had absolutely no way to connect to the internet ever, why would they want to make maps?

Anyways, they could say, walk into an internet cafe and activate it, then walk out. Or steal internet from a neighbor or something for a couple minutes, I dunno.

I did it in wc2 and sc1 times. Also in early wc3 times (before I got 56k internet). Why? Wanted to make campaigns and test maps to share with friends.

Level 11
I did it in wc2 and sc1 times. Also in early wc3 times (before I got 56k internet). Why? Wanted to make campaigns and test maps to share with friends.
Could argue that in WC2 and SC1 times the internet was not available to everyone, but meh.

In any case, if someone was sharing maps with friends, would suggest their computer was portable enough to bring over to a friends house for LAN (since they have no way to access email or the internet in any way whatsoever ever), so they could just as well bring their computer over to the nearest WiFi hotspot. But whatever.

edit: also since there is no LAN you can't share maps with friends anyways, so I guess you could argue that some person with no internet wanted to make maps for personal entertainment, but I mean, I really don't think there are that many people like that out there anyways...

Level 20
It just occured to me because just a year or two back we had problem's at my dads with the phoneline, it meant no internet or house phone for a year or so D=

They could have fixed it sooner, but I guess they didn't want to - so I was assuming some people are the same and don't care about the internet that much - BUT I still played and made single player wc3 maps during those many months, this was before I even considered signing up for BNet.

Level 7
In the portraits, is row 10, frouth one over.. A Protess\Zerg? Seeing the pysionic energy.

Infested Terran is lolwut. At first it was good, then they made it suck, and now they are buffing it so that it is even better than before they originally nerfed it?

On a side note, the way Terran units load/unload from Medivacs now is pretty awesome.

Also, they added a bunch of new animations for some units. For example, Ghosts have a "spell" animation which is basically the ghost attacking with a lightsaber or some shit. I'm pretty sure marines got a new animation, but I don't have the editor open for me to check.

Another note: screenshots have a different naming format. Pretty sure its timestamped or something now.

I could have sworn I read ghosts would have a zealot-like blade.. I think it could have been in Sc: Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.