• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lurking around the Battle.Net forums, and I saw a post about the lag and drops.
They said something about Blizzard testing how the game runs on a shit server, or something. Pretty much, the guy said that Blizzard is running the servers on the lowest power or with hundreds of thousands of simulated games at once or something, to simulate how the server can handle large amounts of games. They don't want the server to implode when the game goes live.
I don't know if what this guy said is true, but it makes sense.

Also, about the friends thing, I saw a post by a Blizzard employee that said that since it's a beta, they're going to be enabling and disabling things at different times to get people to test out the other features. Blizzard is just testing the other ways of adding friends. The reason they disabled character friend adding (i assume) is because everyone was using it, and it's so easy to use. If they added the facebook thing but kept the character friend adding, no one would use the facebook way. It would make sense that they just want the other ways to be properly tested before the game releases.

Also, they REALLY need to put identifiers back. They were the best thing ever.

Level 4
Yea its out only problem is servers are failing now because of it.

Edit: btw i just read all posts here and let me clear up a few things:

3v3, 4v4, and Custom games are now disabled while they figure out how to fix their $*#$.

The servers are quitting at regular intervals in ladder.

Also they have a shitload of explaining ot do once they fix this since its been like a 3-day streak of shittiness

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Also they have a shitload of explaining ot do once they fix this since its been like a 3-day streak of shittiness

No they dont, as you signed the ToU to play the beta which means you are perfectly happy with the odd bug or problem and are perfectly fine with waiting for it to be fixed. Also its the weekend so they do not care as it is one of their few days off.

In the end you have not paid for the game and thus they have no legal obligations to provide something playable all the time. It is a beta for a reason, if you want perfect play then you should just wait till July when the problems in the beta will be fixed.

Level 10
No they dont, as you signed the ToU to play the beta which means you are perfectly happy with the odd bug or problem and are perfectly fine with waiting for it to be fixed. Also its the weekend so they do not care as it is one of their few days off.

In the end you have not paid for the game and thus they have no legal obligations to provide something playable all the time. It is a beta for a reason, if you want perfect play then you should just wait till July when the problems in the beta will be fixed.

I actually paid for the game (pre-order) to get the beta... so... I did

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Nope, you paid for the game and his is not the game, and thus you will get the game in a finished and working order.

The beta was a free bonous you got and like all free things, can not be garunteed to be as good as if it was paid for.

This is why pre ordering for a beta key is stupid, as the beta key is a bonus and you are actually buying the game. As you would buy the game anyway it is not so stupid but as far as you can care, this is a free glimpse at the game you brought. You can only complain about down times and stuff once the game is released, as then you are not getting what you paid for and everyone here will support you.

But complaining about problems with a beta makes you look rather..... Honestly if you read the definition of a beta, this falls perfectly into it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I suspect better results tomorrow with servers comming online again.

This is why one should never publish comercial software patches on friday. It is far better to wait till monday and then debug it over the rest of the weak than have 2 days of chaos due to everyones at home.

Level 3
Someone knows when they patch the next time to remove their bugs ?? ^^
Blizzard is the first one i know who patches bugs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.