• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 17 (version 0.20.0.16036)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Blizzard has released yet another patch for the beta of their up comming game Starcraft II - Wings of Liberty. A number of bugs have been fixed as well as some additional ballence changes. The patch is available world wide, so remember to update as soon as possible.

Bug Fixes
•Many of the following bug fixes were intended for internal testing only, and are now being reverted.
•250mm Strike Cannons can no longer deal damage to hidden targets.
•Barracks build time decreased from 65 to 60 seconds.
•Bunker build time decreased from 40 to 30 seconds.
•Canceling morphing Banelings now returns 75% of the cost like other morphing Zerg units.
•Hellion range reverted from 6 to 5.
•Reaper build time decreased from 45 to 40 seconds.
•Zealot build time decreased from 38 to 33 seconds.​

Last edited:
Level 1
Patch installed, not working...

I just installed the patch, and now I get that error message, "You are trying to login using a client version not recognized by the Battle.net service."

...wtf?!?!?

anyone else getting this?

Level 11
Hurray a new patch.... boo it isn't a server patchup lol. Seriously I had to log in 5 times on it before actually playing a match. First time got stuck on Map Initialization, second time it wouldn't log in, third time it would select my username fourth time nothing showed up after logging in and fifth time is the charm.... hope they fix it. No it isn't my pc the problem it's more than enough to run SC2 at maximum.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have no clue what you are on about.

EU server is up and working perfectly. There are no problems getting games going on EU and everything seems fine normal play wise. The only problem with the EU is the map publication servers are down so there is only chess and normal games to play (no custom maps).

Level 11
What I'm talking about is that the server was down for like 20 minutes because of the Battle.net facelift and probably because the game is out NOW!
Today is July 15th.

The game is out on July 27th.

Somehow, don't think that the game is out now. Alternatively, the server was down because its a beta and because the server has gone down dozens of times before during the beta.

Level 40
Hmm, better rushes for Terran and Protoss

Hellions are melee units anyways, the range just gives how far it penetrates :p
You didn't read the patch notes, did you?

That's good for Mac users. In the list of unmentioned changes, you might also want to refer to the Nitro Packs' cost being reverted back to 100min+100gas.
No it isn't. Not that it matters because Nitro Packs sucks.

Level 40
Nitro packs are very important against Zerg players when you reaper-rush. Zerglings are faster than non-Nitro Pack'd reapers, I think? Besides, it just helps in general.

But who am I to talk? I'm just a Silver League player.
Maybe in silver league. Against experienced players, reapers don't work after a few minutes into the game, and thus you don't ever have time to get Nitro Packs. Usually you send in one or two reapers (as soon as each one is finished, it goes in) and the harass is over.

Not to mention that reaper harass isn't that great against Zerg in general.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In the time it takes you to get 4 reapers, zerg players should already be constructing roaches / have wing upgrade.

I believe reapers are underestimated slightly. They have pretty crazy building damage, much higher than most infantry DPS against buildings (atleast I think) and thus should be focusing on buildings during attacks rather than on other units. Especially if an enemy decides to attack with everything he has against you, you could use a few of them to damage his base while the rest of your troops are fighting, however will the reapers then mean you are unable to kill his army cause they might have been better spent on combat units.

Level 49
You should be able to.

Debode, if your opponent lets you get into such a situation then they suck. 4 reapers take forever and a day to build.

Yes, they do suck, and I suck too, but I'm talking about, well, for one there is Zergling rush, which is easily counter-able with reapers before he upgrades wings. And then again I'm talking about getting a reaper or two, harass with them and keep making reapers pretty much until he gets roaches, winged zerglings, a queen(or 2 :S), hydralisks, mutas, or whatever the hell he can do to counter reapers.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For those who didn't know (thanks to mare for the link):

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Beta Test Draws to a Close

We would like to thank everyone who has participated in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test. You've done an admirable job of testing, and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback you provided during this critical phase of development. It's been a lot of fun; however, all good things must come to an end.

In preparation for the launch of the game on Tuesday, July 27, the beta servers will be brought offline by Monday, July 19. At that time, all beta accounts and character information will be reset and the ability to create forum posts and comments on the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty website will be unavailable until launch. In the meantime, we still encourage everyone to stay tuned to the website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming release.

Thank you again for your participation, and we'll see you soon on Battle.net!
As of tomorrow, the Starcraft II Beta servers will be offline.
» source

Level 22
Blizzard has released yet another patch for the beta of their up comming game Starcraft II - Wings of Liberty. A number of bugs have been fixed as well as some additional ballence changes. The patch is available world wide, so remember to update as soon as possible.

Bug Fixes
•Many of the following bug fixes were intended for internal testing only, and are now being reverted.
•250mm Strike Cannons can no longer deal damage to hidden targets.
•Barracks build time decreased from 65 to 60 seconds.
•Bunker build time decreased from 40 to 30 seconds.
•Canceling morphing Banelings now returns 75% of the cost like other morphing Zerg units.
•Hellion range reverted from 6 to 5.
•Reaper build time decreased from 45 to 40 seconds.
•Zealot build time decreased from 38 to 33 seconds.​

Hmm not sure if I will play beta this time, call it a break or idc since retail is coming so soon but nice terran gets more power :D

And then I read this:

For those who didn't know (thanks to mare for the link):

As of tomorrow, the Starcraft II Beta servers will be offline.
» source

So I missed the 1st week, I thought it was gonna be 3 weeks. Heheh Idc but didnt know it was gonna be just 1 week. Poor guys who hoped to play beta in final phase and didnt before. Tc tc Im never at home for zotac but since my Holiday just starts, I wont feel bad as im not missin more :p

I only registered my name and beta is over > < Dont worry I will be using the same name for retail. Glad I didnt start ladder cause pointless for 1 week.

Level 11
Cannons were not nerfed. They fixed a bug with them that was unintentional. Also, enjoy feedback much?

Build times were not actually decreased - they were like that before Patch 16, but they screwed it up in Patch 16 and unintentionally changed a bunch of build times, so it was reverted.

The only real balance change there is the Hellion range nerf. Not a big deal though imo.

Level 22
Im not complaining... that only proves my 'so?' I dont see terran being nerfed here just buffed.

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 18 (version 0.21.0.16094)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 18 (version 0.21.0.16094)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General

The Mac StarCraft II Editor is now available!

Bug Fixes

Burrowed Ultralisks now have the correct 500 hit points while burrowed.
Fixed an issue where custom maps utilizing custom loading screens could cause players to lag or be dropped from Battle.net.
Fixed an issue during replays when rewinding could cause the replay to desync.
Fixed an issue with in-game menus causing performance issues.

Just making note of the new patch, I should play since it's the last day.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What is certain is there will be a patch from release for the game with last minute fixes. It is clear cause people already have the digital download version downloaded which can not possibly have any bug fixes for bugs present near the end of phase 2. What is good is that they have a full week to ready this initial patch so the version we get on release should be better than the beta in every way.

Level 22
Sorry, read this in GosuGamers as well, where do you dl digital? I'm not gonna do it until I know I have to use digital version. This reminds me of when beta was downloaded illegally. So, the same? You can browse mpq, install the game just like it was with betaless beta lol phrase

Status
Not open for further replies.