• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Blizzard is once again blessing us wth a new patch for the beta of their upcomming game StarCraft II - Wings of Liberty.

Not only does this patch attempt to fix ballence problems with the melee, but it also adds a whole host of new features to the game.

By far the most major of them must be. . .
Zarhym (Blizzard Poster) said:
•Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
Which means that the custom map support should be closer to that expected of the final game.

General

•Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.

•Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.

•3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.

•Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:

•Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.

•Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.

•No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.

•Matchmaking system logic updated.

•UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.

•Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

•PROTOSS

•Sentry

•Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

•Void Ray

•Range decreased from 7 to 6.

•Warp Gate

•Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

•TERRAN

•Marine

•Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

•Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

•ZERG

•Infestor

•Infested Terran spell removed.

•Frenzy spell added:

•Costs 25 energy.

•Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

•Overseer

•Contaminate spell added:

•Costs 75 energy.

•Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

•Infested Terran spell added:

•Costs 125 energy.

•Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

•Ultralisk

•Life decreased from 600 to 450.

•Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).

•Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):

•Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.

•Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface

•Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.

•Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.

•Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.

•Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.

•Added in-game blocking and player muting.

EDIT 2: - The patch is now out in all regions, remember to update!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account

wtf..

3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.

dont care

Balance Changes

Yes :) MOAR Terran buff and Protoss nerf... The Void Ray range was ridiculous so this is nice. I lost some games exactly due their damn range. Also GG force field, just wonderful. Interesting Zerg changes, cant say what they are like.

Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.

Copper removed is nice, now Silver is as shitty as Bronze. Now my bronze becomes the worst... nice... not! They had to automatically move all Bronze to Silver all copper to Bronze oO They should've just called 'Diamond' to be 'Pro League' duh. Diamond doesnt fit with metals.

Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.

??

Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.

No more Name.Name just Name? That's sweet now they just need to make all installable in installation folder not this shitty way scattered in 3 places.

Does this mean reset coming too?

Level 9
4 v 4 is going to be the best thing EVERRRRR. Getting all mah friends on at the same time will be the hardest part.

Also screw map publishing. Until Blizzard adds a way to trigger without using a crappy GUI, I am not going to make maps. It's not worth the pain. I really wanted to hit something when I tried it. Here's how it went:

1) Set variable action selected (had to find it first)
2) Variable selected
3) Must find Arithmetic!
4) Find variable AGAIN.
5) Add one (default, happily!)

I cried when I had to find arithmetic.

:(

Sorry for whining, I had to get that out. Moonlite/Andromeda/phynGal need to get out faster.

Also, ultralisks still suck. This is sad.

Level 22
Update: SC2 is going down soon. The announcement is up when you start SC2. Within an hour or two, I would expect servers to be down.

So far whenever I get this message especially on Friday evening, the updates happen on Saturday morning EU time, I'm not sure if this is the case and if patches happen at the same time for all servers.

I wonder if ladder reset now or on May 31st

Level 24
Blizzard is once again blessing us wth a new patch for the beta of their upcomming game StarCraft II - Wings of Liberty.

Not only does this patch attempt to fix ballence problems with the melee, but it also adds a whole host of new features to the game.

By far the most major of them must be. . .

Which means that the custom map support should be closer to that expected of the final game.

General

•Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.

•3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.

•Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:

•Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.

•Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.

•No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.

•Matchmaking system logic updated.

•UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.

•Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

•PROTOSS

•Sentry

•Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

•Void Ray

•Range decreased from 7 to 6.

•Warp Gate

•Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

•TERRAN

•Marine

•Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

•Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

•ZERG

•Infestor

•Infested Terran spell removed.

•Frenzy spell added:

•Costs 25 energy.

•Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

•Overseer

•Contaminate spell added:

•Costs 75 energy.

•Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

•Infested Terran spell added:

•Costs 125 energy.

•Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

•Ultralisk

•Life decreased from 600 to 450.

•Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).

•Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):

•Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.

•Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface

•Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.

•Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.

•Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.

•Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.

•Added in-game blocking and player muting.

We will attempt to keep you upto date as the patch starts going live.

Oh great !

Another 1000 hours of updating :con:

Oh well, glad Blizzard is throwing us some teasers before the final product.

Level 15
They fucked with the Friend system, you now need to know someones Email, Facebook, or meet them in a game to add them.

No more just typing in a name and adding, wtf Blizzard, wtf....

Also, by doing Email or Facebook, your real name is displayed, wonderful feature, isn't it? ಠ_ಠ

Level 48
Blizzard REALLY messed up in this patch.

Battle.net keeps disconnecting every few minutes, this new friends system, Solo Beta Crusher needs 5 wins as each race(WTF? WTF WTF WTF? Why did I get 25 wins last time, to feel "Achieved", like I have something no one else has, and now EVERYONE runs around with a ****ing Spectre portrait?), the news about "Seasons", your rank and league are reset every once in a while(in the real game. WTF?), no more new achievements\decals, Terran decals STILL don't display if you're playing with the lowest settings...

**** you Blizzard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
I know debode. Me and lots of people were actually reporting it in patch 12 about drops. obviously they didnt fix it. It's actually having even more Dropped threads. Before reset I was disced 7 times in ladder but I was good enough to quickly go rank myself 4th. Facebook, some silly name 'Diamond' that has nothing to do with the other METAL leagues..

Here is the wrath of beta testers:
http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=25352531&sid=5010

HOW TO add account to your friendlisy

You may notice where you add friend it explains how to add an account to your friendlist. You have to be in a game or lobby where you can right-click the account you want to add. That's how you add someone by account, not real ID. But you cant add it by just typing in a field..

Level 22
Do you know what's most funny? That now rankings are bigger parody even than before. Some from copper before now become diamond, many even with skill get dropped in the placement being placed lower. lol!

Oh and for maps, I see some maps in SC2 to join, some "Zerg survival' in Europe. Whell im gonna test them until they fix the disconnections. I havent played my placements yet and may be for the better. It's 16 players wow didnt know they will have so many players.

EDIT: I didnt start the Ladder yet, I made my 1st cutom game and Dropped LOL! Good think I didnt start with ladder yet.

Level 22
How rly do I add someone on a tournament to chat with him about game if I cant add him by account name, have to give/ask email? Facebook ftw!

_facebook-icon.png

Level 9
No Slayer, you CANT test Patch 13 if you cant play it... This 'it is just beta' should really stop being abused so much...[/URL]

lol, actully they made the beta so that bugs like this appear NOW and not after the realese.
Actully its a gift to su that we can play sc2 before its realese. Sure somehow its also helpfull for blizzard, but we dont really have rights on sc2 after we did not buy it.

I think they will fix it soon enough. Instead of being angry that there was a bug, be happy that it probably wont accur after realese:wink:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For those who haven't logged on, Blizzard is actively investigating the issues going on with the system. This notice is given by the «Breaking News» board at the left side of the login board, which appears after the game finishes the loading process (right when you launch the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.