• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Patch 14 (0.16.0.15580)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Starcraft II patch has been released. For more information, click the "Show" button:

Patch Notes

Balance Changes

• PROTOSS
    • Archon
      • Build time decreased from 17 to 12.
  • TERRAN
    • Viking
      • Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.
  • ZERG
    • Corruptor
      • Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.
    • Infestor
      • Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.
      • Peristalsis upgrade removed.
    • Overlord/Overseer
      • Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.
    • Overseer
      • Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.
    • Roach
      • Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
      • Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.
    • Ultralisk
      • Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
      • Health increased from 450 to 500.
      • Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.
Bug Fixes

• Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
  • Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.

Situation Report
Blizzard Entertainment - Xordiah said:
StarCraft II Situation Report: Patch 14

We would like to thank everyone for taking part in the StarCraft II beta. Your contributions to the beta process have been enormous. Each game and every player who has been actively participating has made an impact on the ongoing balance of the game and every game played has brought to light any possible strengths and weaknesses of the various units and races.

While we are getting to the end of this phase of the beta, we still need your participation and feedback for our latest balance changes in patch 14. As we have in previous reports, we have taken the time to explain a bit more about the changes that have been made and our thoughts on them.

Viking - Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.
The Viking’s damage has been reduced to make them a little less effective on the ground. Massed Vikings were a little too powerful in a few late game scenarios. Vikings have also become very dominant in terran vs. terran matches and we are testing to see if a small damage reduction will make some other units more viable.

Archon - Build time decreased from 17 to 12.
Archons can now merge a little faster so “mid battle merges” will be a little bit more practical.

Ultralisk - Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed. - Health increased from 450 to 500.- Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.
Ultralisks have been buffed to include their speed upgrade as by default and to give them a little more endurance in big fights. This may or may not be enough to get the Ultralisk ultimately where we want him to be. We will continue testing going forward.

Infestor- Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.- Peristalsis upgrade removed.

Roach - Organic Carapace upgrade removed.- Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.
There are many different upgrades on the zerg, the Roach and the Infestor both had three upgrades. We are reducing and combining these upgrades so the units get a little bit more powerful or so that you have to buy fewer upgrades to complete your units. We have also reduced the cost of several energy abilities on the Zerg that didn’t see a lot of use. We will continue to monitor these abilities moving forward.
Official Report, @ Battle.net

Also, Blizzard decided to put up the new terms of use.
New Terms of Use

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not entirly true, the thors are very good against mutalisks and thats about it next to minor anti air splash.

As for the vikings, well one can see some logic behind the change as now they are not very good at taking out ground structures compared to before so it counts as a major buff for ground units fighting them. However this could weakon them badly against zerg and protoss, and like purple poot said, they are already not very good in those situations.

Wish they would hurry and restore their servers. Patch is out in europe but servers are still down.

Level 26
As for the vikings, well one can see some logic behind the change as now they are not very good at taking out ground structures compared to before so it counts as a major buff for ground units fighting them. .

Blah. Only use assault mode to take out turrets. Me wants change to transform time. Is depressing when marines can beat the stuffing out of transforming vikings.

Level 22
Vikings don't need a nerf since they aren't that great outside of TvT. Terran just needs an effective ground to air unit (the Thor isn't).

At least this nerf is no big deal, I didn't understand the purpose too. T vs T was mass vikings on some occasions but they get raped by thors anyway. I mean, if someone makes too many vikings, I had a match where I lost 6 vikings to 1 thor in ground battle..

Minimap problem - unfixed... This last week of beta for me is like no beta. I don't play until they are fixed.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is not the only. You are forgetting marines and I think ghosts as well.
It is the only mechanical AA though. As for its AA power, it seems only good against mutalisks from personal experience in custom maps with unit spammage and unmodified stats.

Acording to the help menu, many air units are weak to marines so I suspect blizzard is wanting us to use them to counter some forms of air?

Level 12
there was an unmentioned update i dont know if anyone noticed yet but mouse position is now available in all perspectives including clicks in the sky this might have been done in patch 13 im not shure but its awesome for FPS now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They have broken the game varients system on their servers for publishing a map. Where as before it would display the 2 strings to allow for multiple game varients, it now only says "Other" for all of them. Old maps still have the correct game varients display but for newer maps it can cause a lot of confusion especially for maps with many game varients like my Zerg Invastion Alternative where I did so just to see how it works.

Level 15
It is not the only. You are forgetting marines and I think ghosts as well.
It is the only mechanical AA though. As for its AA power, it seems only good against mutalisks from personal experience in custom maps with unit spammage and unmodified stats.

Acording to the help menu, many air units are weak to marines so I suspect blizzard is wanting us to use them to counter some forms of air?

I was talking Mech T, not Bio.

Level 19
I hope they give us single player before the beta goes down.

Also, I agree to that the void ray needs a nerf. I would say damage nerf, as marines can easily down them with decent numbers, nerfing their health/shields would probably just make them unusable, but that is my opinion, and I'm no pro gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.