• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II - Patch 1.3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Today Blizzard Entertainments has blessed StarCraft II players with yet another patch. Although no balance changes were made, there are still a number of interesting changes.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.3.5
General
  • Players from Europe and Russia will soon be able to play games together, add each other to their in-game friends list, and compete on the same ladder. For more information on region linking, please visit the official community site.
  • Several performance and memory improvements have been made.
  • "Player Left" messages will once again appear in replays.
  • The Hellion’s Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade icon has been updated (now with more blue flames!).
StarCraft II Editor Improvements
  • UI errors will now go into a newly-created Error Display Message window.
  • Cooldowns shorter than ¼ of a second no longer display on the command card.
Among the note worthy is the region merger. People can look forward to more people to play with as well as more competitive top tier ladder. Blizzard might also do similar mergers on other regions (North and Latin America for example).

Additionally, we are promised that there have been several performance and memory improvements which are especially welcome for players with poor performing systems. The exact extent of these optimizations is not known and may go unnoticed by some with higher end systems but any performance gain is worthwhile in my eyes.

On a lesser note, Terran players using the Hellion unit should be aware of the art change for the "Infernal Pre-igniter" upgrade. Instead of red flames it now shows blue flames to match the visual effect the upgrade had on hellions.

Last edited:
Level 22
Oh yeah nice performance fixes. After this patch on some custom melee and even non melee maps, people get Desync and leave the game from time to time.

Also when I click between menus/ladder/custom maps I get some delay on the switching b-n the bnet tabs, which didn't happen before.

And as mentioned by me Hellion Infernal Pre Igniter icon was never blue fire to say 'more blue flames', now it is (more like frost)

Rus already lots of them on EU so ... and I find being stuck in german all the time speaking in german just as annoying, so Russians aren't some cursed guys who everyone should hate. And even though I can speak both Germand and Russian, I feel like using Englischский only and not any other languages there...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
and leave the game from time to time
I am afraid that was happening before the patch... I believe that people just randomly leave for no reason.

Also when I click between menus/ladder/custom maps I get some delay on the switching b-n the bnet tabs, which didn't happen before.
Can be due to their servers being loaded patching everyone. Infact, the splits might be related to that. Wait 1-2 days for everything to settle and see.

Rus already lots of them on EU so ... and I find being stuck in german all the time speaking in german just as annoying, so Russians aren't some cursed guys who everyone should hate. And even though I can speak both Germand and Russian, I feel like using Englischский only and not any other languages there...
People being other languages is seldom a problem. The main problem is people just being stupid or mute (join games, never say a word and then leave randomly).

Level 22
There is Desync message that I get too, though. Others report the same which wasn't the case before this patch. It happens randomly and not every time you enter the map. A certain sign of me getting desync is if I see a player with a blank portrait and blank name in the gmae lobby that I cannot click on.

You
Tool_wood_hoe.png
, i had a thread ready ferr it.

Level 22
they should much rather merge europe and US. Don't really care about Russia, cannot even read their letters.

That would be impossible and strange for the ladders, as such thing has no logic to merge, while there has always been EU server and never a separate Rus server. I personally don't care as long as they don't bring some hax with them.

But I know what you mean, it makes sense to allow access to US servers, not merge. Maybe they will, one day.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The problem with EU and US players at once is increased latency. If you happen to get a server in the opposite place you are (eg, play on a US server from the EU) you will end up with about +100 ms latency. Although not super bad, it still makes a huge difference in responsiveness of some events. Also can interfear with your micro making competitive ladder harder (people will start to complin the "lag got me killed").

However, that does not mean the option for it should not exist. People should be able to join "forighen games". By this, I mean a possible dedicated section of chat and custom games that is sourced from a different server. Using this option should ofcouse display a warning about possible latencies and advise use only during offpeak times of your main server. From there you can interact with people in different servers, add them to your friends and play games. Ladder might still have to be restricted to only within 1 area. This way would keep average game latency down and still allow people the option to experience whats hip in other regions.

Ofcourse, the language system would need improvement to occomodate this. When playing a map you should be able to choose a specific localization from those available in the map. By default this is your main language (the version you own) but will always choose a language even if your main is not present. This change would not only kill the garbage path tooltips but also allow people to take advantage of multi language skills.

Why must I be restricted to only using ENUK tooltips when I can also understand almost all other ENG versions (cause they are basically the same language with minor accent specific candy) and even DEDE (German). Currently if I was to play a german localized map it would appear as total garbage (path names) which are usless where as I can atleast understand 60% of German tooltips if they were displayed (less garabge).

Level 14
Cooldowns shorter than ¼ of a second no longer display on the command card.
What then how are you gonna use 0 cooldown abilities like stimpack?

Level 16
Starcraft 2 said:
The previously announced StarCraft II region linking is now in effect with the start of Season 3, and is an amazing step forward in bringing players together from around the world. We welcome players from Latin America to the battlefield, and look forward to facing them on the ladders. A la guerra!

For more information on region linking please see the original announcement and FAQ.

So the new region linking is used now, and its not only russia and europe. Read more here

Status
Not open for further replies.