• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Patch 9 notes (The Galaxy Editor Patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Update: European clients will be able to download this patch tomorrow at 19:00 CET. (source)

http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 9 (0.11.0.15097)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General
  • The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
    • Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an upcoming beta patch.
  • Achievements & Decals are now live!
    • Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
    • Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in their Showcase.
    • Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal rewards.
  • The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a News & Community panel.
  • A new Match History page is now available which will allow players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
  • A new Community page is now available which features an in-game version of RSS news feeds.
  • A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on Battle.net through existing friends.
  • Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the Friends’ list.
  • Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
    • Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the StarCraft II beta forums.
  • The score screen now features a new graph tab.
  • The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
  • Hotkey templates have been added.
    • In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
  • Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the "Select All Warpgates" UI button:
    • The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
    • Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
    • Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
    • Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
    • Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
    • Burrow has been changed from W to R.
    • Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
    • Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.

Balance Changes
  • TERRAN
    • Marauder
      • Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.
  • PROTOSS
    • Immortal
      • Build time increased from 40 to 55.
  • ZERG
    • Infested Terran
      • Damage increased from 5 to 8.
      • Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
    • Queen
      • Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)
    • Spine Crawler
      • Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
    • Infestor
      • Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
      • Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.

Maps
  • We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
  • New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:
    • 1v1
      • Added (2)IncinerationZone
    • 2v2
      • Removed (4)LostTemple
      • Removed (4)Metalopolis
      • Added (4)AridWastes
      • Added (4)Coalition
      • Added (4)Decena
      • Added (4)ScorchedHaven
    • 1v1(Novice)
      • Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
    • 2v2(Novice)
      • Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
      • Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
      • Added (4)NoviceDecena
      • Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
      • Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Uh im trying to update but it keeps restarting itself. Can anyone help me out?

OH MY FUCKING GOD, sry for language but, 2 secs into hacked editor. OHHH MYY GOODD!! BLIZZARD HAS OUTDONE THEMSELVES

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can we stop the spam please, only post constructive items of news not updates as to how slow your internet connection is or how great your country is.

The patch is still not released yet in europe, if you are from Europe you will not be able to update to it just yet.

Level 12
Jizz. In. Ma pants.
On a constructive note, I'll be dedicated to THW and start writing some tutorials for using the editor.

Level 3
Has anyone else had the "infinite loop" problem where you download the patch then when it tries to apply it the updater keeps resetting or something? Happening to me and some others on the sc2 forums...

editor works though lol.

Level 19
Has anyone else had the "infinite loop" problem where you download the patch then when it tries to apply it the updater keeps resetting or something? Happening to me and some others on the sc2 forums...

editor works though lol.

<----

Level 22
Level 9
Officially best patch ever, after the one where they let us publish the maps.

Which sounds like next one. Eh, maybe not. "Upcoming".

Edit: Done dling, got the infite loop error mentioned, but you can still open the GE from your starcraft 2 folder.

Last edited:
Level 5
Finally downloaded the editor.

I like it. I really like it. I don't think I'll ever go back to the War 3 editor again.

The object editor is crazy and seems so much more powerful. And contrary to earlier reports, GUI is fully implemented. I like how they changed the conditions.

And what is with the CIRCLE regions? Why is there a 'circle' region in the first place? Oh, the joy of unraveling these puzzles. This is going to be a fantastic editor.

Level 5
Can you import models? MDX? is it true?

Of course you can. And I think you can preview them too as you are importing. Import window has a little preview sideview. With Warcraft 3, we'd have to restart the editor.

There are tons of little things in the editor that is going to cut down tons of 'busywork'. Like with the imports, how would I know what they are before I deleted them? I'd have to go find them in the object editor first or something. But here, a handy preview. We'll be able to make maps much faster now, at least I think so.

Level 9
Just terraining feels beautiful. The whole tiles-are-gone thing makes me feel free. I can blend terrain.

Oh god, the libraries feature is amazing, oh, just win.

GOOD JOB SC2! I will be BUYING YOU TH E INSTANT I CAN.

Level 22
Of course you can. And I think you can preview them too as you are importing. Import window has a little preview sideview. With Warcraft 3, we'd have to restart the editor.

Oh wow! That's so cool! But how does it happen with BLP textures, do you lose animations, what about particles from war3? I mean, if you import the war3 textures that make particles (not that I will), you can have animated, particled model from war3?

Level 9
Player(0) is neutral, and Player(1) is red, unlike WC3 JASS.

Good improvement there! Now I have to start my arrays from 1!

/sob

Libraries in trigger editor are in GUI! Interesting.

Data editor is very very well done and beautiful on the left side.. but complicated on the right. Just avoid looking at the right and it's WC3 object editor. :eek:

I believe we have text constants, such as version, able to be added globally. I opened the Text tab, which has a bunch of names which seem to be like variables, or paths, and they point to little chunks of text like the map loading text, player names, and such. However, I am unable to add my own...? I tseems to list all triggers and such as well.

Level 22
Those are wow models, not wc3

I know but that means we can really have war3 models. I thought one would have to develop an exporter for M3 and import an MDX into modeling program to then animate, texture it etc etc and export to M3, now they are saying the game reads MDX, no need converters or tools!

That is wicked sick! I only dont know if you get then animated, textured, if you lose animations, particles, etc. Well for my futuristic buildings importing the models in sc2 is more than enough.

Level 9
There is no version field, only a name field for your map.

I mean, really Blizzard? Don't you think it would be nice to have one field you could update once and have everything in the map change with it?

No?

This is the only thing that has bugged me about the editor so far. I would have thought they would improve upon it after WC3, but guess not.

I know but that means we can really have war3 models. I thought one would have to develop an exporter for M3 and import an MDX into modeling program to then animate, texture it etc etc and export to M3, now they are saying the game reads MDX, no need converters or tools!

That is wicked sick! I only dont know if you get then animated, textured, if you lose animations, particles, etc. Well for my futuristic buildings importing the models in sc2 is more than enough.

Source or it didn't happen.

Level 9
91586495.jpg

That speaks for itself.

SC2 custom spells are going to be WIN.

Level 5
Oh wow! That's so cool! But how does it happen with BLP textures, do you lose animations, what about particles from war3? I mean, if you import the war3 textures that make particles (not that I will), you can have animated, particled model from war3?

I thought you meant, "Can we import models with this beta editor?" and the answer was yes. Now that I am seeing you meant importing 'mdx' type models, the answer is no. The editor doesn't see any of the usual War 3 mdx models. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

More impressions: this editor feels like they incorporated all the stuff War 3 modding has added lately to War 3 editor. For example, in vanilla War 3 you couldn't easily making lighting. Think of a giant red glow. But, lo and behold, there it is and strangely has the same name as the omni red glow the War 3 custom maps use.

Terrain blending is sorta like giving a painter's tool. Say there is one terrain that is sand and another terrain that is concrete. You can blend the two into one with an almost infinite amount of degrees. Before, it was one or the other in War 3.

For regions, I see only two shapes: our old rectangle and the circle. What the circle is there for, I do not know.

You guys are going to like this editor. I already will not go back to War 3 editor anymore. The jump feels like going to Star Edit to World Edit in a way. The tools we have now are SO MUCH BETTER.

Pharoah, ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer. You were very helpful to me on the forums and I'd like to repay the favor in any way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.