• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II Second Beta Phase – Patch 16 (v0.19.0.15976)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to inform everyone that the new patch is up.
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Blizzard Entertainment[/COLOR] said:
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 16 (version 0.19.0.15976)

The latest patch notes can always be found at
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

General

* Rally points now behave as a move command, instead of an attack move command.
* Enabled the ability to manually add a StarCraft II character friend using the player's character code. Character code is a server-assigned numerical code that is displayed within the Add Friend panel.
* Battle.net Achievements & Rewards have been updated.
* All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
* All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
* Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode.
* Enabled cross-game social features between World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

Balance Changes

• ZERG
    • Infestor
      • Frenzy spell removed.
      • Infested Terran spell added.
    • Overseer
      • Infested Terran spell removed.
    • Ultralisk
      • Now immune to stuns and mind control.
This is not all people! We have a new UI for the launcher, AND perhaps a Single Player beta testing!

I'll make sure to update this thread to keep you informed!
Small Updates

Other Changes

• Other Changes
    • {MAJOR} New icons, models and portraits
    • {MAJOR} New Achievements and Achievement Icons
    • {MAJOR} Custom made achievements can be created.(?) - Requires feedback.
    • {MINOR} Login Screen
      • Create Account button
      • New Sounds
      • !Offline Play still disabled!

Developer Updates

• Galaxy Editor
    • WARNING - To use the editor, you must now log in on your account. (Requires Internet Connection)
    • New icons
    • New UI icons
  • Starcraft II
    • The game now moves custom resources properly on the UI.

Last edited:
Level 20
Current version is 0.19.0.15976, by the way.

EDIT:
http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 16 (version 0.19.0.15976)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General

Rally points now behave as a move command, instead of an attack move command.
Enabled the ability to manually add a StarCraft II character friend using the player's character code. Character code is a server-assigned numerical code that is displayed within the Add Friend panel.
Battle.net Achievements & Rewards have been updated.
All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode.
Enabled cross-game social features between World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.
Balance Changes

ZERG
Infestor
Frenzy spell removed.
Infested Terran spell added.
Overseer
Infested Terran spell removed.
Ultralisk
Now immune to stuns and mind control.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Since when did you people get the permissions to post news? I assume a moderator moved it here?

Anyway, I'm going to test those new AIs! It's a pity they didn't enable offline play.

EDIT: Battle.Net down for maintenance. Bleh. Or am I logging in with some incorrect account?

Level 22
You cant use the editor anymore (until BNet is up). Requires authentication through bnet
Old replays dont work as they told us they wont
There is a new bnet music/s
This is the new icon of the GE 1), Maps registered with GE 2), the new cursor 3) ( blizz colors so cursor is nice)

NEW terrains? Finally my Niflheim snow! 4) or not >_> I was waiting for it to make my city+snow combo!

new editor interface

There may be new trigger icons, will leave it to you to discover, GE wont let me and im too lazy to open mpq

Level 20
They also renamed two maps apparently. No actual new maps, as far as I know.

Also, :3
eb6dbc199ddbf5fde81dea0772d8456e.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Apparently it is once only, or so people are saying. You have to log in to authenticate your install. Obviously there will be bypasses but for most it should not be a problem.

They also have removed the extreem option from one of the graphics settings. Or maybe that options is only avaiable to DX10.1 / DX11 cards (mine is DX10) but its description is gone as well.

BUG - The suggested settings for individual graphic options are broken. My computer is overall suggested at ultra which is logical for a 275 GTX + I7 but for some reason the suggested levels of Shadows and Lighting are low and of post processing are medium. However as my computers is suggested at ultra all those are on ultra which is not what they are individually suggesting. This is a minor consistency error and I am prety sure I will het full frame rates like before the patch even with those low suggests on ultra.

Level 22
The measure is for beta and the full game and every time, I think. Otherwise, ppl will be able to use the beta even when it's over. Even when Blizz remove the patches, one will be able to use Beta patch 1 through the editor to play offline. The same goes if someone downloads the full game after release. Will be able to use it offline w/o a license if this measure isnt taken. There will be 'remember email and password'

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I suspect they will bring their servers online pretty soon. They probably have their servers configured to boost patch download rates due to the number of people patching and so once the majority of people are updated they should be bringing them back online. Additionally it could be to allow a better stress test as otherwise the fastest downloaders would get in an everyone else would be entering 1 by 1 instead of 1000s of people in a few minutes.

However as the patch is out it makes no sense to keep the servers offline so people can not test as they are running out of time as it is (20 days someone said above).

You cant use the editor anymore (until BNet is up). Requires authentication through bnet

If what DSG said about it being a one-time authentication thing, then I thing this is a very smart move.. If not, then it better be gone before the retail version is released.

There is a new bnet music/s

If they did as good a job with the startup music as they did before, this is great.

They also renamed two maps apparently. No actual new maps, as far as I know.

And the names before and after are?

Also, :3
eb6dbc199ddbf5fde81dea0772d8456e.jpg

Wow, those look incredible. I've been excited to see such portraits. I love how Raynor has a portrait with his marine gear and without it.

I see Nova. :>

I wish it said what unit each of those portraits corresponded to though...

Level 12
yeah, just saw that while i was datamining. Note the ne banshee pilot at row 5, column 1.

Also, some achievement icons i found, which happen to feature some of the units which will likely be available later on.
achievements5.jpg
achievements4.jpg

I SPOT A LURKER.

And a Crypt Fiend?

Level 19
Sry guys. im from NA. just a heads up, servers are F**ked. editor is F**ked aswell.. :(

lololo stuck at -1 placement matches remaining.

Also, I was trying to start a 2v2 Co-op vs AI with Griffen on my team, and the game actually started searching for players. lol

In the main page, look where it says how many players online and it will switch to games, Note that the number is a big fat 0

Ne1 how to play vs AI using editoor?

Edit : found out how, had to use real sc2 tho

Level 12
Ugh, for some reason, after I patched, when I try to run StarCraft II, I just get a movable cursor (blue now, btw) and a black screen. Nothing else happens.

Level 1
D'oh, i've just installed sc2 beta on my new pc, and then then the european server is down D: Great

Rui

Rui

Level 41
lololo stuck at -1 placement matches remaining.

Also, I was trying to start a 2v2 Co-op vs AI with Griffen on my team, and the game actually started searching for players. lol
Sry guys. im from NA. just a heads up, servers are F**ked. editor is F**ked aswell.. :(
[...]
If the servers are that screwed up, it is possible they won't open the Europe and Asian servers so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.