• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well, you dont know what GUI actions actually do. It needs at least some ( But yea, not much ) Jass knowledge to use FunctionList and check what, for example. GetLastCreatedUnit() does.

Lols, it even requires some Jass knowledge to know how to remove leaks. If you know only GUI, you cant really do a shit.

Level 16
I think also a big criteria for being a mod is to keep up to date . That means to get information from other sites (wc3c etc.). Another point would be the contact to other users (Which connection do you have to the users?, do they like you?).
And of course know vJass , not only what is a struct, library but also the mod should be familiar with oop technics in vJass etc. so that he can give high qualified comments on spells.
lg
schurke

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well from what i can see, all this talk is fading.

We must do actions, enuff with the GUI vs JASS mods, we should be doing what is best for the hive community not trying to say that JASS mods are better than GUI mods.

Also we should take response to Msaeed28 idea, about applying GUI mods and JASS mods, the JASS mods don't like to examin GUI spells, so this should fix the problem.

Sad to here you all argue about something that does not even have a result, meaning that you argue of JASS mods and ext.., but all i can see is 1 mod is new for Reviewing spells.

WE MUST TAKE ACTION !

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
We do not care about ur problem with GUI PurpleRoot, we just have our opinion.

And Palaslayer is one good GUI triggers, so he is fit to become a mod.

GUI mods or JASS Whatever, i don't really care, but i care to see a mod approving spells with the right reviews.

I allready sent a private message to RUI, telling him that the new mod is having some problems, i gave RUI proof, the new mod is saying that some spells are MUI, but they aren't and some are leakless but they aren't.

So what i can see is the new mod, is having trouble Reviewing GUI spells, i allready sent him also a PM trying to tell him that he reviewed wrong.

Enuff!

Level 16
why should he/she review them badly?? If he/she accepts to be a mod, he/she has to review GUI and Jass equivalent , otherwise the mod would fail his status... This argument you made is just not true, accept that people who only are familiar with GUI are not qualified for this position

Level 8
Luls, I just realized how funny this problem actually is. No Jasser wants to read any GUI, because it looks so terrible and is hard to read.

No GUIer can be a mod, because they dont really know what they are doing when clicking those GUI action thingies.

Im gonna post my favorite smiley now. Behold: :ned:

Well, at leats that new Jass mod guy seems to know what he is doing. He wrote a pretty neat tutorial and everything..

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
I accepted that people who are Familiar with GUI are not qualifiend for this position.

But the new mod is NOT familiar with GUI only JASS and he don't even make MUI JASS spells, so fail his status, i mean EPIC FAIL, reviewing GUI spells and not understanding if it is MUI or if it leaks.

So i mod who know JASS but not GUI is just EPIC Fail.

Accept this...

Level 17
Level 15
Well you should know him a little better...

Take a look at his Review and then take a look at the spell triggers...

Link : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/fire-charge-combo-22-aaron79-130025/?prev=r=20&page=2

Be sure that this is not only the wrong thing he does ... he made alot of BAD and Not true reviews in other spells ....

Right
I would have rewieved and rated this spell different
Sure, its a madder of taste that i dont really like this one and i wouldnt call those effect usage "quite nice"
But noone is perfect.. thought he should have seen that leak and that its not MUI ( isaw that mistake also just after taking a very close look at it)

Level 16
but to be honest, it doesn't show that hvo is a bad mod, only because didn't saw this, everyone can miss something, when there would be much more such mistakes, I would overthink if he fits into the mod role, but acutally I only see he tries to review the spells and it looks ok

Level 17
OK guys! This is not specific to all of you, but some of you are being plainly childish!

And let me throw in my ideas:
Rmx said:
I allready sent a private message to RUI, telling him that the new mod is having some problems, i gave RUI proof, the new mod is saying that some spells are MUI, but they aren't and some are leakless but they aren't.

So what i can see is the new mod, is having trouble Reviewing GUI spells, i allready sent him also a PM trying to tell him that he reviewed wrong.
Yeah ok there are slight things that buster might have not noticed. But the thing is that he's new to reviewing so give him a bit of time to get used to the whole thing.
I mean, I'm on of the GUI reviewers around here (I'm not showing off but proving a point), so when I saw buster's approval on Guishiu's which said his spell was leakless, I directly knew the review was wrong.
That doesn't mean Guishiu is a bad spell maker, but I know how Guishiu codes and I knew he'd forget that polar projections leak twice. I opened the map and found the leaks. So give him time till he gets used to what the casual GUI problems are.

Moreover, i think buster is in such a hurry to cleaning up the section, and I agree with him on that and I like the fact that he's taking action, but let's do full reviews of the spell instead of fast ones.

Here I got back to the team idea. I mean, hvo reviewed a spell as leakless and MUI, I found a mistake, I announced the mistake.

In teams that would be the case where if someone misses something, the other corrects. There's no doub hvo is a great spell-maker, but he's human being after all.

And here I skip to another topic, DID YOU ALL FORGET hvo-busterkomo is a human being of flesh and blood? Geez don't like sentence him to death because he "mis-reviewed" two or three spells during his first day in which he reviewed around 20 submissions one (or more) of which are spell-packs!

However (sorry for jumping around between topics), this is a slight proof that a GUI mod won't be wrong. Just let him be a mod who can judge on generals. Once things get tough in GUI, pass it to the real mods. People who work with GUI like to read GUI and they find it easy. People who prefer Jass/vJass - like myself - have difficulty reading GUI as they find it annoying.

Rmx said:
Stop taking things THAT seriously. Rmx you're typing as if you're a teacher screaming at a class - no offense.

And Palaslayer, although you get credit for opening the whole issue, stop acting the way you're acting! I think the mods know what they're doing when making decisions, and if in the end their decisions fail, they'll take alternative ones.

And all you people, instead of NAGGING here - as I said this is not directed to everyone - why don't you take action!?

I mean, check any GUI spell, you'd see my, Aspard's and baassee's full reviews somewhere around, Kingz how-to-improve after the reviews on GUI.
That's beside the Jass reviewers but the major problem here seems to GUI.

So, YOU PEOPLE take action, then demand that others do :)

PLEASE people, don't let this post be some "nanny" post where we have to spend our time solving this childishness! If you have anything beneficial to say, say it, if not... you know the whole drill ;)

Level 40
If you disagree with hvo's comments, feel free to PM me a few examples and I will look into them. However, the comment he posted in the one you linked was fine, so right now this is just spam. His other reviews also look reasonable. Note that we don't have time to do long code reviews right now, as there are a huge amount of spells to deal with, and the other option is just deleting them all (which I'm sure people would not appreciate).

Also, one or two examples are not enough, as we're in a bit of a hurry and people make mistakes.

--

I do not "have a problem" with GUI. GUI users do not adequately understand the back end of coding. End of story.

Level 40
I agree for most cases, but don't make it a general statement for all GUI'ers.
If they understand the back end, they understand Jass, in which case it is not an issue anyways.

As Griffen said,
If you know vJass, you know JASS. If you know JASS, you know GUI. If you just know GUI, you don't know GUI.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well Buster sorry about the argument and the madness, any problems i will just send u a PM and u solve what u done wrong.

For all of u the others .... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE !

I don't care about GUI vs JASS or any of this .. i just got mad why a mod is reviewing spells wrong..

But the Hive is on the run getting better ...

Level 26
Level 22
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/apps.php?p=pendingstats
Be proud of our spell section, we (they actually, the mods) have brought the pending count in 2 days 71 (!!!!) spells down!

deleting?! :S

well hvo-busterkomo is doing a great job, that's my opinion. Thought he can miss a small leak once or twice that's ok. But missing MUI'ness that's another thing!

I can agree that he is a human (reply if I'm wrong about that). Yes he missed MUI once, we'll all do misstakes, even mods do and you know what, most learn of their misstakes.

Also, don't make every MUI GUI spellmaker that have the skills to make almost anything in GUI to a mod. Cause sooner or later, we'll have a bunch of mods that are just sitting there with their rank and doing nothing cause there are no spells to review?!

Maybe they can review ppl that left hive long time ago's spells but what will be the difference? They can't change the spells anyway!

I'm on hvo-busterkomo's side in this discussion, thought got some love for my other GUI comrades so ...

EDIT:

IKE IEK IS THE SHIT LAWL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.