• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rally Map, Mod, Skin, Model, Spell, Tool, Jass Support!

How well does the HWS staff do checking submissions?

• Extremely well, could not get better!

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Good, just needs to be a little better.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Ok, could use a lot of help.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Terrible, needs major help.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey! You! Yes, you! I need your help! I'm sure this has happened to you also, a map, mod, spell, or something being ignored or unnoticed. Well, together we can rally support for anyone who needs it! All you have to do is post here and check out other posters for help. If we all band together to rally support for anything submitted, we can get it reviewed and out there! So if you are reading this, stop wasting time! Get out there and support the community!

Level 31
1) Organize your thread, separate it with paragraph.

2) The staff did an excellent job in checking resources, is just that we have inconsiderate user who do not even bother to adhere to the rules.

3) If you do not like your resources to be ignore for quite a duration, improve your description instead of whining at here like a sick baby (OOOH, kinda sarcastic remark eh? Well, that's QFT for you).

4) Do not double post, we have edit button. You just set a fine example of 1 of the inconsiderate user I mean.

Level 16
Okay killingusurper, firstly you need to understand that the map moderators don't have the energy to go through every single map and download, review & approve/reject it. I know that this tend to frustrate new users, so you need to find other ways around it.

1. You can start by asking other users to review your map instead. To this, your map has to stand out in the resource section (to attract other users), or make friends and ask them politely to review the map for you. I had a map uploaded last year, and I know that it would take sometime for the map mods to come reviewing it. I was fortunate to have someone whom I befriended on my very first day in Hive who not only reviewed it, but then recommended it to Rui for approval. Making friends help.

2. Also, you could scroll around to other people's maps and see on how theirs get uploaded earlier than yours. Usually there are volunteer reviewers ( I remember people like Septimus offering to review maps at around the time of me uploading my map, which gave me a second option) who could help you out if you just give them a pm. The outside world could be tough you know, sometimes you can't just sit around your bread stall and wait for customers to come to you, you must bring out your goods and peddle them to people you see.

Level 34
Why is everyone assuming he was blaming the moderators? The poll was a bad idea, but killingusurper is actually trying to help the staff out as far as I can tell. Unfrotunately this isn't the place to do it since there are already methods by which you can help with resources.

Level 3
Why is everyone assuming he was blaming the moderators? The poll was a bad idea

hes right, the poll was a bad idea. i just wanted to know what other people thought was all. i wasnt blaming the mods because haveing hundreds of submissions is sure to be hard. all i was trying to do is create something that would help popularize submissions and help get them checked out. thats all

Level 7
we might need more mods for spell section (or maybe they just need some time) as there are about 50 pages of pending spell, 20 pages of maps. I am not blaming the mods or anything, I know it's really hard to download and check that many map/spells.

Level 31
we might need more mods for spell section (or maybe they just need some time) as there are about 50 pages of pending spell, 20 pages of maps. I am not blaming the mods or anything, I know it's really hard to download and check that many map/spells.

Once it was rejected, it would cause enough shitstorm at SD.

At spells section, everything would be purge after the release of 1.24 patch. Read the news, you seems to be living on stone age :p

Level 9
The tools need some approval activity, otherwise it is inactive. Just would like some activity there, some tools are great there. Probably there is a lot to handle? It sounds tiring with consistent approval, so I guess a backup staff could be in place. Anyways, they are trying their best, but in my honesty some improvement could be made. I partially agree with you, however they do have a life, and they can't just moderate all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.