• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 - Boss Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
All I can say is that you have to learn about time management if you think 3 weeks wasn't enough time.

The problem isn't that you're more or less busy than other people, the problem is that you didn't consider how long your plans would take, before you started working on your map. Let your unfinished project be a lesson instead of an excuse.

But that's cute you decided to tell us about your owwies and music to illustrate how multifaceted, important and busy you are ;)

I'm gonna head back to my mom's basement now (3000 miles away)

Level 14
I browsed through the topic and thats what I found:

People who need few more days/1 week : GunSlinger21 , Me, HammerFist132, Xilinger , Tickles, Jazztastic, DSanhueza, DeathChef

People who already dropped out :GunSlinger21,LordEarthfire, HammerFist132(not)

I would like for the contest creators to consider this. Any other moral thoughts or spam is really not needed. YES/NO would do fine.

Level 37
What!? Someone needs actually more time for a simple boss fight? I finished my entry 10 days ago, it took one week to create a boss battle. Instead of lengthening the deadline, let's do another mini-contest.

If you really insist more time, then let's take few points away from your score to make it fair for those who have done their job in time.

Level 14
What!? Someone needs actually more time for a simple boss fight? I finished my entry 10 days ago, it took one week to create a boss battle. Instead of lengthening the deadline, let's do another mini-contest.

If you really insist more time, then let's take few points away from your score to make it fair for those who have done their job in time.

Note that its not 'someone' but almost everyone :wink: Its not like we work at the same speed as 10 conveyors would work.

Level 37
2 weeks is still too much. You just increased the competition by 2 weeks and the competition is 3 weeks long making it now 5 weeks long. That is way too much. Make it 1 week MOSTLY, that is enough time. I would suggest just few days more, if even that. If they can't finish, it's their fault for not starting with their entries when it was a good time.

Also, once again, this is a mini-contest.

EDIT: No need to concentrate on all that custom shit, just do a good boss battle and that's it. It doesn't require awesome icons or UI. Just make a boss battle. I don't see why those extra things would even give you much points. Later when the contest is over then you can focus on those additionally things if you want to go forward with your map.

When I saw the extension of the deadline, my eyes haven't seen no text, but this instead...
Top-10-Places-To-See-The-Sunrise.jpg

God bless you bowser499, God bless you!

Anyway, I finally started making bossfight. I am done with the characters and mostly with the terrain. I have also planned and written every phase, now only to make the phases, some texts, and KABOOM!!!

Level 14
So, what about the people that actually got this done on time? How fair is that? Why are extensions costantly made for a contest like this? I have almost finished my boss map and this is my second day working on it.

People and their imports...

I'v done my imports in just few hours. Sorry but I aim at high quality and joined few days ago too. Besides I gave a look at the areas of gameplay that the judges will be giving points for and concluded that I would not be happy with a human hero with the voice of a troll, throwing axes with sound of arrows at boss with the looks of an ogre wealding a pink sledgehammer in a terrain flat as a pancake within a modern-warfare map covered by a murloc interface. (just an example,whoa) If I can apropriately use an awesome model that someone put a lot of work to give to us and that would affect the quality of my work in the end, why wouldn't I?

People who did this on time can get more time to polish it perhaps. I see no bad sides here.

Level 37
Anyway, I finally started making bossfight.
If you just started making your boss fight YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO ASK FOR MORE TIME. You should have started your entry WEEKS AGO.

Sorry but I aim at high quality and joined few days ago too.
Same for you. YOU ARE LATE AND THAT DOESN'T GIVE THE RIGHT TO ASK MORE TIME. JOIN THE NEXT CONTEST.

I'm pissed of these new people who came here few days before the deadline asking for more time. IT IS NOT FAIR.

Just do another contest... I'll join.

Level 14
If you just started making your boss fight YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO ASK FOR MORE TIME. You should have started your entry WEEKS AGO.

Same for you. YOU ARE LATE AND THAT DOESN'T GIVE THE RIGHT TO ASK MORE TIME. JOIN THE NEXT CONTEST.

I'm pissed of these new people who came here few days before the deadline asking for more time. IT IS NOT FAIR.

Just do another contest... I'll join.

actually I can't seem to find your arguments apropriate. I ask for more time. If i don't get it I don't. I will survive it somehow, but I got it . You get it too you know. How about doing something with it.

You are a user of this site. I am a user of this site. We both have the right to ask and can both be declined. Don't tell me that I don't have that right because it's just wrong. And capslocking for something so minor is so not speaking well...

By the way you said it's not fair? How is it not fair if I and other people joined 5 days ago and you at the start of the contest? A little math would show that you would have a total of 5 weeks to make,improve and polish your creation while we will still have no more than 2-3.

As a hater of offtopic discussions I request that this blabering is stopped. We(everyone) already got the extra week to work. :wink:

You misunderstood me. I started making my entry couple of weeks ago, but until now I just collected imports, making systems, characters, creeps, terrain and other stuff. Now I began to trigger bossfight itself.

Level 14
Can u share your thinking about my map.
Reason why map cannot opened is because it's protected to reduce it's size because I have shit net and I needed 60min to upload it. Pls if u want some resors or want to know something about my map ask me here( i will share most of thins most of things, not all

I think maps shoud be unprotected for the judges to look at triggers, constants and stuff described in the first post.

Anyway I can't open it in the game directly too. :vw_death:

@Xilinger great screenies.

I do not undestand u. U cannot open it in world editor(because it's protected), but also u cannot play it at all? Pls does someone can play it and tell me does it works for him.

@Aero
Dude pls, but pls fix your map. Really I think to it is just early beta, u should work on a lot of things: spells(make them more cool), items(make then unique), terrain(add details), icons(fix hero icons), cinematic(there is almost non cinematic).
Really dude I have expected much more from ''might map maker'', I am begginer here and I would be shame to make map like that for my final entry
EDIT: templar with feral spirits, really I have seen that only on Epic War

Somehow it's to empty, try adding doodads like some king of dark grass, bushes, and add locuts units(forgot it model I think to it's from dungeon or outland, some kind of mug creatures, like little dark elements xD), and for dark area u should work on doodads based on twillight. I will play it once more and then give u few suggestions.

Level 11
Okay! Extension? Sounds great! I have reworked my entire entry: I am going to do some sort of spider boss.

Some WIPs:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers and good luck! :grin:

Attachments

• WIP5.png
    WIP5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • WIP4.png
    WIP4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
  • WIP3.png
    WIP3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
  • WIP2.png
    WIP2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
  • WIP1.png
    WIP1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
  • WIP6.png
    WIP6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
Level 14
Dude when I more than 10 triggers I will make it unprotected. Now to reduce my huge upload time I am making it protected
And why do u want it unprotected so much, want some reasors or wha?

Erm.... I don't want any resourses from your map,heck I don't know what resourses you use - it cannot be opened, remember? It's just a rule in the contest. I wanted it unprotected just because if I can't open it directly through the game itself I would open in editor and use the test button...worked for many maps.
Are you people in this forum always that picky for no reason at all?

@BetaGod- You sir make my eye shed a tear every time I look at that great terrain. (p.s. I never learned how to level the terrain like that without the ugly cliffs, perhaps you can give me a hint in a private message ;) )

Level 9
Aero's point is more valid than the others.

Thing is there are only 4 people that have a final submission and it just not good for a contest that has prizes for 3 players if you know what I mean, still Aero's point is good but 4 contestants and 3 prizes? is like wtf man you know what i mean... might aswell have only one prize for 4 contestants.

By the way I am almost done with my map, today i got to work on it a lot, I think I could of have been able to finish my map before the deadline ahahaha its cool I mean there are people that are not done and we need more contestants so the judges have more options and the whole contest is more alive if u know what i mean... I might post a playable WIP tonight or even my final submission.

One more thing, can I just upload my map to the map section and post my final submission with a link to my map on the map's section? that way if i want to change something before the deadline I wouldnt have to erase that post or edit the post or post a new final submission.

Good looks on that extension bro :B

Level 9
So you mean that when there are 100 students that will graduate and 90 people are late then the graduation ceremony will be delayed just because of that reason, Its their fault for not finishing or joining in time. If there is only 4 contestant then so be it, their life will not wait for the late comers.

This isnt a graduation is a wc3 mappin' contest, dont take it too seriously and dont look at it the way you are just doin' it because this is for fun, it aint something as valuable as a graduation.

Level 21
Dudes, less arguing and more working on grabbing your place in the top three. It looks like BeTaGod- is raising the bar for terrain already :goblin_good_job:

With this extra time, everyone gets a chance to include epic additions to their entries. Let's cherish it.

Level 28
This isnt a graduation is a wc3 mappin' contest, dont take it too seriously and dont look at it the way you are just doin' it because this is for fun, it aint something as valuable as a graduation.

You're missing my point so I'll just state it here:

Time investment, you'll never get the time that you already wasted. And that was the time that the other who finish their work in time you late comers wasting since you're late, and you take my graduation thing so seriously, its just a example.

TIME IS IMPORTANT!

Anyway good luck to all the contestants.

Level 7
Awwww damn it's rush time.

Gunning for the award for "latest-starting entry", I began this project just a couple days ago. I've still got 14 hours. I'm all over this. Here are some WIPs for the upcoming blockbuster hit Warcraft map: "Clearcut".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• getittogetherkevin.jpg
    getittogetherkevin.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 166
  • notreesmakesmesad.jpg
    notreesmakesmesad.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 180
  • professional.jpg
    professional.jpg