• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So... will people still play WC3?

In the face of Starcraft II, will you remain faithful to WCIII?

• I'm staying with WCIII

Votes: 94 61.4%
  • I've already gotten SCII; goodbye WCIII

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I'm thinking about gettign SCII, and will stop from WCIII if I get it.

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • I'm too poor to afford SCII, so I'm stuck with WCIII

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
do you think Blizz will make the WC4 ?
because it seems like Bilzz make and will make themselves busy to upgrade their big wow's plots 1 time a year instead of making wc4 .
some said d3 is being the last one ,before they bring up a mmo version of Diablo .
Anyway i still don't give up hope that we could get a brand new RTS WC as WC4.

Last edited:
Level 12
Though... what the heck would be the history of Warcraft IV? I mean, the WoW took all the history they could use. Lich King is dead, Illidan is dead, Deathwing WILL be dead... who else will oppose the forces of good?

Level 7
Aren't Sargeras the grand master of evil still alive? Perhaps they could introduce more worlds, if i remember correctly demons are not native to outland. They come from different worlds. So how about this:

WARCRAFT IV
The final (Crusade?)

EDIT: The last time i checked, Lich King did not die. Arthas did. He was replaced by someone.

Level 19
Aren't Sargeras the grand master of evil still alive? Perhaps they could introduce more worlds, if i remember correctly demons are not native to outland. They come from different worlds. So how about this:

WARCRAFT IV
The final (Crusade?)

EDIT: The last time i checked, Lich King did not die. Arthas did. He was replaced by someone.

Well, Kil'jaeden is currently the commander of the Burning Legion, I think Sargeras has business elsewhere or he became a spirit after he got himself intentionally killed by Aegwynn to possess Medivh, but then Medivh also killed.

Level 12
@Fussiler1: The Hive Workshop guys may have said that, but they wouldn't just make two storylines. I'm not sure if Sargeras is or not dead. But if he allowed himself to be killed so that he could possess someone else, it means that if he get killed again he have means to come back to life. Kil'Jaeden is nothing more than a liutenant, and the leader in Sargeras's absence.

@Masken: Yeah, yeah, you got it. Arthas died, the Lich King got replaced. But as Arthas, Bolvar retained most of his personality (he cannot feel things anymore, but you got it.) So instead of the leaderless scourge in a bloody rampage throughout the world, BOLVAR would "calm down" the Scourge, no more attacking people and all. Until of course he melts (he self-frozed himself while sending Tarion away.) And Ner'Zhul take full control of him. Which is gonna take a GOOD while with all his determination.

@Kingz: Because people still play Warcraft III. 6 years after, they still play Warcraft III. Though some of them is going to move to SC2 (Or they liked SC or they will take advantage of the new custom maps) Warcraft is the older series Blizzard have. WoW, aside all that it means already, is also a *step* to WC4. It is not only preparing a new plot with all the changes WoW brings, but also it is going to have the greatest fan database of all time. Wc3 players, SC2 players, and WoW players would buy it. You know how much players that is?

Level 25
Because people still play Warcraft III. 6 years after, they still play Warcraft III. Though some of them is going to move to SC2 (Or they liked SC or they will take advantage of the new custom maps) Warcraft is the older series Blizzard have. WoW, aside all that it means already, is also a *step* to WC4. It is not only preparing a new plot with all the changes WoW brings, but also it is going to have the greatest fan database of all time. Wc3 players, SC2 players, and WoW players would buy it. You know how much players that is?

And then about 15% of their WoW gamers decide WC4 is more fun, hell why should i pay and play WoW then?

And bam, blizz loses it's money.

But seriously they got a monopoly over MMO games why should they make WC4 when they can get huge flow of cash with WoW only?

What would you do:

A) Do nothing, get money, stay rich.

B) Invest in a huge project,spend a lot of money, lose a part of WoW players.

Don't forget SC2 won't have LAN so for the REAL gameplay experience you must use BNET2 which again brings in cash.

Blizz is just one big cash machine.

Level 1
I've heard Blizz had made another big mmo project and they had hidden it as long as they can until their fair client Blizzcon may show up some pieces of info about that lovely mmo this year or next year i guess.
This one didn't look like his own brother wow ,it didn't even base on fanciful fantasy world like the other three, it's different.
And i truly doubt it's kind of a third person shooter mixed with casual style.So its out of thier style anyway.It's time to operate 2 money printings at a time :D.

Last edited:
Level 7
I've heard Blizz had made another big mmo project and they had hidden it as long as they can until their fair client Blizzcon may show up some pieces of info about that lovely mmo this year or next year i guess.
This one didn't look like his own brother wow ,it didn't even base on fanciful fantasy world like the other three, it's different.
And i truly doubt it's kind of a third person shooter mixed with casual style.So its out of thier style anyway.It's time to operate 2 money printings at a time :D.

People realy need to stop talking about Blizzards new MMO like it's a mystery, it's blatantly a Starcraft MMO, theyre using the same successful release campaign as they did with wow, the events and storyline in starcraft will set the scene for the starcraft MMO like wc3 did for wow.

People like seeing thier favourite WC3 character in wow, I went all the way to the Temple of Elune just to see Tyrande. Blizzard's perposely withholding any info because it makes good marketing sense to do so. When your developing a game you don't want to release too much too early, you slowly leak details when your nearing the release date to build up hype.

My brother works in the game development and a guy at his workplace got fired for releasing details about their upcoming game on a forum (no he dosnt work for blizzard).

It's a Starcraft MMO I'd bet my life on it.

Level 25
Ever though that they can play both WoW and WC4? (as I play WoW AND wc3? And so do many of my friends?) And where the hell you heard that you gotta pay to play SC2 online? You buy it only.. lol

I said the real gameplay and the fun is in online battles, but if you prefer skirmish with bots have fun...

Anyway it makes no sense for them to make WC4 when they can just rule the game scene with WoW,SC2,Diablo 3(my favorite) and the new MMO.
Also WC storyline went down to drain with WoW anyway.

Imo they will just release upgrades for the mentioned and get more cash.

Level 12
And then about 15% of their WoW gamers decide WC4 is more fun, hell why should i pay and play WoW then?

And bam, blizz loses it's money.

But seriously they got a monopoly over MMO games why should they make WC4 when they can get huge flow of cash with WoW only?

What would you do:

A) Do nothing, get money, stay rich.

B) Invest in a huge project,spend a lot of money, lose a part of WoW players.

Don't forget SC2 won't have LAN so for the REAL gameplay experience you must use BNET2 which again brings in cash.

Blizz is just one big cash machine.

A) They're still going to make money no matter what happens.

B) Lose a part of WoW players? No. The players will just join WC4. WoW will still be played for the fact of them being two different game genres and games entirely. Just like SC will still be played when SC2 comes out. Hell, WC2 is still played, after WC3 AND WoW.

C) Well, not really, it depends on what you do. Plus I'm sure hacks will come.

Level 5
Warcraft 3 is the very last LAN game made by Blizzard. Of course it will still be played and likely for the fact that new Blizzard games won't have LAN.

Warcraft 3 multiplayer is also very well differentiated from Starcraft 2 due to the micro and heroes. Starcraft 2 won't stop on Warcraft 3's "toes". But I do think Starcraft 1 will die.

One thing I think is very certain is that Warcraft 3 modding will absolutely die due to Starcraft 2. Warcraft 3 modding kinda sucks. The engine is very limiting. There are memory leaks even with the most common triggers (which we have to fix manually). Then there is the JASS side which makes Warcraft 3 modding a type of frankenstein experience. After patch 1.24, it shows how vulnerable the 'non-World Editor' stuff can become. How annoying it is that great Warcraft 3 maps can no longer be played after patch 1.24. Modding in Warcraft 3 is a very frustrating experience because of these issues.

Starcraft 2 will have a much better engine, won't have the memory leaks (oh God, I hope), and won't have the JASS Frankenstein monstrosity that Warcraft 3 had. Add to the fact that you can SELL your Starcraft 2 maps, there is absolutely no reason, in any way shape or form, I can see someone continuing with Warcraft 3 modding.

Except for LAN. Warcraft 3 is the very last Blizzard game where you can make custom maps for LAN. I think that alone will make Warcraft 3 hold value to gamers.

Level 35
Good point, I will too if I can be bothered doing any more modding lolzorz
I've yet to finish a mod, though, and I want to finish one for Warcraft 3 (if I can get the team working)
But when SC2 comes out officially, I will mod it and submit a few simple map mods that will have some interesting gameplay (hopefully! :p)
Especially considering I've been experimenting with different styles of gameplay :p

Btw, here's a game for all you peepz :3
It's called 'Spot the Sponsorship' =D
What you have to do is count the Sponsorships found in this video:

Pro Starcraft Match :3

Level 7
I know a lot of people who would quit WoW if WC4 came out.

I know some that will quit WoW for sure when Diablo 3 comes out.

That must prove something...

Seriously? How many times do you need to be told ur wrong? Warcraft 4 wud be a RTS WoW is a RPG with a completly different style of game play and different billing structure, they arnt competition with eachother. Infact being made of the same franchise they may even support eachother through increased exposure. Also just because you know afew people who say they'd quit proves absolutely sod all...

Except for LAN. Warcraft 3 is the very last Blizzard game where you can make custom maps for LAN. I think that alone will make Warcraft 3 hold value to gamers.

Its realy sad but just goes to show how people illegaly downloading the game and playing over private servers like Garena ruin the game for everyone, you can't blame Blizzard for wanting to protect thier income. These people are scum.

Level 35
Considering that Kingz does know at least a few people who would quit WoW if Wc4 came out, it does prove that there are other people in the world who would do the same. It proves that at the very least there is a small population of people who play WoW who would quit it when Wc4 comes out. Sure, it's not much, but it's something at the very least ;)

I don't have to quit WoW, though, as I hate it (not a big RPG fan, got into Fallout 3 and Oblivion, that was about it and I'm sick of them now :p)

As for LAN not being available for future releases of Blizzard, programmers will just find a way around that to create private servers. After all, if they've done it for WoW, they will be able to do it for these future releases. The simple fact is, no man can create a puzzle that another man cannot solve.

But people who use Garena and such aren't scum, that's a bit radical. I mean, come on, sure they're not paying Blizzard, but Blizzard is still reaping in massive amounts of money. Hell, WoW is the best scam they've ever done, making gamers play every month just to get up to level 70 and then walk around doing stuff. Brilliant! So don't say people who aren't paying Blizzard for their entertainment are scum. People who call them scum are scum, so by all means call those people scum, but don't call the afore mentioned scum. That's just scummy.

Level 25
Its realy sad but just goes to show how people illegaly downloading the game and playing over private servers like Garena ruin the game for everyone, you can't blame Blizzard for wanting to protect thier income. These people are scum.

Go tell someone who cares, i am one of the population you sad are scum, if i were i ensure you i would act like it.

Seriously? How many times do you need to be told ur wrong? Warcraft 4 wud be a RTS WoW is a RPG with a completly different style of game play and different billing structure, they arnt competition with eachother.

It is would not wud.
Wud doesn't exist.

Also i wouldn't expect a Warcraft 4 in a long time, 10 years minimal if they ever decide to make it. Also no need to go all mad, i have my point of view and i am free to express it, if you don't like it i don't really care.

I only like WC3 because of it's campaign and storyline and the possibility to create and play custom maps like Dota.
Also I would rather see a new game from Blizzard instead of WC4.

Level 12
Considering that Kingz does know at least a few people who would quit WoW if Wc4 came out, it does prove that there are other people in the world who would do the same. It proves that at the very least there is a small population of people who play WoW who would quit it when Wc4 comes out. Sure, it's not much, but it's something at the very least ;)

I don't have to quit WoW, though, as I hate it (not a big RPG fan, got into Fallout 3 and Oblivion, that was about it and I'm sick of them now :p)

As for LAN not being available for future releases of Blizzard, programmers will just find a way around that to create private servers. After all, if they've done it for WoW, they will be able to do it for these future releases. The simple fact is, no man can create a puzzle that another man cannot solve.

But people who use Garena and such aren't scum, that's a bit radical. I mean, come on, sure they're not paying Blizzard, but Blizzard is still reaping in massive amounts of money. Hell, WoW is the best scam they've ever done, making gamers play every month just to get up to level 70 and then walk around doing stuff. Brilliant! So don't say people who aren't paying Blizzard for their entertainment are scum. People who call them scum are scum, so by all means call those people scum, but don't call the afore mentioned scum. That's just scummy.

Why do you think people study the bible until today? xD

This thread is getting too scummish.

Level 2
i think it will probably help finish off warcraft 3.... But on the bright side the galaxy editor will probably bring editors that will recreate warcraft 3 in starcraft (with better graphics)

Level 12
Go tell someone who cares, i am one of the population you sad are scum, if i were i ensure you i would act like it.

It is would not wud.
Wud doesn't exist.

Also i wouldn't expect a Warcraft 4 in a long time, 10 years minimal if they ever decide to make it. Also no need to go all mad, i have my point of view and i am free to express it, if you don't like it i don't really care.

I only like WC3 because of it's campaign and storyline and the possibility to create and play custom maps like Dota.
Also I would rather see a new game from Blizzard instead of WC4.

WC4 will be 10x times that.

Level 18
I'm not sure, actually. After playing SC2 for the first time today it is NOTHING like Warcraft 3. They are very different games. The biggest difference being that there are no Heroes in SC2.

The only thing that could kill WC3 is if the same type of custom maps made for Warcraft can be made for SC2. Which, they probably will be. So yeah maybe we'll see a die off in our WC3 community haha. Sadface!

Level 9
I'm not sure, actually. After playing SC2 for the first time today it is NOTHING like Warcraft 3. They are very different games. The biggest difference being that there are no Heroes in SC2.

The only thing that could kill WC3 is if the same type of custom maps made for Warcraft can be made for SC2. Which, they probably will be. So yeah maybe we'll see a die off in our WC3 community haha. Sadface!

Nothign like? SC2 feels to me like an upgraded wc3 with a way better ladder. It has two resourcs, food, the bottom of your screen shows unit abilities, portraits, and everything.

Only thing missing is heroes, which will be available in editor apparently.

What am I missing out on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.