• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smoking

Do you smoke ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoke about a pack a day (20 cigarrates) Marlboro red.

It does help relax and let's be honest all the smokers enjoy smoking. It's relaxing and all shit but it's definitely not healthy and should be quite.

I've been trying to quit for about 1 year and it's very hard to do so unless you have very strong will. The addiction is heavy and the withdrawal sickness makes you regret.

The best thing is to never EVER touch a cigarette.

Level 25
I used to smoke a lot when I was in high school and became really lethargic, so I ended up replacing smoking for large amounts of coffee and couldn't be happier with how much healthier and more optimistic I've been since then. It seems like the most surefire way to break a bad addiction is to replace it with a healthier addiction, although I definitely understand why people turn to smoking to relax their nerves.

Level 21
Okay, I saw lots of arguments for and against smoking... but this is senseless, it seems the people who do smoke are smoking because it "feels good"... Very interesting.

Let me ask you something, do you take LSD or Acid?

Because you will feel really good! Seriously, you will have the best time of your life.

But you should think about what happens after your greed for feeling good, maybe escaping the maddening reality or just smoking with friends sharing it...

What is smoking?

You inhale hydrogen cianide (Blausäure), tar and literally combustion-caused smoke.

All those things are incredibly unhealthy and hydrogen cianide is even deadly if you take too much.

So, any rational thinking being should not smoke for several reasons.

1. As I stated it is highly unhealthy and can shorten your life by HALF (!) if you chain smoke
2. It is costly and has no effect beside feeling good, see LSD/Acid Argument
3. It endangers people around you, even if they don't want anything to do with it (passive smoking)

Fazit: You will feel better if you don't smoke, be a lot more healthy, won't endanger people who smoke passively with you and you will save lots of money.... You won't be on your cigarette high, but you will see that you will feel permanently better after stopping to smoke.

Seriously, there is literally no reason to smoke beside building up the drug empire called tabaco "companies".

In our country Tobacco and cigarettes prices are being increased. It also is unhealthy and and cause you several forms of lung cancer. Your teeth are also generally more grey and yellow if you smoke. The addiction is also a problem.

Plus, the government companies make a lot of money by maximum sales of Tobacco.

Last edited:
Level 24
Okay, I saw lots of arguments for and against smoking... but this is senseless, it seems the people who do smoke are smoking because it "feels good"... Very interesting.

Because you will feel really good! Seriously, you will have the best time of your life.

But you should think about what happens after your greed for feeling good, maybe escaping the maddening reality or just smoking with friends sharing it...

What is smoking?

You inhale hydrogen cianide (Blausäure), tar and literally combustion-caused smoke.

All those things are incredibly unhealthy and hydrogen cianide is even deadly if you take too much.

1. As I stated it is highly unhealthy and can shorten your life by HALF (!) if you chain smoke
3. It endangers people around you, even if they don't want anything to do with it (passive smoking)

Fazit: You will feel better if you don't smoke, be a lot more healthy, won't endanger people who smoke passively with you and you will save lots of money.... You won't be on your cigarette high, but you will see that you will feel permanently better after stopping to smoke.

Seriously, there is literally no reason to smoke beside building up the drug empire called tabaco "companies".
I'm shocked by the fact that there are people who are shocked by the fact that there are people who smoke simply because they like to smoke.
In all honesty I liked smoking before I quit. What I did not like was how it left a hole in my wallet and ruined my (mostly future) health. But that's not to say smoking itself wasn't great, because it was.

And no, I did not smoke to build up somebody else's drug empire. Makes me wonder what you smoked before coming up with that theory.

Level 34
I've never tried smoking, but while I'm sure it's enjoyable, it seems like an awfully expensive habit and one that basically demands random breaks in the day. Oh and the whole destruction of the lungs.

Seems like the costs heavily outweigh the rewards to me, but I've never really minded people smoking. I much prefer the smell of cigarettes (not stale car smoke) over marijuana.

Level 17
I just like rolling with tobacco as I think it fills a joint out better and makes it easier to roll and wastes less mary J. Also nicer head rush

but I don't roll that often so besides that, nah I don't. Tried it a few times, did it a little as a teenager cause my friends did and I'd have nothing else to do when they'd make me follow them out to the fucking parking lot every other hour for a smoke. Never got addicted or anything though and I pretty much stopped after I stopped hanging out with them after we graduated.

Not much of a mystery though... different people start for different reasons, but most people who smoke do it because they enjoy the feeling. Some people think the short term relief is worth the risks and health issues and I think that is fine. What is not fine is judgemental assholes who think they're telling you something new when they go "OOOHH ITZ BAD FOR U. I'D NEVER DO IT :)".

Lots of people do not realize this since smoking is such a taboo thing right now, but saying these things to smokers is actually really rude. Leave people to their life choices

Oh, I do smoke hookah though if I go out with friends to a nice arabic cafe. But this is more of a social/cultural thing imo and it's not really a habit or a household implement.

What is smoking?

This is all just ignorant gobbledygook. It is clear you have not even tried hallucinogens or smoking or anything else and yet you seem to have decided you can deduce how "rational beings" should view these things.

LSD/Shrooms are really intense trips and not everyone cares to or can afford the time to trip out for 12 fucking hours every day. You cannot go out and have an "acid break" for 10 minutes during a work break. This is not even mentioning the fact that it is a COMPLETELY different high or form of "feeling good" that some people simply do not prefer.

And yes, as stated above, thanks for telling us something new. Smoking is harmful? Wow shocking. If you have not found a reason to smoke that is fine for you my friend, but do not assume to think that you understand why some people would prefer the short term relief. We all have our vices and this sort of self-righteous high horsery is pretentious and rude.

Level 21
I'm shocked by the fact that there are people who are shocked by the fact that there are people who smoke simply because they like to smoke.
In all honesty I liked smoking before I quit. What I did not like was how it left a hole in my wallet and ruined my (mostly future) health. But that's not to say smoking itself wasn't great, because it was.

And no, I did not smoke to build up somebody else's drug empire. Makes me wonder what you smoked before coming up with that theory.

How about reading my post, before trash talking? Because you obviously focus on a thing that is not intended to be focussed on.

If you are capable of textual understanding, you should've understood that I meant in addition to being unhealthy and costly, you also sponsor a drug cartel...

Level 24
How about reading my post, before trash talking? Because you obviously focus on a thing that is not intended to be focussed on.

If you are capable of textual understanding, you should've understood that I meant in addition to being unhealthy and costly, you also sponsor a drug cartel...
As with all consumtion you "sponsor" the supplier; that's simply supply and demand. Calling the tobacco industry a cartel might be stretching things a bit too far into, but that's entirely up to you to define personally.

And yes, of course I agree that by smoking you damage both your health and economy, and that is precisely why I chose to quit myself. This does not mean however that there's some sort of conspiracy against smokers going on where they're brainwashed by the evil corporations that they need to smoke. Again, a lot of smokers smoke simply because they want to, regardless of the consequences.

Level 20
Well...I used to.But nothing good come's from it.You spent money,damages you're health and you might even have issues whith you're parents i started smoke when i was a teen only 14... I keept smoking untill i was 15.

Level 3
Don't smoke, but uses snus, unless you are from Scandinavia (mostly Sweden) you probably don't know what it is. There is a "version" of snus in America called dip, but it's not the same,

Level 11
I don't smoke, perhaps never will.
Tobacco in its natural form is a herb and also has medicinal uses. The Ayurveda describes several uses for tobacco, sometimes mixed with other herbs. It works as a pain relief, if applied to joints or if leaf or powder is rubbed on the gums and teeth.
Perhaps those who experience 'high' after smoking or feel relaxed, is due to this pain relief property of tobacco. Can't say for sure though, because never have experimented with it.

In my region, tobacco powder is also used as a natural insecticide, works good against weevils. 5 kg bag of tobacco powder is cheaper than marked organic insecticide. I used to keep some handy but worksman used to steal for free smoke, so stopped the practice. Tobacco is also a good cash crop in some parts of the world, so lowering sales can affect some farmers.

Just adding some other expects of this herb.

Level 4
I used to smoke, I smoked for 7 years. Its not that it tasted good, it feels good. Ya know that feeling when your like "I could use some coffee." And it then becomes part of your daily routine. You start smoking on the same time schedule. Its pretty easy to quit, dont anticipate it dont think about it. Just prolong your regular activities and go jogging or something.

I been smoke free since new years, and honestly I never got withdrawals, never even made a big deal about it. Just quit telling yourself your case is special and that its harder for you and just do what you have been thinking about doing since you started. Quit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Because they're addicted?
Nicotine is a nerve toxic after all and since it's produced inside your body, smoking raises the 'common level' and thus you suffer from withdrawal when stopping.

You don't become addicted by just looking at it. You become addicted after taking a cig or two. (likely more)

So yeah, I can't understand it either.

Level 15
I used to smoke, I smoked for 7 years. Its not that it tasted good, it feels good. Ya know that feeling when your like "I could use some coffee." And it then becomes part of your daily routine. You start smoking on the same time schedule. Its pretty easy to quit, dont anticipate it dont think about it. Just prolong your regular activities and go jogging or something.

I been smoke free since new years, and honestly I never got withdrawals, never even made a big deal about it. Just quit telling yourself your case is special and that its harder for you and just do what you have been thinking about doing since you started. Quit.
I also used to smoke since my first year of high school, then quit 2 years ago. But I quit by strong will. In 2 weeks I left cigs completely by gradually lowering the amount of cigs I take in a day. My reason for quitting was coughing (I had headaches too), and I was annoyed by it.
It's true that it's easy to quit, but not for all people, not everyone has the strong will. So they often go through methods that lead to nowhere without realizing that it is all in their mind and that quitting can be done for free by themselves.
But I'm not a kind of person who pesters people who still smoke, I know that they are aware of how dangerous it is because I was also when I was smoking.
I never had withdrawls too. So there's that.
Also yeah, smoking feels good. It's why it's so hard for many to give up.

Level 9
Im a smoker like 4 years(Note im 17)And i hate it,it's the most discusting thing i ever tasted,now im trying to combine it with a gym,its a bad mix really bad mix.
And yeah in the start i thouth i was "cool" since i used to have a totaly retarded friend who told me i should try,now i smoke just couse i am addicted and the only time i enjoy cigarets is when im well fed,drinking coffe or having any other taste in my mouth(Eating or drinking something)But for non smoker id say never put this in your mouth never.No will to quit.

Level 21
I never smoked and do not intend to. After having taken a Biology lesson about smoking, I started hating it even more that I hated it before. Due to 3 damn deadly components, smoking impairs one heavily.

Nicotine: cursed drug which causes addiction and raises blood pressure + strain on the heart

Carbon Monoxide: a toxic gas which combines with the haemoglobin inside our red blood cells to form carboxyhaemoglobin. The net effect? Your RBCs carry less oxygen and that's why Normeus you say gym + cigarette is a bad mix. With less oxygen, you are provided with less energy for physical activity

Tar: it is probably the worst of the 3 components. It's this one that causes lung cancer!!!! It's the one also responsible for the accumulation of mucus in the lungs, causing too frequent coughing.

While probably in moderate doses, smoking doesn't have a great effect, it's anyway a big waste of money. Then, passive smoking is even worse that active smoking so, in few words, when you smoke, you damage yourself and the people around you. Terrible right? So, for those reasons, I strongly invite people that smoke to stop it now before getting addicted to this fatal thing.

Level 9
I am fan of snake so I smoke at least 2-5 cigs a week

2usx0s9.jpg

Level 8
You don't become addicted by just looking at it. You become addicted after taking a cig or two. (likely more)

So yeah, I can't understand it either.

Yes, you become addicted to it when you take a cig or two, but looking at somebody smoking may make you want to smoke because I think I heard that everything you see will be recorded at your memory as a move and you may want to try that move out and when you see a guy (or a gal!) smoking you also may want to smoke, and you see the result.

I will never smoke and when I will be 20 or something I will join the Assassin Brotherhood and destroy every cig on the world.

Level 9
Hiphop4eva-one cigarete or two,is too few(Veryy Very Too Few) cigaretes are drugs but unlike other it takes them much more time for you to get addicted,now why do newbies in smoking continue smoking?
Well at first when you smoke for the very first time you do feel relaxed,its psyhological process in which one thinks he will have the feeling over and over again.Now how does it work,well like Speed(type in google if you dont know what it is) cigaretes work like Speed,but unlike other it takes them much more time to make you smoke more and more,like speed the first time you take it,you need just 2 lines of the drug to get affected,but every other time you are gonna take Speed it will require from you to add +2 as if the orgasam cannot please itself with that small dose,thats how cigaretes work it just makes you buy more and more becouse you cannot please yourself with 2,5 or 10 cigaretes per a day you smoke 2 pacs i a day instead,i had a friend who's dad smoked believe it or not 10 pacs on a day!He went to see a doctor and apparantly he had some sort of a black spot on his lungs so he had to quit,so saying you cant quit couse your addicted look at the man who quit,who smoked 10 pacs a day.I think i made it clear enough.

Suffering... Yeah, sometime I enjoy getting suffered myself, screw me for that. Damn right you are, Keiji.
If you never try, you'll never get addicted though, that's how it works. And since I never smoke, yes, I hate them. As well as from what I have studied from several lessons (mostly biology), I won't try that thing.

I quit smoking 2009 march 18. One of the best choices I've ever made.
The reason to start was "social" smoking (because everyone else did it).
I liked the taste/aroma of the good tobacco. It almost felt like hunger when I wanted to light up one.
My smoking records was 5 boxes of cigarettes with a 1.5 litters of all kinds of alcohol(40c+) on one night.

Level 9
I was so scared and terrified when I read about the effects of smoking to myself that I gave up reading.

Nah just joking. I never have smoked yet. I don't want to smoke as well. But it seems like I "somehow does" because the smokers around me.

Level 39
Never smoked a cigarette in my life. Don't intend to.
I'm probably what some would call an anti-smoking extremist. But generally I'm of the opinion that people are allowed to do what they want to their own bodies.
Doesn't mean I won't let my friends know what I think about them destroying their lungs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.