• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm in the dying breed section then (literally).
I go from 7 a day to a full pack.
It completely depends on how much I sit in front of the computer. If I am out doing something I smoke far less. My conclusion (which I have drawn plenty of times) is that those extra in the front of the computer is more of a bad habit, or time killers, rather than actual addiction.

Edit:
About the stench. I actually agree. I hate it as well as non smokers. I think most smokers do.

Level 30
I started during junior high school, stopped the whole idea after my bad dose of stuff in college.

Well a more interesting question would be why you smoke.

Yeah this is probably the question I would like hear:

Firstly, I enjoyed the habit in some way, not that it makes me cool on the sidewalk but it gives me some calm time. Smoke is bitter, it smells awful and makes you smell awful since I got so used to it those things never effected me until I gave it up permanently. I'm not addicted to it so I take 1 per day or somehow just stop doing it.

Level 29
Every single relative of mine used to smoke, i used to hate family gatherings because of that. Nowadays only my mom still smokes and thats because literally addicted to tobacco, i cant tell you how many $$$ the company must have won because of her, lol.
Not even on the street when in a cafeteria you wasnt safe since so many people used to smoke, then on a blessed day arrived the public smoking ban and one could finally breath whilst walking in the main streets of the city.

then on a blessed day arrived the public smoking ban and one could finally breath whilst walking in the main streets of the city.

We have a smoking ban in all public buildings as well as in restaurants, movie theaters etc etc etc. But not on the street.
I completely get this ban. It's more than understandable that non smokers should not sit in public rooms filled with smoke.
Now. On the streets however. You mention that you can breath the air now. Yeah, that small "dose" of smoke you would inhale from walking on the street won't do anything. That is just being completely anal about smoking in my opinion.
Oh and the air you breath in while walking the non smoking street is filled with the far more dangerous car exhaustion.

60167883-air-pollution.jpg

Yummi!

Level 35
I'm the only one who smokes in my entire family. I live alone though, so it's irrelevant.

I smoke 8-12 a day.

Oh, you want to know why I smoke?

It's a sort of self-rewarding every time I accomplish something, and it's also a good socialization method. The colleagues with whom I keep the closest ties, I got to know when we were out smoking together. This also applies to most of my high school friends with whom I maintain regular contact to this day.

Level 29
You can adapt and live with the 'necessary evil' exhaust gas as its part of your every day life, yet somehow the scent-smell we. it is in a burning cigar that can arrive on my nose just at the moment i want to catch a breath have always -and still- produced a more disturbing effect on me than all the exhaust you can find on the street, really.

Level 4
I'm surrounded by smoke whole life, everywhere, but im still disgusted by cigarettes and i think i'll never smoke :p

Level 7
My father was a smoker before he married (i saw on a photo). But months ago, when my brother came from school, he smells like cigarette... :eek:
He then looks hurry finding a candy...
Since now, it's still mysterious..

Level 13
It's weird everyone here only talks about tobacco on the topic of smoking.

I'm not old enough to legally inhale tabacco, but it wouldn't stop me if i wanted to i suppose :eek: Even so, I avoid tabacco.

As for other things you can smoke, I can't for awhile. ;3 Probation is kind of forcibly ending that for me.

Level 16
It's weird everyone here only talks about tobacco on the topic of smoking.

I'm not old enough to legally inhale tabacco, but it wouldn't stop me if i wanted to i suppose :eek: Even so, I avoid tabacco.

As for other things you can smoke, I can't for awhile. ;3 Probation is kind of forcibly ending that for me.

Well, if smoking is only bad to the smokers, its fine.

If they smoke outside, its fine, but don't fking drag me to inhale their fucking smokes or force me to smell that shitty smell.

Not only that, My father still have a lot to teach me, I won't forgive him if he dies as soon as I graduated because of his lung disease caused by excessive smoking.

Not only is his conditions terrible, he does not stop.

Why don't adults think of others for a while and stop their crap? Its as if they
wanted to die as soon as they can, to be relieved from their duties to teach us.

If they smoke outside, its fine, but don't fking drag me to inhale their fucking smokes or force me to smell that shitty smell.

And why are people allowed to stink up the place with perfumes, sweat, farts, bad breath and so forth.
Why am I forced to smell these things? Why do I even care? I don't.
Because that's way it is living in a society. You take the good with the bad, and fucking live with it.

Not only that, My father still have a lot to teach me, I won't forgive him if he dies as soon as I graduated because of his lung disease caused by excessive smoking.

Have you told your father that you won't forgive him?

Why don't adults think of others for a while and stop their crap? Its as if they
wanted to die as soon as they can, to be relieved from their duties to teach us.

Yeah that's how every smoker thinks. "I better smoke a lot so I can die and be relieved".
People smoke because they are addicted to it or simply likes to smoke.

Level 16
And why are people allowed to stink up the place with perfumes, sweat, farts, bad breath and so forth.
Because that's way it is living in a society. You take the good with the bad, and fucking live with it.

At least they are not hazardous.

Have you told your father that you won't forgive him?
Yeah that's how every smoker thinks. "I better smoke a lot so I can die and be relieved".
People smoke because they are addicted to it or simply likes to smoke.

He is diagnosed with a lung disease, and now a heart clamp failures.

Yet he smokes more and more, people tell him to stop, even my mother, he does not listen.

These days after he was diagnosed, all he does is sit around the corners and smoke, being unproductive.

I never told him I would never forgive him, but he should be considering it since its his responsibilities. He should know better when to stop.

I don't want others out there to experience this, hence I hate smokers.

Level 23
I smoke more than you can imagine, and I never had cigarette in my mouth. The pleasures of living with 3 smokers and being forced to breathe the shit all day, cause they cant go to balcony to smoke. (Yes, "my" computer is in living room, this sucks too)

Level 23
I smoke more than you can imagine, and I never had cigarette in my mouth. The pleasures of living with 3 smokers and being forced to breathe the shit all day, cause they cant go to balcony to smoke. (Yes, "my" computer is in living room, this sucks too)

That's worse than being a smoker yourself. They say second hand smoking is worse than smoking yourself.

Hmm.. Maybe that's why some choose to smoke.. So they can avoid second hand smoking? What if a smoker inhales smoke from another smoker? Would that triple its effect? :ogre_icwydt:

That's worse than being a smoker yourself. They say second hand smoking is worse than smoking yourself.

Hmm.. Maybe that's why some choose to smoke.. So they can avoid second hand smoking? What if a smoker inhales smoke from another smoker? Would that triple its effect? :ogre_icwydt:

edo494:
I understand where you are at, it was the same for me when I lived with my parents and before I started smoking myself.

Green:
I'm sorry but that is complete bullcrap.
Think about it just for a bit. If you are a smoker you inhale all smoke always + whatever smoke must be in the air already. So both first AND second hand.
Obviously you get a far bigger dose of particles into your lungs.
I am not saying second smoking is not bad, because it is. But smoking yourself is by far worse.

Level 23
I'm sorry but that is complete bullcrap.
Think about it just for a bit. If you are a smoker you inhale all smoke always + whatever smoke must be in the air already. So both first AND second hand.
Obviously you get a far bigger dose of particles into your lungs.
I am not saying second smoking is not bad, because it is. But smoking yourself is by far worse.

Jesus dude, I was just kidding around. I know smoking is worse than secondhand smoking, but that won't stop people from wondering about that. https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=....22862j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Level 22
Haha, I never had a problem with my older brother's smoking. When he tries to smoke inside, I piss him as hard as I can then I just let him beat the crap out of me and then he goes outside to smoke. One time he tried smoking on the bathroom, I opened the door and he was naked, he got pissed and I ran outside the house so he'd beat me outside, it turned out to be a success.

Being beaten by him also earned me the favor of our parents hahaha XD. I also developed a strong defense because of him beating me all the time.

EDIT: The defense thing was a lie... But I developed a masochistic tolerance for punch-induced pain.

There is still reason to dislike it. When people fart in public, they usually try to hide it, and they'll normally have the decency to point it away from you. But half the time, smoking gets in your nose anyway. It is almost like someone is directly farting in your face.

As for smoking itself, it is as if you're farting in your own mouth and then releasing it. So it is some sort of addicting fetish.

Anyway, I do not smoke, but I generally don't care if other people do. In a perfect world, where smoking would only harm the smoker, I would likely be just fine with it. Due to second hand, I'm leaning against it, but I don't really care if some person on the other side of the planet is smoking (apart from their effect on others). When someone smokes nearby, though, I still feel a reason to be annoyed, especially when I'm eating. I was enjoying a hearty breakfast on Saturday and a whiff of smoke came into the building. Fortunately, it only smelled for a brief period, but it almost messed up my french toast & pancakes yo.

Level 18
The only thing I smoke is the occasional hookah.

I no longer smoke weed, and I stopped smoking cigarettes/cigars many years ago when I decided that blacking out from drinking myself into an oblivion wasn't a great way to live... But it was fun.

Oh and I can't stand the smell of smoke(weed or cigarette) in an enclosed place.

Level 21
I don't smoke and don't plan to, like drinking beer to.
Really hated it to in school if you never smoked you weren't a cool kid. God.. if being cool having lung problems, throat problems, and whatever smokes can give I would rather live my life.
Luckily now I am twenty five and still non-smoking for myself, but I would like to try wine for special occasions, and I wish smokes were banned.

Level 22
you seem you have one angry brother lol, at least when it comes to smoking
Well he had his "adolescence" thing for too long, he was perma-pissed.

PurgeandFire said:
As for smoking itself, it is as if you're farting in your own mouth and then releasing it. So it is some sort of addicting fetish.
I see... it's like panty sniffing.

edo494 said:
wine or champagne is not really bad for you or your body.
Yeah, I agree, the effect on my older brother was marvelous. Getting him drunk turns him into buddha... he loses his aggressiveness and becomes sociable.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Isn't it a bit obvious that your bro is a smoker? At least he doesn't smoke in front of you.
I'd be glad so long as he keeps hiding his smoking habits. If candies work as a temporary replacement, all the better.

PurgeandFire said:
rofl. Deserves to be sigged. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.