• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketching ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

A few sketches, just because I like sketching.. all these are made using a Wacom Graphire4, in GIMP2.
I find a lot of inspiration from various photographers on DeviantArt.com

sketchfemalemotion.png

malewarlock.png

sketchfemaleback.png

sketchfemalemage.png

sketchmalegunslinger2.jpg

Criticism appreciated.

Attachments

• Where Did I Drop Those Glasses.png
    Where Did I Drop Those Glasses.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The head is tilted forwards (I used a mirror), so the upper lip doesn't really show form the angle, other than that the underlip is partially hidden.

Level 22
Eet sux ballz!

Ok, it's kinda nice, but it kinda sux ballz too

͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<hc̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏͏͏͏͏ ͏̨̢̨͎̲͕̝̘̩͚̙͔̝̝̣͇͉͋ͬ̐̋͒̀̆̌͡e͏͏͏͏͏͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨̧̡͎̲̝͉͎̮̣͓͎̻̟̳̪̰͉̖̞͓̬̹͌ͥ͂ͣ́̋͛͢ ̴̝͎͕̯̙ͤ̋̽͑͋̔ͪͪͨͭ̉͜ͅ͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ ͏̨͎̲͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏m͏͏͏̷̧ͩ͂̋̎ͬ̒̌̐̎̽ͮ́͜͡ ͎̞̰͍̯̝̪͈̦̠͙̭̘̬̫̣ͅͅe̴̸̷̛̝̮̖͖̙̦̥͕̹̤̱ͦ̆͊̈̔̀̊͆͛̐ͨ̐̀̆̀̚̕s̜͍̳̟̻̰̟̬̘̖͉̳̥̗͎̹̻͌͑̓̓ͣ́͘͜͟͝͏̨͎̲̘̖͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<hc̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏͏͏͏͏ ͏̨̢̨͎̲͕̝̘̩͚̙͔̝̝̣͇͉͋ͬ̐̋͒̀̆̌͡e͏͏͏͏͏͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨̧̡͎̲̝͉͎̮̣͓͎̻̟̳̪̰͉̖̞͓̬̹͌ͥ͂ͣ́̋͛͢ ̴̝͎͕̯̙ͤ̋̽͑͋̔ͪͪͨͭ̉͜ͅ͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ ͏̨͎̲͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏m͏͏͏̷̧ͩ͂̋̎ͬ̒̌̐̎̽ͮ́͜͡ ͎̞̰͍̯̝̪͈̦̠͙̭̘̬̫̣ͅͅe̴̸̷̛̝̮̖͖̙̦̥͕̹̤̱ͦ̆͊̈̔̀̊͆͛̐ͨ̐̀̆̀̚̕s̜͍̳̟̻̰̟̬̘̖͉̳̥̗͎̹̻͌͑̓̓ͣ́͘͜͟͝͏̨͎̲̘̖͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏c̷̸̢̰̘̺͓̘̰̘̜̦̮̩͉̺̯̖̪̄ͩ̃̏̏ͪ̽̀͘ö̷̻̳͉̜̻͔̘̱̰̹͖̗̯́ͯ̋̒ͣ̈̌̑ͧ̂̇̈̂͆̎̒̒ͫͣ̀͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲<͏̨͎̲̘̖ͧ̄͊ͫ̒͌ͤͣ̌͋ͬ̉ ͏̨͎̲͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Okay?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Of course, it's just making detailed drawings take so much more time, so I'd rather just throw my ideas into quick sketches and work on them when I get time.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I probably had an idea for it when I drew her, but right now, I'm not quite sure! :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Slight progress on one of the sketches..

sketchfemalebackstep2.png

Are you sure they legs are too thin?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I thought so too, but it's sometimes hard to judge your own work. Thanks.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Right.. so I always wanted to do one of these!

68945d1257432792-sketching-where-did-i-drop-those-glasses.png

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I was referring to the composition, it's not particularly original to have a woman search for her glasses, an earring or whatnot on the floor - basically depicting a crawling woman.

I was hoping for some criticism on the sketch, besides I've been asked to post some more, so I needed something in a hurry. :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'll draw a big fat bloke soon, just for you TRD.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Meh.. having some fun with suits.

sketchmalegunslinger.jpg

The right leg (his left) look awkward, will work on that.

Level 9
Wow never actually looked at your art work. Its actually rather good. The sketching is done great. I've always been a fan of the messy look you get when sketching. Not to fond of pretty straight lines. Anyways all of them look good. Haha saw the suit one and though of Michael Jackson. Should totally do a sketch of him. Not that I'm a fan just would be funny haha. Anyways keep up the good work. Just hope your girl drawings don't get to revealing and the mods get mad. They look good just don't want to get them to be to showy.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks! Oh, and yeah, I'm not going any further into details than sketches like these, any finished drawings will wear clothes.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

As if it's a secret that I take inspiration from stocks? You'll find that I even suggest Marcus Ranum as a stock-artist in another thread here on the Hive.

Edit: Also some progress on that drawing.

sketchmalegunslinger2.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Working on something, perhaps for the concept art contest..

CAC4--Sketch.png

If you've got some ideas or tips throw them at me! Oh, and as for the contest, I could use some help with figuring out how to (d)evolve her. Else I'll just have to come up with something else for that.. was thinking of an awesome rabbit, but not sure (basically, I can't draw rabbits) yet.

Pardon the triple post please.. it's better than making a new thread anyway.

Level 23
Working on something, perhaps for the concept art contest..

CAC4--Sketch.png

If you've got some ideas or tips throw them at me! Oh, and as for the contest, I could use some help with figuring out how to (d)evolve her. Else I'll just have to come up with something else for that.. was thinking of an awesome rabbit, but not sure (basically, I can't draw rabbits) yet.

Pardon the triple post please.. it's better than making a new thread anyway.

Looks like someone dropped a piano on her/him? She/he is way to short, or else, her/his body is way to wide.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

nothing wrong with using a reference, but tracing from it doesn't teach you anything.. if you are eyeing proportions and mastering shapes then your teaching yourself a lot..

Most pro artists use a reference when making a proffesional image.. or even a Caricature (not ment to be character.)

Pardon me, but who says I'm tracing?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

the picture and your lines are completely identical, you're clearly just tracing.

I seriously doubt they are. Look, what I've done for most of these sketches, is that I've marked the joints and drawn the middle line between them, and then padded it with muscle, fat and skin. Sure, I've stolen the pose, but I'm not tracing the edge of any picture or drawing, and I'm not planning to copy the pieces altogether, I'm practising my skills in posing.

Level 8
i don't think he's tracingm, the lines are definetly not the same, and i think tracing would eliminate the need for a skeleton.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm a little stuck with the Amazon, not feeling the flow of inspiration, so I don't want to touch it in risk of ruining it. Thus I tried to throw together another dancer while I wait for creativity to strike me.

FREEDOMTWO.png

Edit: Also, a little insight in how I work when reproducing photos (that's not what I usually do the most [you probably noticed there's not many drawings I do that represent a real person or place], but I thought it'd be nice to put up something more.. seeing as this is my personal WIP thread).. I did a quickie, trying to draw Christina Aguilera.. last time I tried for a face was Megan Fox, and to be honest it progressed so badly I ragequit it. This would probably not be any good if I were to finish it either, but meh.. at least I can do the lines, getting soft shading like this done is a different study.. one that I haven't started on.

WIP Shots (pardon the size, PhotoBucket is being cruel):

ChristinaAguileraPortraitPROGRESS.png

A time-span of approximately 6 hours has passed, whereof 4-5h has been spent drawing. I consider this portrait done now, feel free to drop constructive criticism in a reply. I hope the progress of this post can show a bit about how I work my way from sketch to finished illustration. Enjoy!

ChristinaAguileraPortrait.png

FULL-SIZE WIP Shots can be viewed here: http://theus-smythe.deviantart.com/art/WIP-Shots-Christina-Aguilera-152916305
The illustration has also been uploaded to dA: http://theus-smythe.deviantart.com/art/Christina-Maria-Aguilera-152912722

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

.. going at the same technique again, this time portraying Amy Lee. [link]

InsightII-AmyLee-WIP1.png

Update :

InsightII-AmyLee-WIP2.png

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129