1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Draw a Awesome Boss - Win Stuff

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by Zpider, May 29, 2011.

1. Zpider

Zpider

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Bosses are the biggest, baddest, and strongest enemies in any video game. They control hordes of monsters, rule the land, and they usually take a lot of skill to defeat. We're challenging you to create a new colossus for the new massively multiplayer online role-playing game, RIFT."

http://news.deviantart.com/article/151243/

First Prize:
    $1,500 Cash Prize (USD)
    Wacom Intuos4 Medium Tablet
    8,000 deviantART Points
    dA PRO Digital Artist's Backpack
    deviantWEAR Hoodie of the Winner's Choice*
    1 Year Premium Membership to deviantART

Second Prize:
    $800 Cash Prize (USD)
    Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet
    5,000 deviantART Points
    DeviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice*
    6-Month Premium Membership to deviantART

Third Prize:
    $400 Cash Prize (USD)
    Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet
    3,000 deviantART Points
    deviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice*
    3-Month Premium Membership to deviantART

I cant draw shit, but I wish you all the best of luck if you decide to give it a shot. Just thought I should let you guys know.

2. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the information XD

here's my Wip for the contest

i'm entering it even if i know i have 0% chances to win this
    So, here's my Wip.. Earth... giant worm
    [​IMG]

I just hope there is no big worm in rift.. -.-

Attached Files:

• Rift.png
      Rift.png
      File size:
      269.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Zpider

Zpider

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, thankfully there are no sandworms in Rift... yet!
    I know it's just a WIP, but it looks a bit too much like a Dune Sandworm. Try to make it less "Dune Worm" and more whatever you come up with.

[​IMG]

World of Warcrafts version of bosses that burst out of the sand to attack their prey (NOTE: Avoid making anything that might in any way look similiar to those):
    Warcraft Bosses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is some inspirational pictures that might (or not) steer you on the right path:
    Some Pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some More Pictures
    [​IMG]
    ( better picture of the mouth ) [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Also, google picture "Sea Cucumber" for further inspirational pictures.

4. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    it's supposed to be a dune worm. i said Earth because it's in the category Earth.

there is 6 category. Earth, Water, fire, air, death, life.

5. Zpider

Zpider

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I understood that. What I ment was I think it is a splendid idea to make a dune worm. Just try to not make them look too similiar.

From the Semi-Finalists, the final three winners will be selected by a member(s) from Trion's creative team! All entries will be judged on the following criteria:

Originality
    Creative Expression of the Contest Challenge
    Overall Impact of the Work
    Technical Skill

6. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    yeah you right XD.. but anyways, it's not only lacking originality.. Technical skill, overall impact and creative expression is also lacking.. :O

7. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I think that if you want to make a good boss, you should draw something more scary (as in : what would scare the cr@p out of ya :) ) than a worm. I don't mean any offense, you do know how to draw and color very good, but in my opinion, worms are not that scary.. :) I myself won't compete, due to not being able (yet) to buy a tablet, but I just thought i should say this... Anyway, GL HF!

8. kola

kola

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think that's just not true, A very big thing that goes under my feet to jump out of the ground just like a fish and with razor sharp teeth a over his face.. This would probably scare the crap out of me XD...

anyways, i'm thinking of making a new concept.. don't know what i'm going to do yet.

also, is there a desert in rift?

9. Zpider

Zpider

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I might participate, just need a powerfull concept.. which I don't have right now :D