• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draw a Awesome Boss - Win Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
"Bosses are the biggest, baddest, and strongest enemies in any video game. They control hordes of monsters, rule the land, and they usually take a lot of skill to defeat. We're challenging you to create a new colossus for the new massively multiplayer online role-playing game, RIFT."

http://news.deviantart.com/article/151243/

First Prize:
$1,500 Cash Prize (USD)
Wacom Intuos4 Medium Tablet
8,000 deviantART Points
dA PRO Digital Artist's Backpack
deviantWEAR Hoodie of the Winner's Choice*
1 Year Premium Membership to deviantART

Second Prize:
$800 Cash Prize (USD)
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet
5,000 deviantART Points
DeviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice*
6-Month Premium Membership to deviantART

Third Prize:
$400 Cash Prize (USD)
Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Tablet
3,000 deviantART Points
deviantWEAR T-Shirt of the Winner's Choice*
3-Month Premium Membership to deviantART

I cant draw shit, but I wish you all the best of luck if you decide to give it a shot. Just thought I should let you guys know.

Level 31
Thanks for the information XD

here's my Wip for the contest

i'm entering it even if i know i have 0% chances to win this
So, here's my Wip.. Earth... giant worm
attachment.php

I just hope there is no big worm in rift.. -.-

Attachments

• Rift.png
    Rift.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 8,708
Level 9
No, thankfully there are no sandworms in Rift... yet!
I know it's just a WIP, but it looks a bit too much like a Dune Sandworm. Try to make it less "Dune Worm" and more whatever you come up with.

sandworm-size-chart.jpg

World of Warcrafts version of bosses that burst out of the sand to attack their prey (NOTE: Avoid making anything that might in any way look similiar to those):
Ouro.jpg

Sandreaver.jpg

Here is some inspirational pictures that might (or not) steer you on the right path:
article-1165930-03F7CCDE000005DC-686_468x332.jpg
LampreyPacificMouth%20CL04_1c.jpg
hagfish.jpg

dsc9555fe1.jpg

( better picture of the mouth )
28clw5x.jpg
)
2277427.jpg

EDIT: Also, google picture "Sea Cucumber" for further inspirational pictures.

Level 9
Yeah I understood that. What I ment was I think it is a splendid idea to make a dune worm. Just try to not make them look too similiar.

From the Semi-Finalists, the final three winners will be selected by a member(s) from Trion's creative team! All entries will be judged on the following criteria:

Originality
Creative Expression of the Contest Challenge
Overall Impact of the Work
Technical Skill

Level 6
Well, I think that if you want to make a good boss, you should draw something more scary (as in : what would scare the cr@p out of ya :) ) than a worm. I don't mean any offense, you do know how to draw and color very good, but in my opinion, worms are not that scary.. :) I myself won't compete, due to not being able (yet) to buy a tablet, but I just thought i should say this... Anyway, GL HF!

Level 31
Well, I think that if you want to make a good boss, you should draw something more scary (as in : what would scare the cr@p out of ya :) ) than a worm. I don't mean any offense, you do know how to draw and color very good, but in my opinion, worms are not that scary.. :) I myself won't compete, due to not being able (yet) to buy a tablet, but I just thought i should say this... Anyway, GL HF!

I think that's just not true, A very big thing that goes under my feet to jump out of the ground just like a fish and with razor sharp teeth a over his face.. This would probably scare the crap out of me XD...

anyways, i'm thinking of making a new concept.. don't know what i'm going to do yet.

also, is there a desert in rift?

Status
Not open for further replies.