• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 24

Attachments

• HeroChaosSeer_portrait.mdx
    56.9 KB · Views: 84
  • HeroChaosSeer.mdx
    123.9 KB · Views: 79
Level 27
[URL="WarRider]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/simple-model-workshop-230585/index80.html#post2614487[/URL]

Want to ask if someone had luck with my horse request xD.

Edit-

Ok working on Kyrbio siege beast, Five big plates in the back, several smaller on the tail and two spikes in the tail's end. About the head maybe widen a 20% and another plate with horns and the side.

On another note, Jebus non humanoid boneset is my nemesis xD

Edit2-

Well, Its crude but that is the general look i need to find the proper bones and made the gills smaller and change the texture for the Royal Guard texture, sugestions are welcome at this point.

Attachments

• Armored Lizard.PNG
    Armored Lizard.PNG
    237.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Armored Lizard2.PNG
    Armored Lizard2.PNG
    398.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 5
Hi, none answered my thread requesting texture replacement so I decided to ask you.

I'm requesting not that difficult task but I couldn't do it myself. I want you to change the selected stone wall textures on certain places with existing ingame wood textures as used on other parts of buildings. The names above pictures correspond to names of models in zip bellow.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

============================================================================================

I would really appreciate your help and if you have time and modeling skills I have one more request for you. I have these incomplete models wich are like missing the other half of it or just some parts wich I think can be easilly copied and pasted or whatever. Use the same textures as other parts of building. I or someone else can then put them in model's section when they are finished because it's pity to not have that great models on hive.
This one is missing just the end of it so it shouldn't be that difficult to finish or correct me if I'm wrong.
141018d1416778429-completion-few-models-texture-change-house5.jpg

This one is too missing just the end.
141019d1416778429-completion-few-models-texture-change-house6.jpg

This one is missing the other half of, front and back. I think this one might be tough. Here's also screen from WoW how the front/back looks like.
141020d1416778429-completion-few-models-texture-change-house7.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

============================================================================================
Download here: www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/requests-341/141023d1416256706-completion-few-models-texture-change-stormwind-houses.zip

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
^Dude, try Hidden tags?

Himperion said:
Ok working on Kyrbio siege beast,
Oh wow, thanks!* I wasn't expecting that (from someone else/so soon).

Himperion said:
On another note, Jebus non humanoid boneset is my nemesis xD
Yeah, lol.* Good thing I don't really need much/anything in the way of animation changes.

Himperion said:
Five big plates in the back, several smaller on the tail and two spikes in the tail's end. About the head maybe widen a 20% and another plate with horns and the side.

Edit2-

Well, Its crude but that is the general look i need to find the proper bones and made the gills smaller and change the texture for the Royal Guard texture, sugestions are welcome at this point.
Alright, looking interesting!* I like those spikes on the back of his tail, and I'm interested to see what the gills will look like with a retexture (royal guard, you said?).

I'm glad to see you getting started on those armor plates (in some ways (TC-issues primarily), the most important parts!).* I'm a little... 'confused' to see them poking straight up.* Even the WoW concept art (which I don't want to recreate/copy, merely gain inspiration from) has them lying flat.* The ones down the back of the tail are much better (more subtle, like raised, normal scales, though the gold trim is still kinda weird).

Next to that (as seen in the original post) is:
...All that would change is that unsightly-long mouth be shrunk back to 'normal'. ...
Take him back to his Dragonspawn-roots and shrink that mouth down to 'normal' proportions.* Especially important considering he bashes enemy buildings in with his skull. :D

Speaking of which, I did a bit more research & came up with a few more images that I hope will give you a better idea as to what I'm looking for:

My first series of images is kinda a rough idea of the sort of snout/head (& eventually, body) this guy should have (in order of importance, so #1 is the most-fitting):
Image.ashx
- **THIS GUY
Image.ashx
(nice armor plates)
Kalonian_Behemoth_M10.jpg
(also nice head plates)
Image.ashx
(gooey swamp beast?)

However, a bit more searching revealed the fact that all along, I've basically just been looking for a really good Wc3-interpretation of the Baloth from Magic: the Gathering (seriously, just Google Image Search "baloth").* Here, then, are two excellent examples of what this guy should look/feel like:
38200.jpg
- **PLUS THIS GUY
8LocgCpuSkyTFX48KQ62
(cool ram horns & skull-face; burly upper body)

And I just like the face on this one.* Not sure how it could happen with all of the above, but meh.
Image.ashx
(#swag)

On a side note, these two are some interesting takes on the whole "gill/fin" thing for the head.* The above is more important, but with whatever space is left, gills (like these?) might be the way to go.
113.jpg

183.jpg

Past all that...* I'm thinking you're on the right track.* I'll have to figure out whether/how much of his armor should be artificial "Trollish" armor (like big planks of hardened wood with voodoo symbols on it, placed by Trolls for protection).* If anything, maybe the scales can be regular-colored and the planks can have the TC.* Perhaps on the haunches?* Tail-ring?* Unsure.

I'll let you know.* Please let me know if all of the above makes sense/sounds good.* Thanks again for taking this on!

Level 24
Too many Request, and much to be like I and Retera are left in here working, sorry, cannot do all your requests, anyway,
This is what I've done with your Troll Tiki man Kyrbi0 :D

The skin is no problem as you may already have one,
heres what I've tweaked
+ Tweaked some of his muscles so he doesn't look buffy :>
+ Added Felguard animation Attack 2
And the glows, no idea on what you want on them, so I left them normally
:D

Attachments

• TikiIceMage_v2.mdx
    149.8 KB · Views: 74
Level 27
Too many Request, and much to be like I and Retera are left in here working, sorry, cannot do all your requests, anyway,

Lol if Retera add an AI to the matrix eater... better forget that, the poor thing is going to go in skynet mode in less than a week xD.

About the Lizard, there isn't a particular reason to the plates in the body being straight, simply ended in that way. But they can be flattened is needed so no problem here, what i don't known is the number is ok, or you want more/less?

For the troll armor part, well none of those images have armored legs, that is a good position for the wooden accesories.

The head is what have me thinking now. My first idea is something like my solution in the Cavalry, the gills and the horns appear from the sides of the head, and a big plate cover the upper part with a central spike in the end.

I wonder if there are good news about my horse xD

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44

The skin is no problem as you may already have one,
heres what I've tweaked
+ Tweaked some of his muscles so he doesn't look buffy :>
+ Added Felguard animation Attack 2
And the glows, no idea on what you want on them, so I left them normally
:D
Awexome! He looks swell. That Felguard animation is great (a little brutal for a caster, but hey). The musculature is really great, though; thanks (how did you do it!? I try to do stuff like that but really can't get it looking right!)

If you removed the main Hero Glow (or it was already gone), that's probably all it needs. I'll see it in-game. In the mean-time, I think the only thing left might be to send this guy to the barber... That is, I'm trying to think of a new hairstyle to give him. I don't want a race full of MOHAWKS-MOHAWKS-MOHAWKS, mirite?... But I'm not quite sure where to go.

I've already got a mohawk or two... Have a bald guy... saving dreadlocks for the Hero, and have a dread-tail for the flier... Thoughts?

About the Lizard, there isn't a particular reason to the plates in the body being straight, simply ended in that way. But they can be flattened is needed so no problem here, what i don't known is the number is ok, or you want more/less?
Ah, cool. As to the number... Not quite sure yet. Five seems reasonable... I'll have to wait to see what else happens to him to really see. Go ahead & stick with the five for now.

Himperion said:
For the troll armor part, well none of those images have armored legs, that is a good position for the wooden accesories.
I think/thought so, too. It seems like I'll have some other characters featuring that, so since this guy's a lowly Unit, I wanna try to aim for a less-exciting/Heroic version of that kind (of flank-plates).

While you could easily staple the Shadow Hunter mask/pauldrons on there, I'll request (if you can) a custom mesh (just some kind of jagged plate-armor-type deal; what you'd expect to see if you ripped off a piece of a tree :p).

Himperion said:
The head is what have me thinking now. My first idea is something like my solution in the Cavalry, the gills and the horns appear from the sides of the head, and a big plate cover the upper part with a central spike in the end.
Interesting. I looked at your Cavalry model & wasn't quite sure what you meant... So I'll just have to see it. However, my biggest desire is to see the face modded, then the "armored head" bit(s). Dunno about horns. That MtG 'Gnathosaur' and the first 'Leatherback Baloth' are good references for those two parts.

Thanks again! Let me know. : )

Level 27
Trying the armor for the backlegs in the lizard, i don't known to much TC for my tastes. At this point i'm thinking in use something like the torture table a simple piece of wood with bloodied nails and arrows/swords embeded to make it look like a trained beast.

About the second image, i was fooling with the matrix eater and manage to put Rexxar animations in Arthas skeleton, Spell slam have some clipping in the right pauldrum, and Walk looks too messy but ingame camera is nice enough.

Attachments

• Lizard.PNG
    Lizard.PNG
    250.1 KB · Views: 99
  • RunicChampion.PNG
    RunicChampion.PNG
    220.4 KB · Views: 119

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44

Lol. Well believe me, you'll thank me for it, heresy though it may be. :p

Someday

Trying the armor for the backlegs in the lizard, i don't known to much TC for my tastes. At this point i'm thinking in use something like the torture table a simple piece of wood with bloodied nails and arrows/swords embeded to make it look like a trained beast.
Ah, very good! I like the shape of that. (I wonder if there's a similar texture but without the gold trim & eyes?...)

I agree that it might just be too much TC... But while I like the ingenuity (torture table texture), I think I'm actually gonna suggest we try the opposite. Let's keep the "Artificial Armor" TC, and try & turn the "Natural Armor" into non-TC (not really a fan of the gold trim). Ah dannae what texture to use... Perhaps something from one of the Dragons? Ooh! Or the Naga Myrmidon/Royal Guard underbelly? That might be nice.

Also, while your texture swapping, don't forget to lay the plates down flat & reshape the skull.

Lookin' good!

Level 4
hi, this is a great workshop you have :D hopefully you can help me with my request

can I make a request of a small dragon (not familiar with the name :) ...I think it's dragon whelp? correct?) with faerie dragon butterfly wings?

so it's like removing the dragon whelp's wings and then combine it with butterfly wings

I'll try to handle the skin (my first time editing, though, I'm not sure about the result :( ).... thanks in advance!

to give you an illustration, the finished model will be like this:

Attachments

• farydrag.gif
    farydrag.gif
    24 KB · Views: 95
Level 8
Level 3
Level 3
Just use Fel Orc Crossbowman and import the grunt skin and set the path to Units\Demon\ChaosOrcRange\ChaosAxeThrower.blp and you have an orc crossbowman?
No really a grunt with a crossbow, it uses the chaos orc range model, which looks terrible imo.
Though I did try, when I said this:
This is actually my last resort, since editing this(For personal use only) ended up giving it a caved in head and a cape sliver tagging after the unit. :( : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ossbowman-48402/?prev=u=Frankster&r=20&page=6
it was because I had already went at that model.
Issues were:
Comical proportions with the skin, especially on the portrait.
Couldn't get rid of cape, after scaling all the points down a sliver of it still remained in game.
Couldn't seem to get rid of the clown hair with my -very- limited skillset.
Red diamond in the middle of the chest.

Level 5
Hi, I have another request this time but it's not that big. I just want you to modify this bridge so the pathway will be longer. You can see the red regions in wich the pavement should continue. And also if it is possibe after adding the pavement you should increase the bridge's length or shorten it's width or both. Just slightly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bridge problem.JPG
    bridge problem.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 374
  • Bridge.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 32
Level 5
sorry but I tried it ingame and it's not long enough and you also didn't expand the pavement to the region i've selected. try to make the bridge like 20% longer. Maybe it's my fault if I didn't give you clear instructions.

Attachments

• bridge.JPG
    bridge.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 83
Level 15
I need a few simple weapon swaps.

1) Melee bandit with ranged bandit's spear, so he attacks in melee. Animations may stay the same, doesn't matter.

2) Melee bandit with faceless one mace, scaled down to fitting size obviously.

3) Felguard with Paladin hammer

4) Militia with gnoll flail in weapon hand

5) Melee bandit with axe disappearing at the end of attack animation, so I can use him as axe thrower

and a few harder ones

5) somethithing like this but once again wielding spear

6) somethithing like this wielding spear too

last two would have to be imitations, since I haven't got permissions to edit originals

reputation will be lavishly given =)

Level 24
sorry but I tried it ingame and it's not long enough and you also didn't expand the pavement to the region i've selected. try to make the bridge like 20% longer. Maybe it's my fault if I didn't give you clear instructions.

Oh, almost forgot, well, can you put a Village house and put the desired length you want in red color so I can see what length do you want

Level 19
Could I request a fel orc lancer riding a nether dragon?

Edit: Another request is RoC War Wagon remove the cannon on top of it and replace it will gold which makes it look like a mining cart

Last edited:
Level 24
I need a few simple weapon swaps.

1) Melee bandit with ranged bandit's spear, so he attacks in melee. Animations may stay the same, doesn't matter.

2) Melee bandit with faceless one mace, scaled down to fitting size obviously.

3) Felguard with Paladin hammer

4) Militia with gnoll flail in weapon hand

5) Melee bandit with axe disappearing at the end of attack animation, so I can use him as axe thrower

and a few harder ones

5) somethithing like this but once again wielding spear

6) somethithing like this wielding spear too

last two would have to be imitations, since I haven't got permissions to edit originals

reputation will be lavishly given =)

I will do the last two later
(the file is down below, the name is MultiReq)

someone can make, one purple healing wave?

The file here below, if you want the lightning, use the blp file, I'm sure you may already know the path

Attachments

• MultiReq.rar
    235.4 KB · Views: 71
  • PurpleHealBeam.blp
    23.1 KB · Views: 59
  • PurpleHealingWaveTarget.mdx
    7.3 KB · Views: 105

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I will do the last two later...
Hey there, did you have any thoughts about the top of this remark? (quoted here for your convenience):

Awexome! He looks swell. That Felguard animation is great (a little brutal for a caster, but hey). The musculature is really great, though; thanks (how did you do it!? I try to do stuff like that but really can't get it looking right!)

If you removed the main Hero Glow (or it was already gone), that's probably all it needs. I'll see it in-game. In the mean-time, I think the only thing left might be to send this guy to the barber... That is, I'm trying to think of a new hairstyle to give him. I don't want a race full of MOHAWKS-MOHAWKS-MOHAWKS, mirite?... But I'm not quite sure where to go.

I've already got a mohawk or two... Have a bald guy... saving dreadlocks for the Hero, and have a dread-tail for the flier... Thoughts?