• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Showcase Your Project On MakeMeHost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Notice: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ect-makemehost-271041/index3.html#post2789678

logo.png

Suggest to have your map on the Hive Workshop project list on MakeMeHost.com! MakeMeHost in return will link back to your map page, development thread, or hosted project forum on that list. You can find, then host MMH's partner site maps here. This process will usually take up to a day max as I and aRt)Y, MMH webmaster, will be doing this manually.

Requirements for approval:
- You may only suggest your own map
- Must be an approved map or in development; it cannot be pending or rejected
- For approved maps, it must either have a four star or higher user rating of at least five votes or a 4 star or higher moderator rating
- For maps in development, the thread must have at least 60 posts - Amendment: 50%+ of the posts have to be from multiple non-project members
- If you have your own MMH mapper account, your map must not be claimed by you
- Must be multiplayer and under 8 mbs

FAQ:
What if I want to suggest an updated version?
- You post about it here or PM me, StoPCampinGn00b
What if I want to delete a map / previous version?
- You can post about it here or PM me
Why the post requirement for map development threads?
- This helps funnel the better quality maps to be recognized for the work that has been put in them
Is there a limit to how many versions of my map I have up at the same time?
- The limit is 1 but it is negotiable
Is there a limit to how many maps Hive can claim?
- 10 per day, no limit for the total (as of October 19)

Current Notes:
- The news about this is already up on the current page

DISCLAIMER:
This list is not for fast makemehost.com uploading. This is for spotlighting Hive's projects on a place which gets traffic from the online Warcraft 3 community (battle.net community). If you would like instant map uploading on MMH along with a few other mapper features, apply for a makemehost mappers account.

Last edited:
Level 32
I doubt the minimum would be sufficient, take my thread of the old days for example.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/slalom-wars-260751/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/andromaths-journey-234165/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/under-burning-sky-remake-248229/
They all sufficient for 30 posts rules (the last with 63 posts), but sure they have the quality?
I originally had it at 50. 50 it is. Thanks for the comment! I previously had no criticism on this and I think yours is very valid, Daffa.

Level 32
I am kind of concerned about this as well, 50 posts.. is.. well basically nothing.

A map in development that is well presented will easily get 50 replies, but the map itself can be absolute crap.

Bumped it up to 60 and added an amendment:
: 50%+ of posts must be from non-project members

I think that should do it and it's final. I want to give some of the newer guys a chance I think that's fair after taking a look at all the 50+ multiplayer threads for the first four pages. There aren't that many. Thanks for the input!

Level 32
I suggest my Pudge Hook Wars (+AI)
It has strategic factor, fun to play, supports FFA and Team play, great graphics, a lot of items and buyable abilities.

Map is eligible due to the user ratings.

Turns out that someone has already suggested it on makemehost who knows how long ago and is on the database. It'll take a few hours for it to appear on the list.

EDIT: Wow, aRt)Y was fast. It's already up. http://makemehost.com/partner-maps.php

Last edited:
Level 32
How can I actually apply for a mappers login?
Also, where DO I login to upload a new version?

1. The bottom link
2. makemehost.com/mappers for personal, private accounts. Do note that yahoo mail may not work, but gmail always does. With this mapper account you can check how many times it's hosted, the last time it was hosted, delete maps, and of course, instantly upload if it's not already uploaded.

Your map is already up though, so I'd have to delete it from the Hive-owned list if you want it for youeself at any moment.

@gadina prokleta, it's up and linked :)

Level 32
Whoa.. Got to have 4 or higher stars to be added into a list of thousands of random map names? I even wonder how can my map get noticed by the others there? :3 I think MMH must be a super elite map making community after reading those requirements.
If you actually clicked the links, you'd know that these would be the maps that represent the Hive. It's funny because your Glideon is on Diplo's list ^^

@1)ark
3.11 has already been uploaded, probably requested by a random suggestor. So it'll likely take a few hours for aRt)Y to check his email and transfer it.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
If you actually clicked the links, you'd know that these would be the maps that represent the Hive. It's funny because your Glideon is on Diplo's list ^^

@1)ark
3.11 has already been uploaded, probably requested by a random suggestor. So it'll likely take a few hours for aRt)Y to check his email and transfer it.

On Diplo I can still give presentations about my map but on MMH? It's just bunch of map names. We don't have idea what those maps are about.

Level 32
I suggest my map Forsaken Bastion's Fall

Thx for supporting us map makers!!!

Hey Pred, you didn't read the full requirements. Could you please remove the map from your mapper account? It needs to be unclaimed before Hive can claim it.

Quilnez said:
On Diplo I can still give presentations about my map but on MMH? It's just bunch of map names. We don't have idea what those maps are about.
Okay?

@1)ark_NiTe
Map and link is up.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm ok if Cruiser Command, Solar Conquest and Naval Battle is being put there. I won't probably do updates in near future, but maybe at some time later, but no promises. I'm pretty inactive for now.

Naval Battle is pretty unknown map for most people, but its a map with great active pirate style AoS map based on the Battleships map, with projectile cannons which makes it kinda like a snowball game version of battleships.

(I couldn't access my mapper account atm.)

Level 5
I'd love it if Hive used my map, Roguelike, as part of its representation.
It meets the requirements and I feel like it never hurts to get more people aware of it. I'm pretty sure that MMH has the map on it already, though that seems to be the case with a number of the maps on the featured list.
The map itself is a dungeon crawling RPG with high replay-ability due to the fact that a great majority of it is randomized each time you play.

Level 32
@TKF Awesome. Missile War, Solar Conquest, Cruiser Command, and Naval Battle are all up but not linked yet

@DeathdruidX
Sorry for the delay. That version is already uploaded by an anonymous player and it seems like MMH has been a bit busy to transfer the map. Hopefully it'll be transferred soon.

@Xtrhero
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.