• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Final steps of my Map, File Size issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK, so i spent 2ish years on and off making a custom game, and i want to use makemehost to host it. only problem is that my map size is way too big. Other maps on MMH are bigger than mine, but they had to do a trick with the dll files of the game to trick it into allowing a larger size map to be hosted. I dont know ho to do this trick, but i know someone out there has to know. Any help would be appreciated. Also, im looking for a test audience, its called Alternate Middle Earth (RP) you dont have to rp but hey do as you wish. The factions are already set up, i have another post that tells all about it. Thanks guys, exited for you guys to see my work!

Level 2
Thanks! its like 14.4 megabytes... lot of work. I read that post, but i don't exactly understand how to get it to work, i download the link thing...then what? also, im having problems hosting from my PC, i opened the ports but its still kicking people as soon as they join. If i could get a hosting service, i would be set!

Level 19
you can't. you have to compress graphics and optimize every possible model. you have to use widgetizer if you didn't and vex' map optimizer to compress the script. if that's not enough, you have to get rid of least valuable files until size drops to 8 mb

Level 2
Well i had to make a decision on how to make the map smaller, and for some reason i had a song from LOTR that was taking up 6MB, so now i should be able to submit it! thanks for all the help and sorry im an idiot and didnt think about the file size of a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.