• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i have recently finished a map. It has a minimap preview image, and a custom loading screen, and it also has many custom skins and a model. I finally finished it today, and now when i try to host it, after i click make game, it tells me the file size is too large and to please select another map. Anyone know something i can do to make it smaller? Thanks.

Level 18
The upload file size on this side is pretty high, i have seen a 32mb big map (it was a trailor, i found it very nice but i format and have lost it, i want it but i cant find the post in the forum section, at an mod: if you can easier search the file pls pm me i want to have this "trailer" :) ) i dont know really the mapupload maximum size but it is big.. on b.net the maximum limit is 4mb if your map is bigger it comes these error who has koldzore. so remove some imported files or anything like that and make your map under 4mb. When u do that u can open your map in the b.net. for normal singleplayer wc3 u can open maps with mapsize above 4mb ;)

Level 2
i removed everything i could from imports and its still too big. maybe someone could help me by making the custom loading screen one image instead of 4? (i can't do it with the programs i have) PM if so, any other ideas on how to make the map smaller?

Level 9
To be used on battle.net maps must not exceed 4mb.

The best way to implement a loading screen is by using WE unlimited in my opinion. You can just load in a .jpg file there, and it will convert it to Tga and split it up in 4 pieces (which is always required).
Totally takes 600kb.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hmmm I was just wondering, there was a guy who could make a map 480x480 :shock: with WEU! Even if I try to do it, it is not possible for me (if i turn horizontal to 480 the vertical turns to 32 and vice-versa :? )
I was wondering how to do it. :shock:

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.