• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
the%20hive%20workshop.png

paired.png
short%20story.png
contest.png
number.png
5.png

Dual Perspective
Partners

Entrants are required to produce a 7000 word or less Short Story that takes place from two perspectives, each roughly half of the story. These two perspectives must be a pair of some sort. (Lovers, Criminals, Mercenaries, Drug Store Clerks, Ect.)

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Entries must be over 2000 words but under 7000. If your story exceeds this slightly it may still be accepted provided the submission still follows all the other rules below. Submissions that are under 2000 words will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  • All work must be the entrants own. No plagiarism of any kind!
  • Submissions must satisfy the stated theme.
  • Entrants must submit atleast 1 WiP of their work before the deadline.
  • All entries must be written in well structured English prose. Any entries not written in good english will be rejected.
  • All entries must follow THW Rules.
  • You must have fun while writing your tale!

prizes.png

First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon​

judges.png

Tell us if you want to judge!​

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Plot And Foreshadowing
Was your plot intriging? was it well structured, thought out and executed? Was it linear or did it have plot twists? Was it confusing or Straightforward? Did you provide forshadowing for events? How well executed was it? Was it Boring and unoriginal, or did you make somthing fresh happen?
25 Points

Characterization
How well developed were your Characters? Were they well structured, interesting, and balanced? Did they capture the readers imagination? Were they original, or did they follow common archetypes? were they over-dramatized? Did one character have too much influence over the plot? Were the characters underutilized, and have too litte influence? Did you care and/or feel for them? Did your Pair work well together? Did they fit within the framework of your story?
25 Points

Descriptions
Were your Descriptions eloquently scripted? Did they make sense, and capture the readers imagination, Did you use proper english? Did the descriptions rely on one factor or another? were they repetitive? Is there enough action between descriptions? Do they change from perspective to perspective? Do they change too much or too litte? Were they too heavy, or too light? Did they bog the reader down or continue to advance the story?
25 Points

Perspective and Contrast
Did the Perspectives contrast well? Were they portrayed equally? Was the perspective unique, or were they too similar? Did all events happen the same from both perspectives? Did they happen differently? Is the feel of the story the same? Is it different? Too different? Do the perspectives assits Characterization, Description and Plot?
25 Points

• 75% of this contest's Results will be from judging.
  • 25% will be a public Poll.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

The Contest will begin on November 8th and proceed until October 8th, 11:59 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
@Vengeancekael maybe THW want to see the teamwork in it's members...Or maybe it's just coincidence xD

ON: Nice contest...If this gets approved I'd like to join...but I must find a partner(and in my situation - I mean low rep point...No implication in any project/(story writing-By this I don't mean that I never writen stories) - I don't think that any member would want to work with me)

Level 20
@TWIF
Lol, I noticed how you waited till you got a few positive comments before admitting that ;)
I like your style <3

@ Kael - It'd only be the 5th SSC? How many modelling contests have their been? ;)
As for the pairing, I think it's a good motivator, I personally feel more inclined to finish something If I have someone supporting AND depending on me.

@ Py - Yes it will for better or for worse ^^

@ Lex - I don't know... If I did it, the main thing I'd look for in a partner is proof of persistence/devotion, better a crap entered piece than 1,000 words of awesome shiz (2k min). I'm sure at least a few will agree with me, if not I'm sure you won't be the only "low" rep person anyway ;)

Level 17
When you say from two perspectives, does this mean the perspective of two characters, or just two authors?

Level 20
When you say from two perspectives, does this mean the perspective of two characters, or just two authors?

Two characters and though it's obviously intended that each author writes one perspective, it's not a stone fixed rule, in some ways it's probably better if you didn't do that - seeing as each and every person will write in different ways.

You don't want a story that swaps style halfway through :p

Status
Not open for further replies.