• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Here is a ship I made. The structure of the ship was made from in-game models and the table no legs model, and the decoration, sails, masts, etc was from olofmoleman's ship pack. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• Ship1.jpg
    Ship1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Ship2.jpg
    Ship2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Ship3.jpg
    Ship3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Ship4.jpg
    Ship4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 318
  • ship5.jpg
    ship5.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 297
  • ship6.jpg
    ship6.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 236
  • ship7.jpg
    ship7.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 249
Level 35
Looks nice.I suggest make it day so we can see some more details because some pictures are too dark.

Inded.. Well made... I have seen something like this before, but this looks much more like a real ship (although the back is kinda to big).

btw: Out of interrest how do you actualy rotate thos barrels on the the other end... meaning if this was a barrel = | then how do you rotate it this way: /

Know you can do it with a model edit, but is there a way to do it with th editor only? There isnt right ?:wscrolleyes:

Inded.. Well made... I have seen something like this before, but this looks much more like a real ship (although the back is kinda to big).

btw: Out of interrest how do you actualy rotate thos barrels on the the other end... meaning if this was a barrel = | then how do you rotate it this way: /

Know you can do it with a model edit, but is there a way to do it with th editor only? There isnt right ?:wscrolleyes:

You are quoting me a lot lately!:wsmile:

Level 35
Level 37
Why do you post dark pictures if we can't see much? I would like to give you some suggestion but I can't see so good. However, I have one suggestion: next time take "day" pictures.

But what I can see, the ship looks good, nice wooden ship with lot of space for peasants!

Btw, look this picture, it's how I see your sixth picture. I can't see a thing!

Attachments

• TEST.jpg
    TEST.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 144
Level 34
I can see them fine as well.

The ship is pretty awesome Bob, but I think it could use more doodads yet. Lanterns for sure! Add some to the back of the ship as well as a window of some sort. Seeing as how you made this, I think you could come up with a brilliant window.

Level 24
Looks nice.I suggest make it day so we can see some more details because some pictures are too dark.

I'll see if I can post some lighter versions of the terrain, but the idea was to give it a bit of atmosphere, and make everything really dark :)

Go to Art, then edit the Max Roll Angle. I set it to -0.85. To be able to have negative values in it you'll have to hold down shift, and then double click on it.

Yay!Bob27 on the 6th pic what is the flag doing there?

The flag looks fine to me.

Decent, but lacks detail. It is more like a clean version of a ghost ship.

Yea i'll try and add some more detail to it then, and re-post it.

Very sweet, great use of barrels. Lol by the off chance, do you know how many barrels it took you to make that ship? And yeah, how do you rotate doodads like you did? People have told me but it never makes sense to a Terrain n00b like me :p

took me 139 barrels all up :)

I can see them fine as well.

The ship is pretty awesome Bob, but I think it could use more doodads yet. Lanterns for sure! Add some to the back of the ship as well as a window of some sort. Seeing as how you made this, I think you could come up with a brilliant window.

Window sounds like a great idea, i'll have a crack at it and update this thread when i've got something.

Level 24
Ok heres a lighter version for all those people who have been complaining about the darkness so much. Haven't made any changes yet, just the lighting.

Attachments

• ShipDay1.jpg
    ShipDay1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 148
  • ShipDay2.jpg
    ShipDay2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 151
  • ShipDay3.jpg
    ShipDay3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ShipDay4.jpg
    ShipDay4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 106
  • ShipDay5.jpg
    ShipDay5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 98
  • ShipDay6.jpg
    ShipDay6.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 78
  • ShipDay7.jpg
    ShipDay7.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 101
Level 35
Very pretty. Is this walkable or movable aswell? or is it only a terrain?

Is it moveable?

Take a good look at it.... :fp:

After a while you will notice the barrels (Ya I know they are hard to see, because Bob made such an awesome work)

Then this thought will flow through your head: Can lots of wc3 barrels (which is a doodad) move around?

After a while you will then come to the conclusion: Barrels cant move = This ship cant move and must then be a terrian. :wgrin:

Is it walkable?

By the look of it I would say no.. for the most parts of it, as it would be kinda hard work to make it all walkable. But Realy I dont know.

Level 34
Although RED BARON is probably right, I bet you could move it, and it could be walkable (as you already stated). If you made all those barrels units and triggered them to move as a unit. It would be hard, a waste of time, and pointless, but it's possible.

Although WC has problems moving too many units in a trigger.

Level 25
Making it moveable would require a ton of work in JASS. He'd have to trigger each and every object of the ship to move to a specific region or something and he'd probably end up having to make the whole ship made out of units disguised as parts of the ship and decorations. There's also that huge obstacle too when the ship moves, making the objects move precisely with the ship would be difficult and very time consuming. This would most likely make the ship unwalkable, but doable if he managed to spend a lot of time and effort into it.

I've never seen anyone do anything like it before, so it'd be totally new experience. I recommend you don't do it and leave it as a bunch of doodads forming the ship, rather than making them move and risking a lot.
You can perhaps use custom water effects to cause the illusion as if the ship were actually moving, and maybe with the help of good camera work as well. I'd recommend that one.

Otherwise, just leave it alone and do your stuff... but the addition of a movement kind of feel to the ship and its atmosphere would be a really good idea and I think it can be done a lot easier with water effects and other visuals, rather than coding the entire ship and moving each piece.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Awesome.

Will you end up making the ship actually mobile and move across the sea!? Will you create water illusions in an attempt to trick the viewer to make it seem that the ship is actually moving, though it really isn't.

~Craka_J

Level 34
It looks very nice, and no; I'm not working on my ship anymore. :(
It's too hard and timespending to put every part by part.

Ow and Bob, try this for shape for the hull V V

__.__I===
__.__I===
__.__I===
-___/I\___
(----T----)
(----H----)
(__./0\___)
./-00.00-\
|-.-0..0--|
-\-.-.I.--/---<---- This part. V-shaped, it looks still like a brick now.
~~~~~~~

Like my textart? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.