• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Making) Unit Enter (Neutral) Transport Ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do i make my unit enters a netural passive ship?
Im making a Rpg map. I made a dialog (if i want to sail to the island?)
There are 2 options yes or no. When i Select yes my unit wont enter the ship.
But if i make the ship my unit it works. But i want the ship to be netural passive.
How to make my unit enter even if it is a netural passive ship ?
Sorry for bad english

Level 8
Yes I agree that is probably easiest, although if you REALLY want it to be neutral passive I guess you would have to fart around with hiding units and what not. Here's a suggestion:

• Board Ship
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Board_Ship_Dialog
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Dialog_Yes_Button
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Board Ship <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of Human Transport Ship 0000 <gen>)
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Hide (Picked unit)
          • Sound - Play Loading <gen>
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Center of Unload <gen>)
          • -------- Now you should time your boat's journey, just get a stop watch out when testing your map. --------
          • Wait 15.00 seconds
          • -------- Replace the 15 with however long your boat takes. --------
          • Unit - Unhide (Picked unit)
          • Sound - Play Loading <gen>
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of Unload <gen>)
This should replecate the boarding sequence reasonably well. Board Ship and Unload are just quite small regions around the boat will be stationary on each side. Obviously you would need to make a second similar trigger for the return journey aswell, but just change the regions about for that.

Really would be easier just to do as Squiggy said though :grin: You can set it's colour to represent Neutral aswell if you do that, the only downside is shared vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.