• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seth's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Whoa, the most impressive thing is that you often finish your maps, that's quet rare:)

Also epic amount of effort, hope to see this one and your future works soon
Thank you for your positive reply, I hope it will be my best project so far. :)
Finally completed the inventory Cover. :D it took me quite a few times of different designs to find a fitting one. Apparently this one looks pretty matching with the rest of the UI. I've also edited the Egyptian letters and symbols on the UI. What do you think? is it better, or the previous one is better? =)
It looks wonderful! Now it feels like gameplay would not be as amazing as UI itself, haha. You can send me it whenever you are ready to.

Level 12
Thanks for the compliment guys. really appreciate it. ;) I'll try to compile them as soon as possible. The layers in the file are pretty messed up. lol. I'll take my time so that there won't be anymore problems. :D Can't wait to see a screenie that shows the UI while playing.

Level 31
Another terrain update, it is an area in which a boss fight takes place, model of its boss shall be the one that is being showed as Seth's image in cinematics, as Seth gonna be replaced with PROXY's one. Two unit models in the middle are only statue doodads, these are not units. Orb on top of that altar may shoot beams so hero will be forced to avoid it. Hope you guys like it.
78583123.png

Can't wait to see a screenie that shows the UI while playing.
So I am. :)

Level 31
Awesome terraining piece.
Thank you. :)
The two wow models don't really fit in, it's the first time I see you "overusing" different types of models, maybe because also you do it in a very small area.
Hmm, honestly I find it fiting there, it looks really alright in the game. Was it the green color that didn't seem right? Model itself is egyptish and stone-like. Yes, I might be overusing some models, but it is only because I lack in its variation, I am looking for more models at every web, but it is really hard to find something fiting so perhaps this time I pulled many of current ones into one spot, hehe, but it looks good ingame in my opinion. Fog would be slightly grey during the game and not yellowish. The only problem I see there are walls, seem to be too empty and blurry though.
Seth model is close to finish.!
Truly good news. :)

Edit: Here it is from a different angle, personally I think it looks decent despite models from a different opera.
clipboard6y.png

Last edited:
Level 51
The model itself is fitting, but the textures, which come from the cataclysmic "texture set" of wow, which is even more detailed and comic-alike then the earlier ones, does really not fit in there. Check out the egypt models from classic, they should fit way better.

What I meant with the overusing: You're not overusing the models itself, but the "mixing". In the earlier screens you are always mixing the models that fit together, but in these ones I got the feeling like you took ALL models you got and put it in there, which looks quite weird as there are SO many different colours.

For example: BEIGE sand, PURPLE tiles, RED pillars, GREEN, BLACK, statues, GOLDEN WHITE decoartions, GREEN archways, BROWN moria doodads.

It clashes somehow.

Level 31
The model itself is fitting, but the textures, which come from the cataclysmic "texture set" of wow, which is even more detailed and comic-alike then the earlier ones, does really not fit in there. Check out the egypt models from classic, they should fit way better.
You mean blurry texture and high quality texture in the picture collide? Well, this model is from Cataclysm and there are no other of this kind and texture.
What I meant with the overusing: You're not overusing the models itself, but the "mixing". In the earlier screens you are always mixing the models that fit together, but in these ones I got the feeling like you took ALL models you got and put it in there, which looks quite weird as there are SO many different colours.

For example: BEIGE sand, PURPLE tiles, RED pillars, GREEN, BLACK, statues, GOLDEN WHITE decoartions, GREEN archways, BROWN moria doodads.

It clashes somehow.
Hehe, it might be a problem if these colors would clash, but you take these colors too serious. I mean that all that purple, black, brown can be given one word - dark color, why to separate it. What I see is green and colors going brighter from black-to-brown-to-sand-to-white - I would call it one color just with different gamma, hehe. Overally there are sights of black, white and green, ground is black with white spots, monument is green with white spots. I consider it overally, not as precisely one strict color.

I respect your opinion even though I cannot agree with one. :)

Level 1
Another terrain update, it is an area in which a boss fight takes place, model of its boss shall be the one that is being showed as Seth's image in cinematics, as Seth gonna be replaced with PROXY's one. Two unit models in the middle are only statue doodads, these are not units. Orb on top of that altar may shoot beams so hero will be forced to avoid it. Hope you guys like it.
78583123.png

So I am. :)

Nice and neat terrain. Keep it up and wish this game will be released soon!:thumbs_up:

Level 12
The UI tiles is nearly finished, the only problem is the Time Indicator part. Not sure what went wrong. It's blank. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
attachment.php

p/s: quality of screenie is reduced for faster upload. Having some line issues and lack of time due to personal stuffs.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102612_165700_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102612_165700_01.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 271
Level 31
Nice and neat terrain. Keep it up and wish this game will be released soon!
Thanks.
The UI tiles is nearly finished, the only problem is the Time Indicator part. Not sure what went wrong. It's blank. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Oh, I see, perhaps it got something to do with these light bubbles representing time of the day, just wondering. Take your time if you need it, map is not too close to finishing so no rush is needed. :)

Edit: Another terrain update, it feels like I am uploading every corner of each place currently, hehe, but I think it is worthy to be shown. This time some people may not hold it egyptish-like, it do not really look egyptish to me either, but it is my interpretation and it gives a nice variation to the terrain and environment art, so few rooms of the kind would not ruin it. Personally I like it, it turned out to be slightly better than imagined.
51384561.png

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@APproject
A tip:
At the base of big objects as seen in this terraining piece it would be a good idea to put minor objects to support it. We do not want to go from 1 to 10 with the eye, we feel more comfertable going from 1 to 3 to 4 to 7 to 8 to 10.

I suggest adding some kind of rotten roots or other plants around and on top of the big objects to support the word "Ancient" and make the transaction smoother.

I feel that it is needed on the walls surrounding the piece as well. Feel free to spread them out on the ground too, I believe it would greatly approve this piece.

Level 8
Hm... I don't think plants would work very well, as this is Egypt. Plants don't grow too well in Egypt, especially ivy or moss, unless in a VERY hydrated place, like a well attended garden, or maybe near the banks of the Nile.

attachment.php

p/s: quality of screenie is reduced for faster upload. Having some line issues and lack of time due to personal stuffs.

The time indicator don't use RaceUITile01.blp, RaceUITile02.blp, RaceUITile03.blp and RaceUITile04.blp for texture. Uses the RaceUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp, so this texture is the problem.

Level 12
@Anvil, I do use the correct path. ;) but after thinking before I slept yesterday, ( I have a tendency to think alot before sleeping, when I'm lying on my bed. Hope that's normal D:) I think the culprit is the model. I've removed the time indicator model, but then I recall that IT IS the model that uses the TimeIndicatorFrame.blp! :D Well, at least that's what i recall. I'll test it soon. ;)

EDIT:
Looks like it's exactly what I expected. :grin: I've fixed it and I even retained and slightly moved the glowing-thingy. I've also edited the glow color. (I only know how to edit models, not make one. So no request for model making. Sorry bout that.) Now it makes the Horus Symbol looks like it's glowing and purging evil! :D I'll send it over to APproject via PM. ;)
Here's a screenie to show the complete UI plus the glowing horus symbol in action.
attachment.php

Attachments

• UIfinal.jpg
    UIfinal.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Level 31
god damn, good job
Thanks. :)
@APproject
A tip:
At the base of big objects as seen in this terraining piece it would be a good idea to put minor objects to support it. We do not want to go from 1 to 10 with the eye, we feel more comfertable going from 1 to 3 to 4 to 7 to 8 to 10.

I suggest adding some kind of rotten roots or other plants around and on top of the big objects to support the word "Ancient" and make the transaction smoother.

I feel that it is needed on the walls surrounding the piece as well. Feel free to spread them out on the ground too, I believe it would greatly approve this piece.
That sounds like a good idea to me, especially when I am about to make a place in which roots plays an important role at terraining, I guess you just read my mind, hehe. I may update it. Thanks.
Hm... I don't think plants would work very well, as this is Egypt. Plants don't grow too well in Egypt, especially ivy or moss, unless in a VERY hydrated place, like a well attended garden, or maybe near the banks of the Nile.
Well you are right about that, but I'll try not to represent the very green life there, only some fat yellowish roots that comes from really big trees that grows in some places in the temple, it is like a hole, you may leave temple and enter room which is outside, yet surrounded by temple walls, there may be a big barrens tree and vast roots. It doesn't sound realistic, yet it may look good. I guess without an interpretation this world would be really blunt.
I'll send it over to APproject via PM. ;)
Here's a screenie to show the complete UI plus the glowing horus symbol in action.
I've received the message and updated the map, it looks great! It gives truly better feeling to it. Sadly it is only a credit that I can give you. Thank you. :)
Now this needs a Cursor :p
I have thought about that too, only if AL0NE is be willing to take the task. I was thinking of a simple human cursor remake, just recolored and added few bands, making it look like mummy's hand - same human cursor, but white stripped and few strips hanging without green meat shivering or something. What do you guys think?

Level 31
Maybe you should make it an undead cursor remake. More skeletal there. If you add some wrappings around it and make it more tan, it would look just like a mummy.
This may work out just fine as well. :)

Here is the updated version, it looks not so empty now with these roots, but it may give a feeling that there are too many of these roots, but it don't ruin it in my opinion. I also dislike the green fog coming from a root model, oh well. Here is also an UI ingame, not much difference from AL0NE's picture though. :)

191gc.png

clipboard8s.png

Level 17
The amount of love and admiration I have for you and this project is ridiculous. Keep up the great work!

Level 31
Quick progress occuring with Seth's Reign, getting pumped for release =D
Yes, today I am doing a big progress compared to the rest of the days since it is weekend. Release is not close yet, I am predicting its release on december at the moment, but it is only some thoughts. I'll try my best to release it this year though.
The amount of love and admiration I have for you and this project is ridiculous. Keep up the great work!
Woah, I truly appreciate it. :)

And so another terrain update. From this angle it looks rather messy, but even 4 entrances are located in this area. This area will be discovered by leaving the dark tunnels of a tomb, there will be 2 areas of this kind, it will serve as a crossroad in this case.
16106829.png

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@APproject
Oh wow. I love this piece. It's like "A moment to breathe" or "A moment to collect myself"
I love the fact that it's kind of chaos but still very light. It really represents the quote "Calm before the storm" or rather ... calm inside the storm.

Aww the roots reaching for the light, the tree providing comfort saying "You are safe for now" ... brilliant.

Quote:
Maybe you should make it an undead cursor remake. More skeletal there. If you add some wrappings around it and make it more tan, it would look just like a mummy.
This may work out just fine as well. :)

I made one... just for fun. Has a ribbon simulating the bandage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cursor.jpg
    Cursor.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 274
Level 31
@APproject
Oh wow. I love this piece. It's like "A moment to breathe" or "A moment to collect myself"
I love the fact that it's kind of chaos but still very light. It really represents the quote "Calm before the storm" or rather ... calm inside the storm.

Aww the roots reaching for the light, the tree providing comfort saying "You are safe for now" ... brilliant.
An interesting understanding, didn't think about it while making, guess it suit this way just fine. Thank you, Sverkerman. :)
I made one... just for fun. Has a ribbon simulating the bandage.
This looks nice.

Level 31
I make it just for fun. Is not only the texture, this needs the model I modify, also has a custom ribbon texture. Anyway, you should use the AL0NE's cursor because Im sure he will make it fit with the UI. Thanks for your comment, keep the work on this project. :)
Oh, I see. No problem, thank you for your support, Anvil. :)

And yet another terrain update, haha. This time it is a hidden place found in the temple, it will be discovered during the very last and the most complex quest of the map, except for the main quest. It is a narrow rocky path with sprouting water, I know, water in Egypt? Only Nile. But let's say this place is unique with it. There also will be a hidden artifact, one of the five most powerful items and the last to discover. These are glass statues by Sin'dorei300, I was planning to create this kind of area by the time of release of glass statue model. :)
42600811.png

Edit: Added Rotten Staff to two giant statues as a wielding weapon.

Last edited:
Level 31
I haven't checked this thread for a while and WOW you are doing amazing progress gj!!:O
OH GOODAMNOSOMNESS! The... Everything is awesome!
Thank you, guys. :)

AL0NE made Menu UI fiting to the rest of UI, it may create even better atmosphere.

I am planning to finish this project this year, most likely on december. Hopefully it would not require to be released in 2013, I want it to be in 2012.

According to my calculations, I have completed 84% of the map. From july 11th to september 1st I made 65% of entire map, studies greatly slowed everything.

Another quick terrain update as well, this may be familiar to previous picture, but slightly different. It is a hidden place, found after going through several hard traps/puzzles. There will be a quick boss fight, a ton of gold coins, two valuable items, one is hidden.
39224872.png

Level 31
damn yellow
Sorry?
I saw the release date was december, you should release it on christmas for a present to all the supporters haha :)
Hehe, well, Egypt-like map and Christmas don't really fit together, Norse-like would be better. We'll see how it goes.

Terrain update, this is Sphinx's Lair, it looks like a mess from the angle, oh well. Player will be asked a puzzle question by Sphinx and after answering there will a fight.
92360402.png

Level 1
Each time there is an update, my heart beat goes fast! With each update comes near the release of the map. Keep it going! Wish it is really December because I really love to play it as soon as possible.:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Each time there is an update, my heart beat goes fast! With each update comes near the release of the map. Keep it going! Wish it is really December because I really love to play it as soon as possible.
Love the design, especially that transition between the stone tiles and the sand.

Again, you've outdone yourself APproject.
Thank you for the support. :) It is only terrain, game itself do not contain many complex systems, it is rather simple just like my latest map Rise of the Gigantes as I do not wish players to be lost in complexities. I hope it would not disappoint, hehe.

I also must warn that the gameplay will be rather difficult and it will be challenging even on normal mode (There will be normal and advanced modes), so no easy walk-through. There will be also many hidden stuff, I wonder how people will react to this, will they complain of its hardness due to inability to obtain various goods or they may pay attention to it and discover everything, it will be an experiment.
Also, I see that golem/glass thingy area you shown before in the background :D
True, these two places are nearby each other. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.