• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Reign of Chaos orpg 1.00a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Reign of Chaos orpg 1.00T Beta! - T -

Reign of Chaos orpg

~New v
Here is the link to my forum. I'm looking for backup and i would be more than happy if you join uss!
http://reignofchaosorpg.freesmfhosting.com/
Now we got an official Forum for our clan.
Where we can discuss about RoC Orpg and otehr stuff.
-Click Here-

1.00T

project-reign-of-chaso-rpg-.jpg

A small note before you start reading.
Faq:

Q: The page has many views but no Downloads?
A: When i update the map i remove the current versions on the hive.
So it gets reset back to 0 downloads.

Q: Is this roc files??
A: No, it's my map protector that screws it up. No need to worry.

Q: Why cant i save my hero from Bosses of Outland to The Lost Temple?
A: You need a hero from The Lost Temple, you can not save an instantly lvl 10 hero on bosses of outland.​
This is the first map i have ever submitted and would appreciate anything.
Reviews, ideas, or something like that.
This is the first map i finished ever so far...
So...
+rep If your helping!
Here it goes!

Story: Long time ago there was a peacefull place. This place wasn't just an ordinary place, it was the source of creations. It held many secrets inside. This meant trouble if someone gets a hand on the power source. Aswell where there is light, there must be darkness. And so the reign of chaos started to fall upon the lands. Volcanoes rised from the earth as the water began to drown cities. Innocent people turns to the living dead along as warriors strives for victory. Now...with no idea where to go next...A group of heroes heard of a place called The lost temple. The Forsaken knight wants to turn the dead into undeads......
So whatcha waiting for?

~New v

Priest: Is a light / shadow based hero with various healing spells. He can also cast such as shadow spells.
An Intelect based hero.
Roles: Heal / DPS.
Difficulty: ||||| ~ Average

Paladin: With the power of justice he will smite the foul enemies that comes across the Paladin. With his unique powers he can bless his team mates with various buffs.
He's a Strenght based hero.
Roles: Support / DPS / Off-tank.
Difficulty: ||||| ~ Hard

Elementalist: The controller of arcane,fire and water will use all these elements on various ways to get the enemies down.
It's a Intelect based hero.
Roles: Small support / DPS

Shaman: With his spirits aside with himself he wont be refusing using them on a strategic way. He does even have the power of lightning with him and lets not forget his vodoo techniques.
It's an Agility based hero.
Roles: Off-heal / Small support / DPS

Warrior: It's the most resistant classes of them all. He doesn't only take damage for his team mates. But he does even smite his enemies with various strenght based abilities.
It's a Strenght based hero.
Roles: Tank / DPS
Difficulty: ||||| ~ Easy

Revenant Lord: The most mystical hero of the other 6 ones. With the power of darkness he will wrap and strangle them to death while he's consuming nearby souls slowly and steady. He is also ready to step forward to defend allies.
It's a Strenght based hero.
Roles: Tank / DPS

~New Archer: Will destroy her foes through multiple of different arrows. She will be able to set out traps and also target enemies to gain fully controll over the situation. Her loyal bear companion will be able to hold the aggro from the enemies.
Roles: DPS / Off Tank

Vampire: This hero is ready to cut and slice the enemies into pieces whenever he feels for it. He has a good blood controll and will be ready to consume blood and use it for all kinds of tricks. He's able to life steal.
Roles: small suport / DPS

Races: Human, Night elf,Draenei, Undead, Revenant, Orc and Vampire.​
Here are some of the...Features:
+ Save / Load
+ Multimap rpg (save load char to other maps)
+ Huge starting area
+ Easy / hard quests for grinding money
+ Rare spawns
+ Unique spells / race spells
+ Challenging bosses
+ Digging!
+ Equipment system
+ Xp system / spell systems
+ Item combining
+ Lots of items!
+ Item drop system/epic drops
+ Small pvp area
+ The map constantly gets updated!
+ It has 2 maps now!
+ Over 100 Items!
+ It is more balanced now!
+ You can play singleplayer online!
+ Easy start area, multiple shops for newbies
+ Supports spell hotkeys: Q W E R , A S D F , Z X C V
+ Bosses will: Talk, Cast Spells and have their own Boss Music.
+ All races has unique spells.
~ Requires patience in leveling
~ Max level is 20 for balance
~ Sometimes you may need to stay in group to survive​
And thats what i got...
Here's some screenshots.

NOTE: You can play Singleplayer only Online but you cant open the Map

Here is a small preview on The Lost Temple. Quality isn't the best but still.
The music is created by myself. Enjoy.
You should start at The Lost Temple map since it is more newbie friendly than the others at the moment. If you want to play Bosses of Outland you will atleast need green items.
1: Lost Temple
2: Bosses of Outland

Reign of Chaos orpg
1.00A: Beta release
1.00B: Better description on the spell: Convertion. Also fixed
the combining bug. The save/load trigger should work as it should now.
Reduced mana cost on Frost nova-Elementalist.
Also fixed a minimap picture!
1.00C: The Shaman has now less intelligence but more health.
The Revenant lord now has reduced mana cost on his spells.
Rare spawn system has now been reconfigured. (should work properly now.)
Also added so you can se what version it is in the loading screen.
1.00D: Styled the description of the items. Balanced more spells. Added sounds. Fixed several bugs and leaks. Also re-made the rare system spawn again. The name of the map is now corrected. Balanced the skill points. Added a new map Bosses of Outland.
1.00E: Fixed the last boss at The Lost Temple he is a little easier now. Also changed the file name on The Lost Temple.
1.00F: Reduced most of the Shaman spells mana cost. Also fixed the sight bug at the begining. Vision during night has been increased by 200. Also increased the heroes damage. Lets not forget some Leak fixes!
The fountains regenerate 4% more than it did before.
The Save Load system now supports the items loaded from Bosses of Outland.
1.00G: Reduced some of the Shaman spells (other spells this time) Also reduced some mana cost on elementalist spells. Fixed a worker icon to the horse. Fixed other leaks.
Added a new command with shows you the location of quest givers except one of them. (Will fix it next time though). Fixed the Revenant lord's Convertion. It has corrected cooldown and fixed grammar. It doesn't display wrong info anylonger either. Added a longer cooldown to Convertion for Warrior.
1.00H: Increased the mana cost on Ice Lances (Elementalist). Fixed the quest ping location. Also added 5 + Damage to all heroes!
1.00I: Reduced / Increased mana cost on various spells.
1.00J: Balanced few spells. Small terrain changes.
1.00K: Balanced enemy spells. Fixed a trigger wich caused lag.
1.00L: Fixed the Shaman spell: Healing Energy. It now heals more and costs less mana. Fixed few leaks. Enhanced the Reign of Chaos event.Major terrain changes. The tiles will now give of a smoother feeling. Fixed a bug on the Granite golem. It has now corrected drop rate.
Bosses of Outland: Epic Item drop chance has been increased.
1.00M:Major Terrain fixes in Bosses of Outland / The Lost Temple. Styled the Cannibalize ability. Lenghtened the duration of the command -Show quests. Corrected a small script. Added some more environment into both maps to give off a better feeling in the game.
1.00N:Made the start alot more easier than it was before. Added more damage for the Paladin. Fixed some horse bugs on Bosses of Outland. Fixed a new loading system on The Lost Temple.
1.00O: Fixed terrain bugs. Added more environment. Added a dps detection system.
1.00P: Balanced Elementalist more. Reduced 3 of their spells and corrected the damage of ice bolt volley. Fixed terrain yet again. Corrected some scripts. Reduced hp of satyrs / jungle stalkers also their dps is reduced.
1.00Q: A few bug fixes and balancing.
1.00R: ~Massive Update~ Added a new class, balanced all the classes on many possible ways like: Hp, mana, dps, spell cost, spell damage etc. Added damage detection system, changed teleports, styled environment, fixed correct tooltips on some items, corrected creep lvls, corrected enemy damage and hp, fixed timers and also fixed an item ground destroyed for much more less lag. Fixed Recipe bug they will now give off the right items also fixed grammar.
1.00S: ~Massive Update~ Balanced all the spells on the world. Balanced the heroes. Fixed some triggers and the boss music. Creeps damage has been corected. Added a few more quests.
1.00T: ~Massive Update~ Fixed the cinematic on Reign of Chaos. Corected some quest paths. Grammar fixed. Removed 1 spell on each Hero and Added 1 Triggered spell.
Fixed some minor bugs in triggers. Almost everything in the maps has been reworked.
Not Released yet - 1.00U:

Terraining: ██████████

Triggering: █████████

Balancing: █████████

Heroes: █████████

Bugs: █████████

Overall: ███████████████████ ~ 92 %

Terraining: ██████████

Triggering: █████████

Balancing: ██████████

Heroes: █████████

Bugs: █████████

Overall: ████████████████████ ~ 90 %

~New

You can post suggestions if you want.

Have fun.
Thanks.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_121210_125840_02rec.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 227
  • WC3ScrnShot_121210_125943_03rec.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 181
  • WC3ScrnShot_121210_130352_07rec.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 134
  • WC3ScrnShot_121210_130443_08rec.tga
    3.8 MB · Views: 130
  • WC3ScrnShot_121210_130714_13rec.tga
    3.9 MB · Views: 154
  • The lost temple.w3m
    4.6 MB · Views: 131
  • Bosses of Outland.w3m
    643.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 5
Try to test the new version instead. The save/load was buged in last version.
Thanks for comment!

Level 5
mm.
The map has been updated again though so maybe try your luck with that one instead? x)

Also if anyone experience trouble with hosting it maybe i could help?

Acc name: Ayrayen
Whisp me anytime!

(I would be more than happy to test my map with others now and then :/ )
[Maybe creating a clan soon if i gather atleast 10 peps....]

~Ayrayen

Level 5
It is a normal tft map.
I didn't experience any of those problems.
Are you sure you didn't miss it?

Level 2
The problem could be the file name is too long since Blizzard has put a stupid file name limit on maps and folders containing them.
This map's file name is quite big and could definitely mess up being in too many folders or too big of a named folder, I suggest make a new folder called ! below downloads and before TFT folder and put the maps you normally can't get to work in those and see what happens.

Or, you got too low of a version since some versions of wc3 have hash tables while the others don't contain them, though it is possible that the map could have some issue but from what he said it seems it'd have to be a problem regarding the folder thingy.

Level 5
I think i fixed it....
Atleast hope so. Post if you experience other problems.
Also! I've updated the map + a new map!

So now you can load your hero from The Lost Temple <-- to --> Bosses of Outland!
For better items!

Also thanks for the backup and the comments. Much appreciated!!!

~Ayrayen

Yeah - there's draenei models and everything, they only came in the expansion i think... Weird... the files show as RoC types. oh well.

I gave it a little try :D you could play it 1-man after all. Well, i chose the draenei shaman, and quickly noticed how annoying the sight range was. Please add more sight range, half the time, you can't see stuff happening right next to you. - there's also weird height differences that makes you unable to see as well... in the water and such. hmm... the regeneration from the pools seem too slow, my life is wasting away! :D

hmm... Shops... it's really odd that you buy XP... Just up the XP gain if people need to get more XP and make the gold focus on equipment purchase or something instead. Hmm... the shaman's base damage was ridiculously small, and to do anything else than damage nothing at all, i'd have to spend mana on a chain lightning, or die to a creep that had 10% hp. I guess it's supposed to be multiplayer, of course, but as shaman's secondary ability was crit, you're counting on him to have some regular damaging attack.
Plus, i think there's some odd wall in the game, that if your crit chance is too low (2% included) - you just won't crit at all.

And that concludes my little review ;)

Level 5
Ahhh.....
Thank you very much for the review!
Fixed the sight,damage,fountains etc etc.

[Also fixed the Shaman critt]

Again thx for the review. Much appreciated!
~+rep

:D Hehe, i think i'll give it a go again, soon...

But i looked into the files, and you really DO use RoC file types... how come? haven't you got FT?

Edit:

Decided to try it again already... tested the elementalist this time... And noticed that both of these caster classes run out of mana pretty quickly... what about adding a 'drink water' ability? or such? hmm... i also think that more abilities should scale with an attribute. so far i've only seen firebolt. Hmm... sight range's still too small at night... and from time to time it is as well in the daytime... weird... I have NO idea where that murloc boss is. perhaps clarify? i don't know where the bloody arena is, either. What about giving the horses the classification 'worker' so they pop up in the bottom left corner, easy to click? it's hard to locate them from time to time. What is that lvl 10 ability? at least give it a tooltip so you know what you're getting. I haven't found any str or int giving item except +1 str from some gloves that already gave 3 agi... there's a million agi items.

hmm... More low lvl Quests! item rewards! i only found 4 quests so far.

hehe... hope it is appreciated.

If you'd like to review my map too, i'd be just as grateful. it requires more people, since it's a Tag.

Last edited:
Level 5
Ok... i will keep the line of sight in the darkness. its good as it is cause it is dark..

Ohh btw! You cant see through your horse because that would be cheating.... You have a small sight with your horse just for your info.
I have indeed reduced mana cost on some elementalist spells. But not to many though. You will have to spend em wisely. Maybe for next update an ability for regenerating mana. But you can also buy potions.

I have added a story to all quests now. And some quests are more described.
I have also added Hero information *Look at the first topic to se them*

About the items its balanced. But sometimes you might get caught unlucky. But i can convince you that there is intelect based rings and such.
Promise.

Also i think its in roc version because of the Map protector or Unswe. dunno...
And one last thing you can play it alone.... Online!

Thx again!

oka. Well, it's more your hero's LoS that's the problem, creeps can attack you while you don't know where they are, and that just takes out a lot of the skillfactor. Mah, oka... Well, about the rings - it's early level. I haven't tested past lvl 5 or so. And it seems that in those low levels, only agi counts.

i can even save and stuff when i play offline :D i think you forgot to check the number of human players. not just players.

forgot to post that tag that i spoke of XD
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/tag-new-lands-tag-project-191086/

;)

Level 5
Ohh excuse me i must have been unclear while explaining the map.

Well let me explain right off!

It is based on the Reign of Chaos.. The lost temple is the first map to start with.
And you will notice allready after 60 min's of gameplay that infernals will start spawning.

However the whole rpg is called Reign of Chaos ORPG.
The lost temple as an example is just a start place for heroes to start cleansing the land from evil forces. As they get stronger they will throw themselves into bigger challenges.
And then when you get strong. You will find the guy who's behind the Reign of Chaos!

EDIT: Updated both maps!
EDITedit...: Updated several times ftw
EDITeditedit...: updated another time! =)
EDITediteditedit...: Isn't lovely how things gets updated? =)

Last edited:
Level 5
So im bumping the topic.
I need help... I feel like things are missing..
Feeling that i need more criticism!

I'll be patient and wait for peps! (I hope...) :thumbs_up:

Edit: Updated!! M !!!
Editedit: Updated!! N !!!!!! Please need criticism!!!! >.<

Last edited:
Level 5
Ok its been 2 months since last version.
So here i give you 3 updates into 1 !

Be sure to check it out!

I have implented so much stuff and put so much effort and work into this.

I really hope someone sees my work and appreciates it.
Or gives off criticism!

Well thanks for all the supports!

Version: 1.00 T is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.