• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seth's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
awesome awesome awesome , am a great fan of the Egyptian mythology and i cant wait for the project to be ready, damn i wanna play it so bad.
the terrain is awesome wicked sick double kill rampage whatever i can yell about it.
keep up the good work and keep going my friend.
subscribed as your fan now :D

Level 31
awesome awesome awesome , am a great fan of the Egyptian mythology and i cant wait for the project to be ready, damn i wanna play it so bad.
the terrain is awesome wicked sick double kill rampage whatever i can yell about it.
keep up the good work and keep going my friend.
subscribed as your fan now :D
Thank you for your kind words, it means much to me.

Hello guys.

I am facing many troubles lately as I joined university and it is really time consuming. Not only it is absolutely new to me, I don't know anybody around, I barely know anything so far there. I also have problems with my new living place, it is not comfortable at all and yet I have no internet connectivity from there. I tried to continue map, but many worries troubles my mind, I could not continue, no inspiration or strength yet. Haven't been on line for a week, now I came back home just for the weekend, not sure how it'll go next week. Thank you for all support, I'll get back on the project when the majority of troubles are solved.

Project is on hold since 2012 09 01

(By the way, rulerofiron99 was absolutely right)

Level 5
hmmmmm yeah its very bad to see the project holded, but studies are studies and you've got to study mate, am a uni dude too. but tell me if i can help you with anything, am not that bad in GUI triggering at least i think so or try to think so xD
but if there is anything that i can do, i would not mind you speaking to me
regards.

Level 31
I am moving forward since the mojority of troubles are solved. Here is a slight terrain update. Progress is slow though. Thank you for the patience. Map is not on hold anymore.

93169177.png

79912328.png

29522275.png

Level 51
You always are able to surprise me again and again. These screenshots look amazing *__*

The progress of the model was going slow the last days, the feet are totally bugging me. I don't know, every mesh I create, copy and past or what else fails totally, and they are the last thing that stop me from rigging it :/ I'll tell you as soon as I can when progress goes better!

Level 5
great to know that the project is going again, cant wait you know :D
for the feet i believe that ApProject should send a picture for his own feet, i mean to dominate the ancient lands of egypt he build :D hehehehehehe awesome terrain again with huge imports but awesome.
i hope the Inet problem gets solved fast damn i really wanna play that map.
btw ApProject i think you should give me credits in your map for how long i would be spamming this section of the hive heheheheheheheh just kiddin
keep up the good job and dont forget your studies
best of luck

Level 31
great to know that the project is going again, cant wait you know :D
for the feet i believe that ApProject should send a picture for his own feet, i mean to dominate the ancient lands of egypt he build :D hehehehehehe awesome terrain again with huge imports but awesome.
i hope the Inet problem gets solved fast damn i really wanna play that map.
btw ApProject i think you should give me credits in your map for how long i would be spamming this section of the hive heheheheheheheh just kiddin
keep up the good job and dont forget your studies
best of luck
Thank you for your motivation. The latest terrain update screens contain only about 4-5 imports. Basically everything was made on the original wc3 models. For example, these two types of pillars contain 5-8 doodads to make one doodad. :)

Level 5
Thank you for your motivation. The latest terrain update screens contain only about 4-5 imports. Basically everything was made on the original wc3 models. For example, these two types of pillars contain 5-8 doodads to make one doodad. :)

man your doin a hell of a good job in their and this is really epic, i believe that this map shall be the best map ever made, i've played a lot of maps i mean really alot but this should be really awesome
just cant wait :)
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

so my friend whats going on with the project ??? hope its still progressing and that the studies are good too

Last edited:
Level 31
The map is in a slight progress. I was making two spells three evenings, another spell left, two big quests remain to be completed and another big part of map will be finished. I saw some few cool new models and it gave me some fresh ideas for the last dungeon terrains. I hope to fix my internet connection next week. I also moved into another dormitory, some minor difficulties. Studies are okay, not too hard.

Level 20
The map is in a slight progress. I was making two spells three evenings, another spell left, two big quests remain to be completed and another big part of map will be finished. I saw some few cool new models and it gave me some fresh ideas for the last dungeon terrains. I hope to fix my internet connection next week. I also moved into another dormitory, some minor difficulties. Studies are okay, not too hard.
awesome! i have a question:
Are you releasing a Beta of the map or the Full Version?

View attachment 117986

New WIP. Finally managed to get the feet done somehow. The animations come from the WoW Worgen, and I must say I like them quite much. Still need to fix the rigging of the feet, give him texture animations, particles, hero glow and stuff.

Looks great! Gj! :)

Level 20
Full version only. I don't like playing around with betas or alphas.
well that's good to hear!

New WIP. Finally managed to get the feet done somehow. The animations come from the WoW Worgen, and I must say I like them quite much. Still need to fix the rigging of the feet, give him texture animations, particles, hero glow and stuff.
this looks awesome! any chance that we can get a view on the animations?(with gif pictures)

Level 5
Here ya go. The walk anims look still very weird and I have to fix the position of the weapon in the attack anims. These are not all animations shown by the way.

View attachment 118014

just a big like, a very big like, i like all of them the attack animations really show a strength pattern in him, the walk gives me a scary pattern, the run animation gives him the pattern of aggressiveness and rashness and the death animations shows him as a real strong fighter falling not just any stupid death one, big like on the model and the animations. very great job, its really awesome.

Level 31
Thank you for your positive thoughts. I am moving forward, but slowly. One big quest and 1/6 map's space left to be filled, yet the most complex area.

Here are few pictures made with banner maker, I will put it in the final submission's description just for the looks, between paragraphs. There are 3 pictures, currently there are total of 6, yet at least 3 more to come.

srbanner1.png

srbanner2.png

srbanner6.png

Level 10
Thank you for your positive thoughts. I am moving forward, but slowly. One big quest and 1/6 map's space left to be filled, yet the most complex area.

Here are few pictures made with banner maker, I will put it in the final submission's description just for the looks, between paragraphs. There are 3 pictures, currently there are total of 6, yet at least 3 more to come.

srbanner1.png

srbanner2.png

srbanner6.png

The pictures look great, and should make your description stand out more than it does on the thread. =D

Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought of creating a supporter banner for people who want to support your project? Because I'm really keen for this awesome looking game =D

Level 31
Glad to hear that. No, never considered to get one, yet I don't see a point of it. If being honest, I find it rather silly, no offense intended to anyone. About the description, of course, here is only the very minor description of entire map, just an introduction, I do not want to reveal much about the map in map development thread, or else it would not be interesting to play at all, hehe.

Level 5
The terraining for this map in the screenshots is some of the best I have seen on here, I really love the whole Egyptian theme you're going for!

I also had a look at the boss fight video you posted, and the mechanics look really interesting. I'm sure the kiting got a bit tedious at some point, but overall it looked to be pretty fun, especially the tower-lazer-things :L

Looking forward to the release of this!

Level 3
The project looks visually amazing. I am certainly quite interested, and will be following this.

By the way, where did you get the Atemu (Egyptian Sorcerer) graphics from? And the Egyptian buildings/doodads?

RDK

RDK

Level 2
I want to play this, it looks amazing. I downloaded your Greek styled one and will play it later :)

Level 31
Any progress ??.
Not much lately. Was working with the last artifact item, now I am going for the complex quest. I have thought of many ideas that I want to put in the final area of map, the last part of map will be the most challenging and different from the rest of the map, much work await me, this might time a lot of time though.
The project looks visually amazing. I am certainly quite interested, and will be following this.

By the way, where did you get the Atemu (Egyptian Sorcerer) graphics from? And the Egyptian buildings/doodads?
Thank you :) Atemu is a Medivh base model with this skin by Heuter here on hiveworkshop skin database. All models and many resources have been taken from hiveworkshop, chaosrealm, lowpoly workshop, wcundergrounds, xgm.ru, wc3campaigns. If you meant the base house of the village, it was taken from xgm.ru resources.
I want to play this, it looks amazing. I downloaded your Greek styled one and will play it later :)
Hehe, great, thanks. Do not get fooled though, Seth's Reign will be MUCH different from the greek one. It took me only 18 days to make that map, this takes months. :)

Level 8
Looks beautiful, but I have a few minor suggestions. If possible, maybe make Set's model have a longer and thinner mouth, as at the moment, Set looks more like Anubis. Second, the voices in the preview are too monotone, but the echo makes it slightly better, but not much. Lastly, I noticed that the voice actor pronounced Osiris Oh-seer-us whereas it should be pronounced Oh-sire-us. I'm a bit of a stickler for small things, but at least I feel that it'd make the game better. By the way, as you had mentioned earlier about how Apep would not be featured, another reason would be because Set is the one who generally kills Apep each time the sun rises, so I wouldn't expect that they'd ally against you.

Level 31
Looks beautiful, but I have a few minor suggestions. If possible, maybe make Set's model have a longer and thinner mouth, as at the moment, Set looks more like Anubis. Second, the voices in the preview are too monotone, but the echo makes it slightly better, but not much. Lastly, I noticed that the voice actor pronounced Osiris Oh-seer-us whereas it should be pronounced Oh-sire-us. I'm a bit of a stickler for small things, but at least I feel that it'd make the game better. By the way, as you had mentioned earlier about how Apep would not be featured, another reason would be because Set is the one who generally kills Apep each time the sun rises, so I wouldn't expect that they'd ally against you.
Thanks. :)

I agree, Seth's mouth is supposed to be longer and thinner, yet I believe the current state is acceptable, but I may mention that to PROXY, perhaps PROXY will be willing to change the face.

We are not professional voice actors but this is not an excuse. Somewhy it is truly hard to add emotions to the acting, but we try our best not to make it sound like a text-reading.

I agree, Osiris is being pronounced wrongly in nearly entire map. I honestly did not know how to pronounce it correctly until the bigger part of actings were made. Redo the recordings might be truly time consuming as it takes weeks or months for some people to do their part at voice acting. I may try to pronounce Osiris correctly for what is left, yet I will leave current things the way there are right now due to problematic fixing.

True about Apep. Well, there are many side quests going off the main quest line so it is not a necessity for Apep to ally with Seth though.

Thank you for your suggestions, Tonex, I may certainly look at it during the development.

Level 3
Thank you :) Atemu is a Medivh base model with this skin by Heuter here on hiveworkshop skin database. All models and many resources have been taken from hiveworkshop, chaosrealm, lowpoly workshop, wcundergrounds, xgm.ru, wc3campaigns. If you meant the base house of the village, it was taken from xgm.ru resources.

Thanks!

I had noticed some Egyptian models and skins which might be useful to you:

"Prince of Nach Rablah" (resembles a Pharaoh, although the skin is a bit too dark to be Egyptian)
High Priest of Ra
Egyptian Assassin

Stick of Rebirth (an Egyptian cane; looks nicely when attached to the "Prince of Nach Rablah" / Pharaoh)
[Egyptian] Ceremonial Axe
Headdress of the Immortal (Egyptian headdress)
Egyptian Scimitar
Tomb Harvester (Egyptian scythe)

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@APproject
I just happened to check this thread out again. I must say that I am pleased with your work. Very well done AP.

If you'd be interested, I'd like to work on some kind of multiplayer map together with you after you've finished this SPRPG. I've been around for 9 years so no worries if you need time to finish this project before beginning on something new.

Anyhow, best of luck to your success with this project, if you need help with something I got contacts covering almost every aspect of WC3. You can reach me on skype, I go under this name: Sverk3rCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.