• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seth's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
One of the last terrain update, perhaps next terrain update will be the last one because I nearly finished entire map's terrain and environment. This time I sacrificed not so useful tile into transparent tile and I tried to do an experiment with it in the end of the map. Hope you guys will enjoy this.
92230664.png

24224317.png

13928988.png

Level 31
Woah, now that's some fast replies!
@APproject
I smell someone inspired by the SvD terrain, aye? ^^
However, needs some hero glow on the crystals to further enchant their characteristics.
I was actually surprised of that transparent tile in your video and it seemed to look cool, but I wasn't sure where did you get that. So I accidently discovered it at Chaosrealm and tried to experiment, I needed sandy stones and these seemed to fit well, then I released that it is very familiar to yours of SvD, hehe. SvD memories affected me unconsciously.
That doodad combination is just epic :')
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. :) It also remind me of Silithus area in WoW, perhaps that's why it fit, worked out unconsciously again or it was a coincidence, hehe.
Looks great if you ask me. I wish I were that good at terraining/had such an imagination.
Thanks. :) I appreciate it.

Level 31
Holy sh*t, this is awesome! You're an really epic terrainer! ^^
Oh my god. Now that's epic! :D
Thanks, guys. :)
you're really very very talented on terraining man. ;)
So you are at 2D art. :)

So here it is, the last terrain update, I have completed 99.5% of entire map's terrain and enviroment art at this very moment, I have 1500 free doodad space to use, so I may add many little details all over the map. Currently 10640 doodads used, I may push to the limit with stones and grass doodads and terrain will be 100% done. Now some gameplay left to do to, it will take me 2 weeks at least or more, then testing and map is done. This image is taken from far so the details are not so visible, I'll leave it for players to discover, yet it can be zoomed. This *fortification* is the chamber of Seth, there you will battle Seth. To left there is the latest terrain update's sights. At this moment I am mentally and creatively sucked out and tired. This place include transpirant tile as for base effect for heights, it looks like abyss with fog ON. Hope you guys like my last piece of Seth's Reign.
70877637.png

Level 31
Nice, man.
Just beautiful.
Thanks. :)
Uhmm don't you think the reddish color of the rock doesn't really fit on the sand tile you're using? I think it would be better if its like the barren rock texture.
The house to the right looks very nice and kind of scary but the sand place to the left is not really that nice in my opinion I think it is the rocks it doesn't suit
Yeah. Rock bad. Change texture.
Hm. It looks alright to me, perhaps rocks are slightly too bright but I do not hold it as major problem at all. Yet it could be retextured into more yellowish texture, there I tried to set its color into maximum yellow but it didn't change much. I may ask for more yellowish texture on request section, it is not difficult task so I hope to be heard.

Level 31
Project thread has been stickied for 2 days. This will definitely be another great map by you!
Thank you, I feel honored. :) I got scared when I couldn't find this thread among others. :D

Anvil answered to my request and he did a good job on retexturing the rocks, it looks awesome now. I'll make sure to mention Anvil in special credits list for sure. Here is the retextured picture below.
66358990.png

Level 16
Sticky, what? I mean it surely is a great project, but in my opinion it's just unfair to stick one project like that. There're many great projects out there and none of them are sticked, so I don't see a reason why THIS particular one should be.

Level 31
I don't know what I should think of these rocks. On one hand they look really cool, but on the other hand, the red rocks gave the whole thing the impression of chaos and evil.
I agree, both looks good, I liked the red ones as well, yet this one didn't ruin it either.
Though I would really suggest to put something below that floating land. Maybe more rocks?
I really want the effect of nothingness below the lane, it is hard to notice stones beneath the path either, the only place is on the turning and I already put supporting stones there as it is visible in the screenie.
Sticky, what? I mean it surely is a great project, but in my opinion it's just unfair to stick one project like that. There're many great projects out there and none of them are sticked, so I don't see a reason why THIS particular one should be.
I felt unworthy to be sticked though, but 2 days is nothing too drastic, I guess it is not such a big deal. I'm certain more projects will get a spot-light sticked in near future for sure, for example, Invasion in Duskwood.

Level 16
2 days is fine, heh :) I seriously have nothing against the project (you have already heard me liking it twice), but I was kinda surprised and thought it was permanent - it would be unfair, I think you agree with me on that. Kind of unfair, at least, as it's not THAT much of a deal. But still. I like the idea of "Project Spotlights" though, so I'm perfectly fine with it.

And no, I don't think IID will ever get sticked.

Level 31
I made a minimap with the main hotspots marked, I wanted to mark the minor ones as well, but then it would be difficult to read due to map's size. Writings may give a slight feeling of a true map. By the way, I finished terrain by 100% at this moment. If I am having time, perhaps map might be released this month.
minimap3.png

Level 31
I'm moving forward rapidly, I plan to finish the map next week, Seth fighting scene left to be done and that's all. Testing might take some time, I'll be also making last voice recordings next weekend, a video as well, so I am almost certain of map release at next week's end. I hope to do it if time would not be an issue. Map's size will be close to 60 MB.

Level 10
I'm moving forward rapidly, I plan to finish the map next week, Seth fighting scene left to be done and that's all. Testing might take some time, I'll be also making last voice recordings next weekend, a video as well, so I am almost certain of map release next week's end. I hope to do it if time would not be an issue.

**** yeah
I'm pumped for release!!!!

Level 31
I am having some troubles, but minor ones that would cost only some more time. I have big plans for the final fight with Seth so it might take longer than expected. I also discovered a bug concerning PROXY's model, he is fixing it at the moment so it is on a slight hold. Most likely it will be released this early december afterall.

I have made the last and final video of map, it may represent the map as it stand as trailer. Hope you guys like it. :)

Level 31
+effects
+terrain
+voices
+creative
+attachements

-there are tons of effects and skills that might be too hard if you dont know exactly what to do (if you dont write what to do on each boss)
-there is no text to the little cinematic at the begining maybe that could be useful

overall gj :)
Thanks. :) Well, I can't really start explaining in a trailer, I do not in game itself too, because all booses are kind of the same with slightly different capabilities, avoid attacks and deal damage is the key. I was thinking about text, but I thought it was not hard to hear what is being said.
Maaan, I am so proud to be a small part of this, though you do get to see my work 90% of the time, it seems. :D
Thank you. :) Of course, your tile rocks! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 12
Truly amazing! ;) I'm dying to play it soon. :D btw, I helped you to promote your map in my facebook fanpage. I sure it'll draw more people swarming to download it when it's released. ;) I think that your map really deserves more intention since you've really spend lots of times and efforts in doing this map, and all of them(not counting the other resources used. :D) is done by yourself. Good luck on finishing the map for release. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.