• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reign (Life of a Queen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How To Play:

You can make an army instantly by entering the letter 'a' as a chat message: press enter, type a, & press enter again. You can also make armies if it asks you to type 'd' to defend. Just hit enter, type the letter d, press enter again, and an army will appear exactly where as intended. It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure: it might say type 'i' to marry the king of Italy, or enter the letter 's' to marry the king of Spain. There are lots of options and crucial decisions you'll have to make. I tried to make the level as open ended as possible, and certain decisions might have later consequences.

*** There is only 1 rule: Mary can't hideout on a transport ship, because if you try to do this, pirates will eventually come kill you. There is no hiding:)

Plot:

The year is 1558, you are Mary Queen of Scots, and it's not only your job to protect both France and Scotland, but to also invade England and storm Queen Elizabeth's castle and kill her before she kills you. So it's like Chess but instead of the kings being the most important, it's the queens. If Queen Mary dies it's GAMEOVER! If you manage to storm Queen Elizabeth’s fortress and kill her...VICTORY!

Inspirations / Description:

This map is my masterpiece; not only can you get married to multiple people for different prospects like in the show Reign, but you can even have a baby that grows up; like The Sims.

I really like having Zelda / RPG elements in my maps, like being able to walk up to someone and have them talk to you. Heck Link even stars in this map.

I always wanted there to be a Braveheart battle with heavy cavalry in Warcraft, and now we have it! The spears twice the length of man had to be replaced with gunpowder though:(

It's payday! Sim City inspired me to have automatic paydays based on the amount of buildings you own.

GTA inspired me to make some missions to obtain more gold.

Refuse to attack and have good defenses...there's a chance you might see a total Walking Dead apocalypse.

Dragons? Ya Game of Thrones inspires!

FEATURES:

New Ai programmed from scratch by me. They don't feed but attack you with entire armies, as in their defense and offense is impeccable!
It took 1 YEAR to make this level.
300 triggers.
352 regions.
Beta tested over 100 hours/energy drinks for perfection.
39 imported models!!!
A Dozen never seen before skins by me.

Challenges:
I've beaten it on hard, but never beaten it on 'hardest', whoever can do it first please comment so.

On normal (don't type anything), my recent record is 1:03. Post how long it took you to beat on normal if you ever beat it on normal please.

TIPS:

Protect Mary at all times! There are assassins:
140741-21a345111f25b7fb13561d1c492f1886.jpg

who's only job is to slay her(a new advanced assassin Ai), so block entrances, surround her close with friendlys, and don't loose because of an easily avoided mishap.

Whenever the game requests money from you, it's either a good idea, or a good value.

Betray The Tudors and they'll have their revenge, so should you help them a little, or help them a lot? #AdvanReign (Life of a Queen) v173cedProgramming

The last boss (Elizabeth) is no gimme, you can't just run a bunch of knights at her and win...#ZeldaBoss

Owning farms to receive a payday is very important later on, when there are no missions left, and you need more gold.

Assign your units in to groups. For instance the first thing I do is buy an army, and assign the 12 knights to group 1 (hold down Ctrl, and press 1). I reserve 6 & 7 for archers, and 8, 9, & 0 for armies on the opposite lands as Mary.

Model credit goes to:

Tranquil, HappyTauren, Kuhneghetz, Wandering Soul, Cavman, NhazUl, Direfury, HerrDave, Ujimasa Hojo, Radagast, Mechanical Man, Devine, Pyramidhe@d, MrHoon, Kitabatake, Cuore, Alethos, GreyArchon, Mephestrial, ViralHatred, Tillinghast, & General Frank.

I can't tell you what it took to program this level, a level of patients I never knew I had. It has inspired me to write a hiking book for the Louisville area. It all started from watching the show Reign, I wanted a level where I had to think like a king/queen, and have to make hard decisions. Decisions like whom to marry, how to spend your money, and maybe even to slay one of your own units. When have you ever had to kill one of your own units?

Any fan of this level should download my other level Orcs vs Goblins & Humans 7.3P that took 9 months to program and has 7439 downloads. You have to collect 11 orbs from 11 spell happy bosses, and bring them to a gate to see the last boss's, which are castles that come to life.

Lieutenants no longer have mana.
I imported yet another model for the defense of France.
-
Fixed quest from blinking.
Made a bunch of new players to reduce stutter due to the 96 units at a time limit.
-
Fixed towers.
Changed player names to friendly or enemy to reduce confusion from having so many computer players.
-
BIG UPDATE:
* The level is no longer boring since it now runs 40% faster than version 171.
* Found a bug with the Tudors.
* Game the countries names.
* Made a couple quests easier.
* Added a bunch of new ai players to get rid of lag.
* Intro update explaining farms,

Reign (Life of a Queen) v173

Attachments

• Reign(Life of a Queen)v173.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 57
Level 21
It's quite suspicious you know, the amount of big titles you are supposedly inspired by.o_O
Seems pretty fishy to me.

I played your map and it's quite rough all things considered. Terrain too.
I think the substandard review by deepstrasz is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.