• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Beta Testers for Reign - 1p - RPG - U R The Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I have been working on this level non-stop for a month strait.

I'm not sure if it can be beaten and I was wondering if someone who is really good at warcraft can play it and let me know if it can be beaten and how easy/hard it was.

Here is what the level is like, just like the show on Netflix really:

You are Mary Queeen of Scots. You live in France but you also want to protect Scotland. You control all the armies and wealth. You have to choose who you want to marry, fight England constantly, and the way you win is to find and kill Queen Elizabeth before her armies and assassins kill you.

The gameplay is basically a combination of Zelda where you walk around and talk to people, Warcraft 2 where you control armies, Grand Theft Auto with some missions to get money, and also like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book, which gives the level great replay value might I add. Also it's like Chess only it's protect the Queen not the King. The tax collection day, and the amount depending on how big your city is (how many farms you have) was an idea I got from Sim City,

Models by:
Tranquil (times 3 lol)
Kuhneghetz
Wandering Soul
Cavman
Kuhneghetz
NhazUl

Changelog

Reign9.w3x -- First release to public

Reign91.w3x - Fixed where rebels disappear after 1 min for the english war has been brought upon French soil revolt.

Reign92.w3x - Fixed where the 40,000 gold quest wasn't paying, and where you could buy more land even if you didn't have enough money. Made the tiny revolts a little harder and last way longer.

Reign93.w3x - Made an intro explaining your main mission objective (thanks neku99). Made French auto defense knight appear every 4 minutes instead of 1. Made it so no matter what eventually you can build more land in France. Repeating ending was broke.

Reign94.w3x - messed up version (trying to fix group leaks)

Reign95.w3x - Found a major group leak when autodeleting units after battles and missions, and fixed it. Toned down the repeating ending. Added the defend ability.

Reign96.w3x - Fixed the marriage problem with Scotland. Got rid of Divine Shield it was a cheat and so was infinite level up. Fixed a problem with building more farms in France. Made farms autoheal.

Reign97.w3x - Toned down the hero some more. Made second round of missions harder. changed braveheart intro. Now I just need to see if this version is possible to beat.

View attachment 277731

View attachment 277701

View attachment 277726

View attachment 277702

Level 5
Since I didn't make a video of it here is some screenplay of what happened while testing this out.

Okay so I have armies all around France.
People are in revolt, WTF?
They are annoying me with their pings, better kill them off.
King of Spain? Sounds good enough.
The Scots need my help? Of course!
I get more troops! Yay!
Fuck the English are many, stupid Legions.
They are dead! And the scott's with them....but I have a bigger army now :)
The English are mad on me....should have learned French when I had the possibility.
Butchers! They are killing houses!
Better stop them off.
I stopped them....now what?
Oh, the scotts are being attacked again, better help them out

I have to say that I enjoyed it at first, but killing the englishmen the game became a circle. I was doing the same thing over and over. Or maybe I missed something, I am not that sure. What I dislike is that besides defending the scott's there is no other way to get more troops, or even upgrade them.

Now the map might look good, but it needs some more stuff! The only thing that seems to be there are farms, nothing else. I would suggest that maybe you could make villages and roads so that you don't have farms placed all over the map.

The units seem the same honestly. No matter the country they all look alike. The scott's have the same units as me, their only problem is that they are fewer. Maybe you could try to make each country to feel unique with it's own units.

For now this is all that I have. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.